Menu

I don't know if you will find this as funny as I did, but here goes.....

DawnM

Oh, the logic of little people. 
On FB, a memory came up recently. My Andrew (who goes by A.J.) had a worksheet that asked a question about what he had read. He answered the question fine.  Then, the next question asked, "How do you know?" A.J. answered, "Because I read the story." It makes sense to me 🙂

Edited by Pamela H in Texas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 24
  • Confused 1

Cute!

Not the same, but I got a concerned note or call when my kids were in 4yo preschool because they were making a "gun shape" with their hands and doing "pft pft" sounds.  I can guarantee they learned that (like some other questionable behaviors) right there at preschool.  😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This reminds me that one time ds and ddil were at a conference with their 5yo and 3yo. The children shared that their dad was really scary. The leaders asked them about that, and were reassured, "Oh yes, he is really really scary!" What the leaders did not know was that one of the kids' favorite things was to be "scared" by dad, who would hide and jump out at them to the response of screams and laughter. That experience was really sobering (and yes, scary) to ds and ddil, who are great with their kids, and whose kids are all over them, cuddling and hugging, etc. It didn't help that ds is a big man.🙁

• Like 3

Reminds me of the time when my 6-year old firstborn purposefully circled a couple of wrong answers on a math test.  Since I knew she knew the answers, I asked why.  Her answer:  "I felt sorry that d. was never the right choice and I didn't think d. should be left out like that." 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

13 minutes ago, VickiMNE said:

Reminds me of the time when my 6-year old firstborn purposefully circled a couple of wrong answers on a math test.  Since I knew she knew the answers, I asked why.  Her answer:  "I felt sorry that d. was never the right choice and I didn't think d. should be left out like that." 🙂

I had a student who really loved the number 4.  We were working on adding with manipulatives, and I gave him a worksheet.  He went through and solved all the problems, and the wrote all the answers except the 4's.  Then he went back and solve those problems again (counted out the two groups of manipulatives, slid them together, counted the total).  Shockingly they were all still 4.  Then he wrote the 4's down. 

When I asked him why he skipped them the first time, he said that he was saving them for dessert. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 20

I went to kindergarten in like 1981, so it was very much not academic, but it was definitely more formal than the very part time nursery school I had attended beforehand, and I was coming in as a pretty academic kid who had known her letters and sounds forever and could read even though I kept it a secret.  We had one assignment where we were supposed to follow directions and color the triangle green and the square blue or something, and I deliberately chose the wrong colors because I wanted to know what would happen if you got something wrong. The concept of wrong answers in general was absolutely fascinating to me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Reminds me of my friend L's twin boys. They were taking an art class with a teacher who was expecting prim and proper quiet little girls. Not rambunctious little boys. Anyway, my friend went to pick up the boys and the teacher said "Can I talk to you about D? His drawings today were very disturbing." 

L said "I just about died inside. I was thinking WHAT?! My little innocent boy?! What is going on?!" She asked to see the "disturbing images". He drew a potato looking at a box of french fries, waving its arms frantically, screaming "Nooooooo!" 🤣🤣🤣 She cracked up, the teacher looked horrified, and L told her "I just don't think we're a good fit for your class." 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 20