Menu

New secret ingredient?!?!

dirty ethel rackham

Dh is making dinner while I finish some last minute preparations for our NZ trip.  He had me taste the gravy for the pork roast.  It tasted good, but different than usual and I had trouble figuring out what it was.  He started laughing and told me that he accidentally put powdered sugar in the gravy instead of flour, since they were in similar canisters (but large size discrepancy.) 🤣🤣.  

What weird mistakes have you made that didn't turn out too badly?

• Haha 10

7 minutes ago, *Jessica* said:

My husband used cinnamon instead of cumin in our homemade enchilada recipe once.  It wasn’t bad, but it was definitely different.

My daughter made the opposite mistake when making cinnamon toast. The results were not good, haha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

We used lamb mince instead of beef for taco meat - so good! (I know that people don't eat a lot of lamb in the USA vs Australia, and perhaps it's cheaper here - we use lamb a lot.) 

I made pancakes using melted ice cream and flour because I had already mixed flour and an egg and realised I had no milk. Really good pancakes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Same. Can’t tell you the times I’ve put cumin into smoothies thinking it was cinnamon 

I've sprinkled chili powder on top of my coffee or latte more than once, instead of cinnamon. Do not recommend. Although the worse was the time I somehow managed to sprinkled garlic salt on top - that was truly unfortunate. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, *Jessica* said:

My husband used cinnamon instead of cumin in our homemade enchilada recipe once.  It wasn’t bad, but it was definitely different.

I love cinnamon in my hamburgers. My daddy did that and I thought it made them fantastic!

Edited by vonfirmath
  • Like 2