Menu

PSA: Do NOT take your dead relatives on your family vacation!

DawnM

After initially being horrified, I now see the article is satire. I see the next article down being about Space Mountain keeping the lights on permanently, which sounded even more absurd than the dead relative 😂 , and found a fact checker article saying the space mountain story was false and came from a satire website, mouse trap news. 

https://mousetrapnews.com/about/

Mouse Trap News is the world’s best satire site. We write fake stories about Disney Parks stuff. From Disney Park announcements to Disney Hotel and resort news to made-up Disney partnerships, you can be assured that anything you read here is not true, real, or accurate, but it is fun.”

This could be a fun one to share with high school students as a way to talk about sourcing 😌

Edited by KSera
  • Like 6

In case this isn't clear to anyone, this is a satire news site

https://mousetrapnews.com/about/

Mouse Trap News is the world’s best satire site. We write fake stories about Disney Parks stuff. From Disney Park announcements to Disney Hotel and resort news to made-up Disney partnerships, you can be assured that anything you read here is not true, real, or accurate, but it is fun. So technically our slogan The Moused Trusted Name in Disney News isn’t true, but we thought it was creative and funny, so we are running with it.

Mouse Trap News was created on a whim to have some fun and write stories about Disney we wish were true. Some Disney sites write deceptive stories for clicks. We write 100% made-up stories for your enjoyment. We also hope that Disney sees how much people like some of our stories and decide to actually make one of our stories a reality!

2 hours ago, itsheresomewhere said:

The Haunted Mansion has always had a problem with people leaving their dead on the ride. Years ago, they used to have a deep clean scheduled for this.  And apparently, the seven seas lagoon is another favorite place for people to sprinkle their loved ones. 

Yes they have had a lot of issues at HM with cremated remains.   Then they suck it all up into a vacuum and it goes to the waste bin.   Bye Bye Grandpa!

2 minutes ago, DawnM said:

Yes they have had a lot of issues at HM with cremated remains.   Then they suck it all up into a vacuum and it goes to the waste bin.   Bye Bye Grandpa!

The fact that this is a problem is just mind boggling. Sigh. All the other humans...what in the world is wrong with them?

30 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

Cremation jewelry exists. They could have “taken grandpa to Disney” without the taxidermy. I’m amazed this plan made it out of the idea phase. Not one family member pumped the brakes on this?? 

It is not real. It is satire. Mousetrapnews.

• Like 1

I love the other two fake stories. Giving birth on the Rockin' Rollercoaster and the fart that shut down The Land. LMAO.

What's so weird is that people really do sneak their dead relatives into WDW all the bleeping time, so for a half a minute, it had me going.

7 hours ago, Farrar said:

I love the other two fake stories. Giving birth on the Rockin' Rollercoaster and the fart that shut down The Land. LMAO.

What's so weird is that people really do sneak their dead relatives into WDW all the bleeping time, so for a half a minute, it had me going.

I think that is why it is so funny to me.   It is like amplifying the issue.

• Like 1