Menu

May light topics

Indigo Blue

Do you have any good news to share? Have you heard any good, positive news/stories? Anything positive goes. A joke, a recipe, pet photos, something you are looking forward to. 

I loved this video of this sweet pony getting her overgrown hooves cut off. 

• Like 8

Here's something neat. Our co-op had our annual book sale this past weekend. (Did anyone come? Let me know!) 

Two days before the sale, DD and I were driving to our favorite thrift store a few towns over. It was late in the day and we didn't have much time, especially since I had to do my own sale prep that evening. There were lots of garage sale signs up but I told DD that we didn't really have time to stop. She asked if we could please stop at just one and unbeknownst to me prayed that something good would come of it.  

So, we went down this dirt road and finally found the sale at an Amish house. It was interesting--the elderly woman having the sale also ran a lending library out of her house. When I saw all the books, I told her about our co-op's sale. She said the day before, two ladies had stopped at her house. They told her they were starting an Amish school and have been scouring library sales, etc. to fill their classroom book shelves. I gave her the information about the sale and she said she would call the ladies. (Most Amish around here have phones or communal phones, but use them for voicemail only.)

The two ladies hired a driver, came to the sale, and shopped carefully for a long time. They left with dozens of beautiful picture books, chapter books, and animal books. It made me happy. 🙂 

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 15

49 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

Happy Anniversary @Kassia.  36 years, what an accomplishment.

Thank you!  I was 19 when we got married.  My mother told me that everyone at the wedding guessed how long our marriage would last and most said 2 years.  But she was a compulsive liar so I don't know if that's true.

Edited by Kassia
  • Sad 5

21 hours ago, Kassia said:

Thank you!  I was 19 when we got married.  My mother told me that everyone at the wedding guessed how long our marriage would last and most said 2 years.  But she was a compulsive liar so I don't know if that's true.

I got married young too and my parents clearly never approved. After 28 years of marriage (and 2 living together before that) it's obvious they still don't consider him part of the family. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope you get to celebrate in whatever way makes you happy and feel special! ❤️🎉

• Sad 5

46 minutes ago, MEmama said:

I got married young too and my parents clearly never approved. After 28 years of marriage (and 2 living together before that) it's obvious they still don't consider him part of the family. 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope you get to celebrate in whatever way makes you happy and feel special! ❤️🎉

Thank you.  That's so sad about your parents.  Big loss for them. DH's parents never approved either but it wasn't because of my age.  

30 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

@Kassia Happy Anniversary!!

22 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Happy Anniversary @Kassia!!!   ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you for all the anniversary wishes!  I made myself even more depressed yesterday looking at the wedding photos and realizing that probably about half the people who attended our wedding have passed away.  Every family member of mine is gone.  But today I'm focusing on my wonderful DH and how lucky I am to share my life with him.

• Like 5

Ds9 finishes chemo on the 9th.  It is a 27 month protocol; he was 6 when he went on it.  He will continue to have MRIs every three months and will start treatment again when the tumor starts to grow again.  He is very fatigued and tired of hurting.  I am so excited for him to get a break from treatment.  Of course we hope for a few years, but even if it is just three months his body is getting a break from all the meds and we are going to have a glorious summer!

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Condessa said:

Ds9 finishes chemo on the 9th.  It is a 27 month protocol; he was 6 when he went on it.  He will continue to have MRIs every three months and will start treatment again when the tumor starts to grow again.  He is very fatigued and tired of hurting.  I am so excited for him to get a break from treatment.  Of course we hope for a few years, but even if it is just three months his body is getting a break from all the meds and we are going to have a glorious summer!

I am so happy his treatment is over in a week!!  I hope he has the best summer.  And lots of prayers his way that he gets a super long break. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, MEmama said:

Oh I am sorry to hear that.  

• Like 1