Menu

Wal Mart grocery delivery mix up ?

teachermom2834

I have been doing Walmart curbside for years and have a good system but went for the free trial on delivery a couple weeks ago when my dd wanted some things and I didn’t want to go out. I’ve tried it a couple times and am not convinced I like it more than curbside.

And now…ugh. I got my delivery this morning along with someone else’s. So I had to sort what was mine and what was not. I have the non-perishables that do not belong to me sitting inside my entry way waiting for the driver to return for them but I put all the refrigerated stuff in my fridge. It’s been almost an hour and the driver hasn’t returned or called. I have tried to call the store and no one answers. I would like to get on with my day but I feel like as soon as I get into something this guy is going to knock on my door looking for the groceries he misdelivered. 

I realize that is is not technically my problem but I’m not just going to leave milk and yogurt out on my porch all day…and I really was hoping the driver would discover his error and correct it before he got in trouble. But now I have done all I can do as a good citizen to try to fix this and I’m still inconvenienced by it with my fridge full of stuff that isn’t mine and bags in my entry way. 

Anyone else have this happen and what was the outcome? Did anyone return to retrieve the groceries?

I will go back to curbside because this did not save me any time or trouble today.

Edited by teachermom2834

They won’t want them back.  They’ll just tell you to keep them.  I had it happen with a pick up order once.  Doing pick up instead doesn’t really do much to prevent these kinds of mix up from happening occasionally.  Bins get mixed up, last names or order numbers are similar.  It just happens.  

Edited by Heartstrings
  • Like 6

You don’t want to call the store.   Go to your app and look under Help at the bottom, then find the Contact Us button.   The store doesn’t actually manage refunds and such for the pick up and delivery stuff, they refer you to a corporate number. 

Edited by Heartstrings
  • Like 5

Also agree that they won't want them back.  I've had that happen once and ended up with a huge bottle of Persil detergent that they told me to keep so they definitely won't want groceries. We had someone else's stuff shipped to us once too by Walmart.  

• Like 3

Thanks all. I didn’t think they could take them back once I had them because that’s…eww. But I did kind of hope the driver would notice and come back right away and the store would never know about his mistake. Because I’m sure that messed up his day. I did report it through the app right away but I tried to call the store to speak to a person.

I did have a mix up on curbside once but now I eyeball what they are putting in my car and I recognize if it isn’t my order so I can stop the mistake right away. I actually noticed this too because I saw the box of Corn Pops the guy was carrying and I knew that wasn’t mine but I wasn’t able to catch him before he drove off. So annoying. But I am sure the person who did not get their milk and the delivery guy were more inconvenienced than I was. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, teachermom2834 said:

I have been doing Walmart curbside for years and have a good system but went for the free trial on delivery a couple weeks ago when my dd wanted some things and I didn’t want to go out. I’ve tried it a couple times and am not convinced I like it more than curbside.

And now…ugh. I got my delivery this morning along with someone else’s. So I had to sort what was mine and what was not. I have the non-perishables that do not belong to me sitting inside my entry way waiting for the driver to return for them but I put all the refrigerated stuff in my fridge. It’s been almost an hour and the driver hasn’t returned or called. I have tried to call the store and no one answers. I would like to get on with my day but I feel like as soon as I get into something this guy is going to knock on my door looking for the groceries he misdelivered. 

I realize that is is not technically my problem but I’m not just going to leave milk and yogurt out on my porch all day…and I really was hoping the driver would discover his error and correct it before he got in trouble. But now I have done all I can do as a good citizen to try to fix this and I’m still inconvenienced by it with my fridge full of stuff that isn’t mine and bags in my entry way. 

Anyone else have this happen and what was the outcome? Did anyone return to retrieve the groceries?

I will go back to curbside because this did not save me any time or trouble today.

This has happened to me at curbside and I didn't discover it until we were in the house unpacking.  I had to drive back the store for mine and they took back the ones that weren't.  So there is that.  

1 minute ago, busymama7 said:

This has happened to me at curbside and I didn't discover it until we were in the house unpacking.  I had to drive back the store for mine and they took back the ones that weren't.  So there is that.  

Quoting myself because I posted before reading the thread.   Everyone is saying they won't take them back and I've had that be true for a couple items here and there. But when I had an entire wrong order they did at least take them back out of my car.  I don't know what they did with them but they didn't like offer them to me because they were going to have to throw them out. 

3 minutes ago, busymama7 said:

Quoting myself because I posted before reading the thread.   Everyone is saying they won't take them back and I've had that be true for a couple items here and there. But when I had an entire wrong order they did at least take them back out of my car.  I don't know what they did with them but they didn't like offer them to me because they were going to have to throw them out. 

Possibly because they never really left the employee's sight, they considered them to have not been open to contamination / mistreatment / food handling violations -- then I can see why it might be okay. But once they have been inside someone's home for a significant amount of time, I think that's a big no-no, even for nonperishable foods and other things that could be open to contamination.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, busymama7 said:

Yes- and people return items and don’t those go back on the shelf? Or they just get thrown away?  I feel like if it is a sealed food item it could be resold. It isn’t like food served in a restaurant to the wrong person. 

I did get halfway home with the wrong order once and they realized the mistake and called me and I had to turn around and go back to switch out. Such a pain and it made me late to something else that day. But I’ve worked in service jobs and mistakes happen so I always feel bad for the workers too but that was very frustrating. But ever since that time I make sure the order looks like my order. I might get a stray wrong item but not someone else’s complete order. There is usually at least something big enough or sticking out of a bag that I could identify as not belonging to me. I do get curbside every week and have for a few years and that has only happened one time. 

I don’t think I am loving delivery though. I don’t think it is worth keeping after the free trial and I don’t think it is worth the tip I pay the driver. 

I actually will use most of what was misdelivered to us today and my dd is going to be excited there are French toast sticks because I don’t buy those. 

Edited by teachermom2834
  • Like 2

I have loved the mixups in the past, as long as I still got my stuff. It was like trying new foods for free. But I've gotten lucky and accidentally gotten charcuterie board makings and fun junk food I wouldn't normally justify. I only do curbside but they've mixed up a few times. I always call and tell them but they never want it back.

• Like 2