Menu

Men's t-shirt for sleeping?

cintinative

It's so helpful to have all the Amazon reviews, and also so frustrating. Can anyone recommend a soft t-shirt (tagless is preferred) for sleeping for my boys? The last ones we bought were boys' sizes and we need to move up to men's.  I keep reading reviews about quality issues, shirts being too short, shirts being too small, etc.  I feel like this shouldn't be hard but somehow it is?  Colored undershirts are okay if they are soft. We are Costco members if there is something there?

Just now, alisoncooks said:

Don’t know if this is an option but I often buy oversized shirts to sleep in from the thrift store. They’re pre-broken in and I can touch them to see if I like the feeling. (I also cut tags out because…itchy!)

My favorite "nightgown' is actually an old t-shirt of my fathers! My mom was getting rid of stuff and gave us a box of their old clothes - my husband didn't want the t-shirt but as a kid I always used my dad's old shirts as nightshirts and it turns out I have not outgrown that! 

It's a cotton guy harvey t-shirt, and soft without being weirdly thin like most shirts are these days. And feels like ACTUAL 100 percent cotton, not the stuff that says cotton but feels like mixed fibers for some reason. (like the most recent nightshirt I actually purchased. UGH)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cintinative said:

It's so helpful to have all the Amazon reviews, and also so frustrating. Can anyone recommend a soft t-shirt (tagless is preferred) for sleeping for my boys? The last ones we bought were boys' sizes and we need to move up to men's.  I keep reading reviews about quality issues, shirts being too short, shirts being too small, etc.  I feel like this shouldn't be hard but somehow it is?  Colored undershirts are okay if they are soft. We are Costco members if there is something there?

I’ve been sleeping in our old Army PT shirts for 30 years, so quality is not an issue. 🤣 Maybe hit up a surplus store?

• Like 1