Menu

Who knew!!!

Melissa in Australia

Apparently the way to remove the big black spiders that are on the OUTSIDE of the kitchen Window is to take the vaccum out and suck them up.. 

Then just put the vaccum back in the house

Thanks dh the spiders that were OUTSIDE are now planning their escape from the vaccum INSIDE the house 

😲😲😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 27
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Lol. When I was a kid, I remember vacuuming once at my aunt's when they were having a flea issue with the pets. And she was like, oh no, you just left the vacuum sitting there, we can't have that because the fleas will jump right back out. And she re-vacuumed the area where the vacuum was sitting then immediately put it in the garage. I have no idea if that made any difference, but it definitely stuck with me because I seriously think about the insects being sucked up in there nearly every time I vacuum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Happy New Year 🍾🎉🍻

My husband would do something similar. He wanted to vacuum up the spiders in our home as well. Our vacuum cleaner does have a bag.

The difference being IN the house. These ones were the big black ones OUTSIDE that my dh has now brought in

• Like 1

I am just having one of those absolutely jumping up and down frustrating days. 

The dishwasher packed it in. We are having 14 people over for dinner. They will start arriving in 40 minutes 

Dh lovingly thought he had better pull apart the dishwasher and see what is wrong... Now I have to try cook while standing astride his prostrate form. And how on the earth am I going to serve dinner with the whole kitchen floor now covered in tools and dishwasher parts. It is so kind and thoughtful for him to be trying to fix it. Knowing I will have a lot of dishes, but...... Argh!.

Finding it hard to hid my frustration. 

• Sad 14

I hope things get better and soon @Melissa in Australiaand that the spiders get moved back outside but really, really far away!

We had torrents of water gush out of our smoke detectors last Thursday hours before all of our relatives came for the bar mitzvah. Fun times I tell you. Now we have a delightful square cut out of the ceiling in the dining room. 

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

I am just having one of those absolutely jumping up and down frustrating days. 

The dishwasher packed it in. We are having 14 people over for dinner. They will start arriving in 40 minutes 

Dh lovingly thought he had better pull apart the dishwasher and see what is wrong... Now I have to try cook while standing astride his prostrate form. And how on the earth am I going to serve dinner with the whole kitchen floor now covered in tools and dishwasher parts. It is so kind and thoughtful for him to be trying to fix it. Knowing I will have a lot of dishes, but...... Argh!.

Finding it hard to hid my frustration. 

LOL..  my husband has done something similar many, many times.  If something is broken, he HAS to fix it.  Glad he got it put up before company got there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasProud said:

LOL..  my husband has done something similar many, many times.  If something is broken, he HAS to fix it.  Glad he got it put up before company got there!

I don’t tell my dh until I’m willing to have the thing disassembled right then. My washing machine was giving me problems and I said nothing until it was unavoidable because he was halfway through another project I wanted finished more! 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, fairfarmhand said:

I don’t tell my dh until I’m willing to have the thing disassembled right then. My washing machine was giving me problems and I said nothing until it was unavoidable because he was halfway through another project I wanted finished more! 

Yep, especially when the children were growing up, I would do this.  Like if the vacuum cleaner broke, I would tell the children, do not tell dad until this weekend.  Because if he stumbled in from being on call at 8pm and heard it was broken, he wouldn't want me to be without it, so he would fix it right then. 

Now it isn't quite as much of a problem.