Menu

My Kid Has Better Toys Than i Do

gstharr

I've been mulling this over for a month now.  I neeed a multimeter for a project around the house.  I knew that the 12th grader has at least of couple in hisold  sicence kits.  I searched his room for the kits. Then I stumbled across some interesting items  Seem that he and his gf have much better toys than i do.  I mean in variety and quality.  I have not revealed this with anybody. I am almost to the point of convincing myself to keep it to myself.  After all, there was protection, and he will be off to college next year.  Well...?

• Haha 6

I am such a prude I would hate that so much. I'm glad I never had that experience.

When my kids moved off to college we completely gutted the basement where they were living and remodeled. I warned, begged, pleaded with them to clean it out before they left. At least a year of warnings to please make sure they had taken any personal items. I still dreaded the task of emptying that room and my dh did most of it. Luckily the worst that was found, to my knowledge, was a couple love letters and a mix tape 🙂  

I'd love for my kids to have their innocence while living in my house but if not, I'd like to maintain my own, I think. (Of course, this is assuming they are not in dangerous situations and they have had the information and all the moral teachings I wanted to impart). 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, teachermom2834 said:

When my kids moved off to college we completely gutted the basement where they were living and remodeled. I warned, begged, pleaded with them to clean it out before they left. At least a year of warnings to please make sure they had taken any personal items.  

I will be sure to start this conversation next June!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soror said:

I'm lol'ing here. I was thinking much different kinds of 'toys'. 

@gstharr   Gosh, I was with Sorror mentally. Especially since the post started with multimeter lol. Honestly, if you hadn't said the part about protection then I still would've thought you meant gadgets and wondered why you were debating about talking about it 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depending on the type of toys and what they’re doing with them, I might have a “random” conversation about consent/safe play.

I got absolutely zero information from my mother other than save it till marriage.  As an adult I realized some of that is that she truly had no idea what there was to do than the missionary position basically(she didn’t even understand what Bill and Monica were up too…) But it led to me getting into situations in college and even as an early adult where I was way over my head and now I realize there were people taking advantage of my homeschooled innocence and consent wasn’t always there(and of course in 2001 we weren’t talking about consent like we are now.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Depending on the type of toys and what they’re doing with them, I might have a “random” conversation about consent/safe play.

I got absolutely zero information from my mother other than save it till marriage.  As an adult I realized some of that is that she truly had no idea what there was to do than the missionary position basically(she didn’t even understand what Bill and Monica were up too…) But it led to me getting into situations in college and even as an early adult where I was way over my head and now I realize there were people taking advantage of my homeschooled innocence and consent wasn’t always there(and of course in 2001 we weren’t talking about consent like we are now.)

OMG, what were Bill and Monica up to....please expound 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

I thought Bill and Monica was a Friends reference. It took me like three minutes to figure it out, too.

Coffee.

I'm way too innocent and still have no idea what they were doing. I'm still waiting for @Mrs Tiggywinkle to give me a detailed description on a public forum 🤣🤣 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I'm way too innocent and still have no idea what they were doing. I'm still waiting for @Mrs Tiggywinkle to give me a detailed description on a public forum 🤣🤣 

They did what many would consider weird things. I think I hadn't had the birds and the bees when it happened, and if I had I definitely didn't know about those types of things. I would tell you, but then you would be scarred like me.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

@gstharr   Gosh, I was with Sorror mentally. Especially since the post started with multimeter lol. Honestly, if you hadn't said the part about protection then I still would've thought you meant gadgets and wondered why you were debating about talking about it 🤣

Me too! I opened it to find out what kind of cool new mulitmeters are out there! Quickly realized I should not click on any links that might be posted in this thread. Hahaha...

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Slache said:

They did what many would consider weird things. I think I hadn't had the birds and the bees when it happened, and if I had I definitely didn't know about those types of things. I would tell you, but then you would be scarred like me.

My mom was most definitely in her 30s at that point and had several children. Um…I guess she didn’t know that certain body parts could go in certain other  body parts where it was not baby making??

This may explain why I have so many siblings, come to think of it. 

My kids are going to know way more than I was ever told if for no other reason than safety, but, um, I have a lot more knowledge than my mom did, apparently. 

OP, I’d probably ask my kid where they got the toys because they looked like fun and Dad and I want to buy our own, and then I guarantee you will never, ever find such things in his room again.  They’ll be much better hidden. 😂🤣

Edited by Mrs Tiggywinkle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, Storygirl said:

In case you haven't figured out the reference, she means Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky. If you want to know details, you can google it.

Yes I knew who she was talking about. It was 100% a joke about giving descriptions on a forum. Gosh if y’all actually started describing stuff then I’d peace out 😂😂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hippymamato3 said:

Aren't most people on this forum married? I'd expect that most things would have been discussed or tried or rejected at one time or another....

Yes, but they did things I would not have put on that list. It might be rumors? Nothing crazy, but some "Why would you do that?" things. I didn't delve into it, I don't care, but I've heard the cigar thing from multiple sources and it's just weird.

Edit: I googled. Not rumors. So if you want to know just Google that.

Edited by Slache

1 hour ago, hippymamato3 said:

Aren't most people on this forum married? I'd expect that most things would have been discussed or tried or rejected at one time or another....

I think historically we’ve just been careful on this forum to not use certain terms that are known to invite spambots.  That’s why I was using all kinds of non descriptive language lol.

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Yes, but they did things I would not have put on that list. It might be rumors? Nothing crazy, but some "Why would you do that?" things. I didn't delve into it, I don't care, but I've heard the cigar thing from multiple sources and it's just weird.

Edit: I googled. Not rumors. So if you want to know just Google that.

Totally off subject but I’m on a fourteen hour car ride today and bored so I googled the Starr report and read it. I was just a teenager and barely interested when the whole thing happened.  Now I have so many thoughts about power and vulnerability….

I’m still interested in the OP’s outcome though.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

I think historically we’ve just been careful on this forum to not use certain terms that are known to invite spambots.  That’s why I was using all kinds of non descriptive language lol.

Non-descriptive is all I found when I Googled too. I think I'm glad. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1