Menu

What do you all use for typing? 
we did have typing tutor and I deleted the programme and appear to have mislaid  it so can’t reinstall. I’m seeing typing speed is an issue for oldest with distance Ed so want to put a bit more emphasis on this with the younger two.

On 6/4/2022 at 3:18 PM, knitgrl said:

We used typingclub.com, but as mentioned above, I think we started in 4th grade. Ymmv, but it's free.

19 hours ago, silver said:

We also use TypingClub.com, starting with typing jungle (instead of the grade level options they have).

Ok, y'all win the prize with this Typing Club thing! Turns out they have a Dvorak version!!! https://www.edclub.com/library/dvorak  

• Like 2

We actually used The Good & The Beautiful, the one thing from there my kid liked.  It's offline (written books) and short exercises.  I sat with him for 5 minutes a day for book 1, and then let him continue to test his skills after that with typing speed tests online.

• 2 months later...

We really need to do this, y'all. With my older 3, we worked on this in elementary and somehow I totally dropped the ball with my last (there is almost a 7 year gap between kiddo #3 and #4). He is starting 8th grade and still doesn't type well 😭. I used a CD typing instructor thing with my older 3 but we don't even have a CD drive anymore 🤣

Edited by Ann.without.an.e