Menu

Let's Tackle Monday together

TravelingChris

Good morning!  I don't like the weather forecast for this week-- really cold--20's every night and not just high 20;s either, two or three days with highs in 30's. yuck.  Dh has floating holidays because they added Juneteenth and so I told him to not take today off since it is a miserable day and who wants to have a holiday in a gloomy, cold day with nothing special to do?

I do have my delayed dental appointment.  I was supposed to have it in late Dec but he was on vacation.  Then we were snowed out,  Today no snow but I am glad my appt is at 11 because we had black ice this morning.

Do laundry

Read book

not sure what is for dinner.

• Like 4

• Christmas stuff is mostly put away, but a few scraps remain, so we will do that
  • get a box ready for donation
  • move entryway table back to where a Christmas tree was
  • vacuum main floor 
  • finish kitchen/wipe down cabinets and counters
  • make bean/corn salad
  • Like 5

Good morning, y'all. I feel the same way about the weather, Christina. Grey and yucky and not really melting here. Ds has the day off and is still asleep, but the rest of us are working. I had hoped to be out today, but not planning to risk driving since the temps are staying low. 

Done:
Make coffee and breakfast
Tutor one student

Later:
Read - I am making a great start on my reading goals for 2022. Snow days help!
Prep some lessons for later this week
Log today's session
Work on a project

Dinner is gochujang chx thighs, rice, and broccoli. 

• Like 4

Good afternoon!

Thanks for starting the thread, @TravelingChris. Dh is off today and was at the computer desk until time for my classes to start. A friend from back home is stopping by today, so I was tidying things up, too. I forgot to take my medicine, so I'll do that soon. 

• devotion/scripture
  • coffee
  • tidy house
  • medicine
  • meals (lunch done)
  • 4 Zoom sessions (1 class of 2 brothers is taking the holiday today) 3 classes already done
  • friend coming by
  • pay bills/update checking
  • meal plan/grocery list
  • watch something and relax
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 4

Happy Monday!

I canceled the one appointment I had due to the snow.  Hoping to enjoy a slow pace on this national holiday.  Though of course, I'll still work.

Done:

• Woke up and went outside to help the housemate who fell in the snow and couldn't get up.
  • Cleaned my room / made my bed.
  • Did some reading.
  • Yoga etc.
  • Woke up the girls so they will sleep tonight.
  • Had a banana and a coffee. 
  • Cleaned in the kitchen.
  • Folded and put away laundry.
  • Caught up on emails, news, calendar, social media, and electronic school stuff.
  • Canceled my chiro appointment.
  • Left a message for the snow plow guy.
  • A little file organizing.

To do:

• More coffee.
  • More reading.
  • Client work.
  • Play outside with the pup & other pup stuff.
  • Map the fuse box with the kids.
  • Online church with the kids.
  • Reading with the kids.
  • Some health stuff with the kids.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 4

Good morning, all!  We have today off, not feeling super motivated here.  

To do:

• coffee, repeat
  • continue working a bit in office/workout room
  • lesson plan for tomorrow
  • laundry
  • clean floors
  • weights, steps, water
  • pull a meal from freezer/chicken/mac and cheese, salad for me
  • read, relax

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Good afternoon everyone!! Today is sunny and in the 50s. I've been to get medicine refilled, worked in my classroom, and had some coffee. My plans for the rest of the day include:

Clean the floors

Call my parents and hope to walk my dad through ordering from wal mart-done-he figured it out

Cook-done

Checkbook

Write church checks

Work on the paper piles

Shred-done

Laundry-done

Wegovy shot-done

Empty the dishwasher-done

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 4

Good morning all. Sorry you are having gloomy weather. Ours is gorgeous: sunny and 60's. 

Done so far

Quiet time: researched idea for post/article

Read for classes: Wrinkle in Time, Mystery and Manners, YouTube Secrets, Jesus Storybook Bible

Looked over notes from video I watched for class tomorrow

3 loads of laundry

Talked to hubby for an hour/worked on his flights to Ecuador

Warmed up the soup and ate lunch with oldest

Need to do:

Go for a walk

Finish cleaning formal dining room ( didn't do it yesterday)

Receipts

Read over script again for class on Wednesday

Update checkbook

Redo the budget in MINT

Yoga?

Write new wineskin article

Write about not being safe

Edited by TexasProud
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, SKL said:

One other thing - I need to get estimated tax payments ready for tomorrow.

Which reminds me that I need to check my checking account and see if we got our refund.  The where is my refund isn't working anymore, however 6 million returns haven't been processed.  They got our on June 6th and the last time I checked in early Dec, it was still in process, according to where is my refund.

What I don't know is if they do not refund us before we send in this years return, do we claim the refund we never got????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TravelingChris said:

I do have my delayed dental appointment.  I was supposed to have it in late Dec but he was on vacation.  Then we were snowed out,  Today no snow but I am glad my appt is at 11 because we had black ice this morning.  No dental issues at all- so happy

Do laundry- still doing- have to go downstairs and deal with the dried, if dried and check whether the relaundered ones are now actually clean

Read book-have been doing on and off

not sure what is for dinner.- spaghetti and meatballs

Other things I have done=figured out why the neurologist had called me- I have a nerve study tomorrow morning

I also renewed all my kids and their spouses AAA memberships--- I had an adrenal crash around Dec 15th and haven't recovered until really this last weekend- slowly recovering- and so I didn't get all their Christmas presents and I really have no idea what presents I got from whom. Still need to probably do some more renewals but that will be tomorrow or in the coming days

Also actually put together my medicine box and took my Dupixent shot. 

Still to Do

Finish laundry[-both check if clothes are dry and if so fold, or do dryer some more, and check if relaundered clothes are actually clean now

Get clothes ready for tomorrow

Check my bank account and see if IRS sent our refund\

Read

• Like 2

Played out in the knee-deep snow with the pup.  That is a workout.  🙂

The plow guy still hasn't come, but he called and promised to come later.

School is canceled for tomorrow, yay!

Had a fuss that sucked up an hour I had planned to use otherwise.

We won't be getting to the fuse box today, but maybe tomorrow.

Trying to get some reading done.  I committed to myself that I'd finish two in-process books this week, but that was before I realized how much time that was likely to require.  I only have until Thursday, because of weekend plans.  So I am trying to find a bunch of reading time before then.  It doesn't help that I can't sit normally and I can't see very well.

• Like 3

My friend came and stayed for about 15-20 minutes since they were on their way back home. It was nice to see her! 

Finished my Zoom sessions.

Made the meal plan and we won't need much in the way of groceries until later this week. 

Dh and I went out to dinner at a local burrito place.

Made potato soup for dh to have for lunch the next two days; I won't be home to make dinner tomorrow night. 

Walked about 35 minutes

continue watching Clickbait on Netflix (I'm hooked and binging it!)

• Like 1

Worked on polying a wood extension table that DH and I made for my sewing machine yesterday. 

Organized some paperwork.

Ring fit

Followed up on a couple of job search emails. 

Tomorrow: see if anymore poly is needed on extension table, make Dr appointment, look into college options for high school enrollment with oldest, run to Costco, pick up a friend and then drop her off on our way to the dentist, cutting quilt sashing, phone call appointment at 10am. 

Edited by LifeLovePassion
  • Like 1

Checked if IRS sent us the money they owe us- NO.  We must be one of the 6 miliion whose returns from last year have still not been processed.  I have to get in touch with my senator because this is outrageous.  My return, though we don't do the standard deduction but rather itemized, is actually very straightforward.  We only have my dh's work income, retirement income and small amounts of interest and profits from mutual funds.  No alimony issues or child credits or self employment or changes of employment midyear or anything like that. And our refund is only due to the fact that we turned our tax return about 20 days late and so we had already earlier sent a check for 500 to cover what we may owe and it turned out that we didn't owe 500 but rather 382.  

Folded one load and will fold a small load soon.

Chose clothes and put them in my bathroom

Going to go watch final season of the Expanse.