Menu

Family friend hospitalized with Covid -UPDATE #2!

mom2scouts

A long time friend of ours is in the hospital with Covid. I'm pretty sure he was vaxxed. He's on high levels of oxygen but they can't get his oxygenation levels up. Waking up to that news and the storm news made me want to go right back to bed. 

UPDATE: Yesterday our friend was on 100% oxygen and they were talking about moving him to long term care. The wife got a call from the doctor this morning who was thrilled to report a dramatic overnight improvement and now they're talking about moving him out of ICU to a step-down unit today!

UPDATE #2: The new meds had a dramatic effect. Friend has been moved out of ICU and is improving. The wife said the nursing staff is "giddy" with excitement about seeing someone improve so much after being minutes from intubation. Now they're talking about him going home. Let's hope the new treatments work as well for other patients!

Edited by mom2scouts
  • Sad 31

1 minute ago, mom2scouts said:

A long time friend of ours is in the hospital with Covid. I'm pretty sure he was vaxxed. He's on high levels of oxygen but they can't get his oxygenation levels up. Waking up to that news and the storm news made me want to go right back to bed. 

So sorry! Hope he starts to improve quickly!

• Like 1

Well, friend was moved to ICU yesterday. He's on the highest level of oxygen possible before intubation. His wife said he didn't want help using the toilet and the effort was affecting his oxygen levels. He's being treated with some new medications that have been successful recently against Covid, so we'll keep hoping for a good outcome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 19

• mom2scouts changed the title to Family friend hospitalized with Covid -UPDATE #2!