Menu

How to set up a social group???

mlktwins

Just now, Baseballandhockey said:

If you set one up, can you invite me?  I would love to see one on that topic!

Yes.  I'm looking for a place where people are actually living it.  Where we can vent, share, laugh - no judgement, just understanding.  It is such a hard place to be -- especially when we have kids also.

• Like 2

Just now, Loesje22000 said:

Home -> Clubs -> Push the ‘start a club’ button?

D45C2EC7-55C6-4ACE-8172-6558FB765266.jpeg

Thank you!  Do I invite people or just post the link in a thread for them to ask to join?  If I set up it, am I responsible for monitoring it?  Because...I don't have the time for that 🤣🤣🤣!!!

2 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

Thank you!  Do I invite people or just post the link in a thread for them to ask to join?  If I set up it, am I responsible for monitoring it?  Because...I don't have the time for that 🤣🤣🤣!!!

Forum mods don't meddle in the social groups, so if you want it monitored but don't want to do it yourself, you'd best fob it off to someone else!

3 minutes ago, Rosie_0801 said:

Forum mods don't meddle in the social groups, so if you want it monitored but don't want to do it yourself, you'd best fob it off to someone else!

Thanks Rosie!  I didn't think ya'll meddle in them for sure.  You haven enough on your plates!!!

I hope it doesn't need moderating -- LOL.

Edited by mlktwins

1 minute ago, mlktwins said:

Your club your rules I suppose. I don’t manage / moderate a club

A private one requires invitations I suppose, and  a more accessible one is less private.. You will see once pushed on that button.

You might want to find a second (and maybe even third) moderator depending on the group size. 
also your choice is if you want a more loosely or more strictly moderated group.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Loesje22000 said:

Your club your rules I suppose. I don’t manage / moderate a club

A private one requires invitations I suppose, and  a more accessible one is less private.. You will see once pushed on that button.

You might want to find a second (and maybe even third) moderator depending on the group size. 
also your choice is if you want a more loosely or more strictly moderated group.

Well...the good news is this is a type of group that hopefully wouldn't be political!  I mean we are all in the same trenches regardless of political affiliation 😁!!!

I know anyone in this situation is already stretched so thin.  I had school stuff to do with my boys today and ended up taking dad to a quick appointment at 10:30 and not getting home until 2:30.  My time is not my own.

• Sad 2

I moderate two private social groups. I had to set them up specifically to be private. Not all groups are private. I don’t moderate discussions on the groups (though I suppose I could if I really wanted to) but I do have to let people into the groups. It seems to come in bursts. I personally  have a rule that I stated up front that someone has to have at least ten legitimate posts on the board to be admitted to one of my groups. I still have three people (two of them with zero posts) who are waiting to be admitted to the groups. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I moderate two private social groups. I had to set them up specifically to be private. Not all groups are private. I don’t moderate discussions on the groups (though I suppose I could if I really wanted to) but I do have to let people into the groups. It seems to come in bursts. I personally  have a rule that I stated up front that someone has to have at least ten legitimate posts on the board to be admitted to one of my groups. I still have three people (two of them with zero posts) who are waiting to be admitted to the groups. 

This is a good rule....there are a couple of groups I am in where zero or low post people have asked to join....and I'm like   ?????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1