Menu

Let's Tackle Saturday Together

TravelingChris

Today I woke up at 4;33 .and screamed.  Dh grudgingly got up and handed me water and then my pill.  I still can't get up. I was 3 hours late for it.  And I must be favoring my right side in sleep just as in my walking.

To do

Shopping both on line and maybe in a few little stores- but probably just one.  I need to get a wheelchair.

Dutch Apple Pie and some sort of eggs, not sure if omelet, for breakfast

Clean up downstairs

Watch football games including the big one- Al v Auburn

Hopefully briefly or not so briefly meet my new grand daughter's and give them the gift bags I have been trying to give them since early October, but my grandson arrived on the day we were going to have the baby shower- Oct 30.

Maybe do Red laundry

Actually set alarm for tonight very soon.

Read my book that I am supposed to present next Friday morning.

Arrange for a friend or deacon from my church to drive me around Monday.  I have my first follow up orthopedic appointment and they will do x-ray and I am goung down to the Access office to speak to someone to actually get my disability bus accessibility and buy passes

Thank you, bereavement, and holiday cards - do them today and mail today at least the thank you and whatever cards I get to before my shopping outing.

Not sure what else, if anything 

What U wish I could go to is the 80s, etc dance party tonight at Lowe Mill, the South's largest privately owned arts facility and it is huge. Over 30O little shops and a few restaurants and bars and performance spaces too.

• Sad 7

@TravelingChris I hope the pain is under control soon and that you can enjoy doing a few things today. Your list seems awfully long for someone recovering from surgery!

I got up to make b’fast for Dd, who is off to work today. Glad I did bc she hadn’t thought to charge her phone, take some cash, etc. 

I fed the starter, turned up the heat, took meds. High blood sugar numbers bc I had a starchy snack around 8:00 last night.

In a bit I’ll make coffee and b’fast for me. ✔️ 

Later:

Check on the dog Dd is taking care of.

Read

Take Ds to airsoft? He really needs to get out and do something.

Late lunch with friends.

Dinner is ham, hash brown casserole and asparagus. Maybe an extra non-starchy side for me. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@TravelingChrissorry you are in pain!! The plan for today:

Make Sausage Breakfast Bread-done

Have Carrot Cake for breakfast-done

Get some schoolwork done at home

Go to my classroom to do some prep for next week-done

Mail and shred

Bank statement

Go to CVS to check on prescription-done

Buy some sausage-will wait

Send Ds home-done

Start decorating for Christmas

Stop by dollar store-done

Work on some paper piles I have that need to go away (how does this happen?)

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@TravelingChris, praying your pain level improves greatly! 

Good morning! 

• meals 
  • lesson plans for next week
  • go pick up some Christmas lights to put on another tree for the office (how we have strands that half work I don't know)
  • possibly visit a Christmas festival in our downtown area at least for the food trucks
  • play a game or watch something with the kids 
  • meal plan and grocery list for next week 
  • tidy house
  • relax and get in bed early
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Dd just texted, apparently the work her friend told her about is not happening today? Place is closed and no one there. Argh! Dd got up early and was counting on that money. 

On the other hand, she has plenty of school work that needs to be done, and now has a whole day to do it. 

• Like 6

Good morning, all!  @TravelingChris, hope you get some answers from the advice line, some sort of relief. 

All the talk about Christmas has inspired me, so on my list:

• pack up Thanksgiving decorations
  • pull Christmas from storage, sort, purge
  • if possible, set up tree, work on decorations
  • work on lesson plan/organizer for next week's classes
  • leftovers for dinner, need to pick up some salad for me
  • watch football, read

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Happy Saturday, all!  It feels like day 4 of the longest weekend ever!  I love it!  Never mind that I'm sweeping all my client work to-do's under the rug ....

I woke up feeling everything ... the injections in both shoulders, the blood donation punctures in my arm and finger, my leg muscles, and even my skinned knee from Wednesday night.  Plus aches in my head, ear, and neck.  But it isn't bad, it's just kind of "there."  I can still work, but don't tell anyone that!  I want this to be a lazy day.

Done:

• Slept in.
  • Ready for the day.
  • Drove Kid2 to horse riding.
  • Cleaned out parts of my car.
  • A bit of pup stuff.
  • A bit of cleaning in the kitchen.
  • A couple of work discussions.
  • Caught up on emails, calendar, news, social media, electronic school stuff.
  • Working on coffee 2.

To do:

• Lots of client work.
  • Pay some bills.
  • Clear some personal emails.
  • Make good progress on continuing professional education & log progress to date.
  • All of the laundry.
  • More pup stuff.
  • Some reading.
  • At least try to do "yoga etc." if I'm too sore to do more.
  • Clean kitchen, bathrooms, my bedroom, laundry room.
  • Make the kids clean their bedrooms / help purge stuff.
  • Pack boxes of hand-me-downs for nieces & make a plan to transfer them.
  • Discuss with the kids grade incentives, advent calendar ideas, other things.
  • Was hoping to read with the kids, if possible.
  • Catch up on online church.
  • Whatever else gets done.

• Like 5

Just got my lazy bottom dollar out of bed. 

Welcomed my daughters best friend, gave her lots of love and support and had them cracking up as they were leaving to drive to their other best friend's house. 

Shower, wash hair, turn down the heaters because they were still set high for when the baby was here and I now realize that's why I've been having headaches. 

Lots and lots of stuff to do not sure yet what I will try to accomplish, I will have to come back later and update. 

@TravelingChris prayers for you, please try to take it easy! Gentle nagging, Scout is right ♥️

• Like 4

Got a good bit of decorating done.

Took the bread out.

Showered and got dressed.

Emailed the friends whose house we are going to for lunch that we want to keep the conversation light. He is a retired pastor and they know our family life had been challenging lately - he is inclined to shift into preacher mode. Hoping they honor my request! Originally, another family would have been there too, but they are sick and our kids don’t want to go with no friends there.

Later: take mom to Walgreens to buy new makeup. This is not a long thing, but the area where she lives is super-retail heavy and traffic could be bad. If lunch conversation becomes too personal, I’ll use this errand as a reason to leave.

• Like 4

I got good advice from nurse.  I had forgotten that this is sciatica pain.  I grew up in the Washington DC area.  I went to the University of Chicago which didn't go to back until late September.  My friends from high school all left earlier.  I decided to go on a horse back ride in Rock Creek Park.  Welll, though it was a trail ride, they used English Saddles.  I had plenty of experience w Western but none w Eastern.  Add to that that leaves were on the ground, the ground was rocky underneath, and it had rained the night before.  We were going up a hill and the horse started falling and so I fell.  That was the major trauma that the orthopedist said had to cause such a bad displacement.  And after that fall, I suffered from sciatica for several years and then it stopped. And no one ever mentioned I had a big disc out of place.  

The nurse advised me to put a pillow under my knees or between my knees.  My doctor gave me advise on how to take extra amytryptyline. Also what to  do w pain pill not working long enough for right now.

Called my friend who is also a deacon and we are good to go for Monday.  She will take me to the transit authority and then to my orthopedic appt.

Had a small sandwich for first part of lunch.  

Watching MI beating OH.

I am not going anywhere for shopping.

And will not do laundry either.

• Like 5

Checking in very late....oof. 

So far today I have already:

....coffee'd up
...went by Kohl's, picked up a store pick up order
...went by JCPenney's, grabbed some shirts for the guys
...have the D&D gang upstairs, all fed & snacked & taken care of 
...had a nap
...did all the pre-D&D cleaning earlier that needed doing
...looked over my Christmas files for school (got some new ones, need to sort how to use them)

What I need to be doing now:
....prep for Monday, b/c as of now, we're apparently having nap time....I do not think that will go over well, LOL! 

if I get anything else done (I *should* do some laundry -- one load got started, need to go swap it over), it will be gravy. MUST get the school stuff done. 

We're watching UH beat UConn, and then will watch A&M hopefully win over LSU later. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 5

Took a shower, wash my hair and conditioned it, did a face mask, did that cheese grater thing on my feet, and a one minute scrub on my hands.

Getting rid of my bras because they're way too big now, luckily because I'm a shopaholic I have some that fit now. Also getting rid of some of my leggings because they make me look bigger than I am they're so baggy.  

Edited by MooCow
  • Like 4

@TravelingChris I am so sorry. Praying you can get your pain under control. 

Enjoyed last day with all three kids. Found out my daughter's roommate was exposed to Covid. We were there last weekend and around her. She and her co-worker were masked, but she was not masked around my daughter in their room, but I think the timeline is ok. We all wore masks around my mom yesterday, so hopefully everything will be ok. I hate this.

Wrote the introduction for the Advent devotion for our church that starts tomorrow. 

Made two videos for the last few weeks of Advent.

Did laundry all day.  The last couple of weeks have been nuts. Taking care of mom, packing RV, heading to daughter's college, coming back heading to mom, making Thanksgiving meal, back and forth to mom's, back home... I am tired.

Need to work on my paper that is due on Wednesday.

Will work on another video. 

Need to work on my own finances, maybe tomorrow. Will be tackling my mom's finances this week. 

• Like 5

@MooCow, not listening, not listening. LOL!  Dh grew up in Ohio and is a Buckeyes fan. I am one by marriage, he's happier when they win! He wasn't happy today. 

Ds's gf found a gluten free restaurant nearby, so we tried it tonight. It's in an old mill and is a really cool place with apartments and shopping. It was good but pricey. 

I didn't put more decorating on my list, but I needed to.

I took down the Thanksgiving decorations and packed those up.

I put up and decorated a tree in the bay window of our office. 

I put together the centerpiece for our dining table. 

I hung the stockings. 

• Like 4

I just did my walk.

Did some 90 minute foot peel....all I can say is it was hard to walk with it on my feet. 

My cat is being the biggest whiner 59er ever! She is literally crying at my office door to get in! So I gave her some treats 😁 

Invited dh to join my walks, guess now I'll take two 😂 

Finish my nails 

Must eat something, haven't been hungry all day...

@TravelingChris praying you get some relief 

@TexasProud praying for you and everything that is on your plate

Edited by MooCow
  • Like 3