Menu

My parents are now fully vaxed and I am so relieved

Ginevra

5 minutes ago, Quill said:

A few months back, my mom was still hesitant because she was afraid of bad side effects. But happily, her doctor convinced her by appealing to her altruism. She did not see it as needed to prolong *her* life, but she does not want to be responsible for being part of the chain that makes someone *else* sick or die (like my dad). So they are both fully vaxed with Moderna. Yay!!!

I wish. So happy for you!

• Like 1

My mom finally got her first shot and I am so excited that she is starting the process (she’s very high risk and has stayed super secluded for most of this time). Wish my dad would but I just don’t see it happening. I’ll take what I can get, I guess.

Congrats! What a great feeling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Quill said:

A few months back, my mom was still hesitant because she was afraid of bad side effects. But happily, her doctor convinced her by appealing to her altruism. She did not see it as needed to prolong *her* life, but she does not want to be responsible for being part of the chain that makes someone *else* sick or die (like my dad). So they are both fully vaxed with Moderna. Yay!!!

Yay!!! My BIL got vaccinated for similar reasoning...he actually wasn't even worried that much about making others sick as he still isn't convinced it is that bad, but he didn't want his older father to worry about it, so he got vaccinated. Whatever it takes!

• Thanks 1