Menu

Australians, are you okay? 6.0 earthquake near Melbourne

TravelingChris

I saw that last night when I checked my phone before going to bed. The first thing I thought of was our Australian Hive members. It does appear there were no serious injuries or major structural damage. I'm not seeing much about it even on Australian new sites so that makes me feel better; that it wasn't a damaging earthquake.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

I'm a long way away up in Queensland.

Last I heard, there were no injuries. Hopefully this is still the case.

But I imagine this has rattled those in the area. Literally and figuratively.

We're all pretty used to bushfires, droughts, floods and cyclones, but earthquakes? That's so unusual.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember! .but the first thing I thought about when DD rang to tell me they'd just had an earthquake, was the Newcastle quake. Sadly, people died in that quake. Very glad to see this wasn't a repeat. 

DD is in a 14 day isolation, so I did have to tell her that earthquake beats plague, and if she needs to leave the house due to quake, Dan will forgive 🙂

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Melissa Louise said:

I don't know if you are old enough to remember! .but the first thing I thought about when DD rang to tell me they'd just had an earthquake, was the Newcastle quake. Sadly, people died in that quake. Very glad to see this wasn't a repeat. 

DD is in a 14 day isolation, so I did have to tell her that earthquake beats plague, and if she needs to leave the house due to quake, Dan will forgive 🙂

My first thought too was Newcastle. I'm 48, and I remember the Newcastle quake. 

Are your daughter and her partner keeping well? I hope neither have tested positive. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chocolate-chip chooky said:

My first thought too was Newcastle. I'm 48, and I remember the Newcastle quake. 

Are your daughter and her partner keeping well? I hope neither have tested positive. 

Not so far, and they are both well. I think it's 9 days post exposure now, so only a few more days of iso to go. Thanks!

• Like 3