Menu

I think I'm getting worse 😭

busymama7

1 hour ago, EKS said:

I'm assuming that you don't mean to be offensive with this abbreviation, but...

The actual abbreviation for "monoclonal antibody" is mAb.

Forgive my ignorance, but is that an offensive something else? When I searched it, it only led me to a bodybuilder on Youtube and to medical publications using it as an abbreviation for monoclonal antibodies.

• Like 2

You can get the meat you'll need for the elimination diet from D'Artagonon. The 4th meat day could be lamb, squab, or rabbit.

https://www.dartagnan.com

They often have free shipping if you buy certain amounts. You can also, depending on your state, find some of these things locally. Texas had a lot of things available in regular and ethnic groceries. In some states, local farms or butcher stores had them available. You can also find weird fruits and veggies at local ethnic grocery stores. 

10 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Here's an interview Bruce Patterson gave on the logic behind the long hauler testing they're doing and how they arrive at treatments. 8 minutes in he mentions post-vaccine symptoms mirroring long hauler covid. 

^^^Bruce Patterson is a con-man. He owns the lab where he sends people to get very expensive tests and then gives out quack cures like Ivermectin.

No corner of the internet is safe from this garbage, even here (unfortunately).

Bill

16 minutes ago, Spy Car said:

^^^Bruce Patterson is a con-man. He owns the lab where he sends people to get very expensive tests and then gives out quack cures like Ivermectin.

No corner of the internet is safe from this garbage, even here (unfortunately).

Bill

But thankfully you are on the job, debunking everything just by sheer power of your ego.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

At 28 minutes in the video he mentions tinnitus, which definitely ramped up on me with the vax, and is saying one of the meds they're using (Maraviroc, a CCR5 antagonist) pulls it down. So then I'm googling ibuprofen (which noticeably pulls down the tinnitus the vaccine ramped up) and I'm seeing ibuprofen affects COX2 (which I've vaguely heard of?) and that COX2 is somehow related to CCR5. 

I don't know, the guy doesn't seem to be spouting gibberish to me. The stuff he's describing is what has happened to me with the vax and the mechanism he's describing makes sense. And given that what I'm doing so far is taking a stinking long time to pull it down (3 weeks, still present though decreased), I'm pretty open to explanations, especially considering I assume vax2 (which I'm delaying a long time) will be much, much worse. 

4 minutes ago, madteaparty said:

But thankfully you are on the job, debunking everything just by sheer power of your ego.

LOL. Not by ego, but by reason.

Patterson does not practice evidence-based medicine. Instead he directs desperate and gullible people to his website and profits on their misery. Ultra-expensive test (from a lab he owns) followed by quack "cures" that have no proof of efficacy.

Shame on you.

Bill

2 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

At 28 minutes in the video he mentions tinnitus, which definitely ramped up on me with the vax, and is saying one of the meds they're using (Maraviroc, a CCR5 antagonist) pulls it down. So then I'm googling ibuprofen (which noticeably pulls down the tinnitus the vaccine ramped up) and I'm seeing ibuprofen affects COX2 (which I've vaguely heard of?) and that COX2 is somehow related to CCR5. 

I don't know, the guy doesn't seem to be spouting gibberish to me. The stuff he's describing is what has happened to me with the vax and the mechanism he's describing makes sense. And given that what I'm doing so far is taking a stinking long time to pull it down (3 weeks, still present though decreased), I'm pretty open to explanations, especially considering I assume vax2 (which I'm delaying a long time) will be much, much worse. 

He makes a lot of claims. It is snake oil. He has no empirical evidence to back his money-making scheme.

Bill

5 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8273732/

Someone really should have enlightened Frontiers in Immunology and the peers who reviewed his research before they published it. There's a duck in their midst and they don't know it.

Disclaimer: All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.

So this is interesting. 23andme runs the CCR5 gene because one of the alleles (Delta32) was predictive of response to HIV. This doc Patterson had been researching HIV and CCR5, which is why that was his angle looking at covid. But it means you could, just for your own trivia, look through your 23andme raw data to see your status. It's i3003626 (not an RS number but "i" at the beginning). So I guess theoretically having a defect on this would make the CCR5 less effective, decreasing your risk of HIV and long covid. Unfortunately, I don't have that defect and promethease codes the normal version as being red, undesirable, sigh. 

1 minute ago, PeterPan said:

So this is interesting. 23andme runs the CCR5 gene because one of the alleles (Delta32) was predictive of response to HIV. This doc Patterson had been researching HIV and CCR5, which is why that was his angle looking at covid. But it means you could, just for your own trivia, look through your 23andme raw data to see your status. It's i3003626 (not an RS number but "i" at the beginning). So I guess theoretically having a defect on this would make the CCR5 less effective, decreasing your risk of HIV and long covid. Unfortunately, I don't have that defect and promethease codes the normal version as being red, undesirable, sigh. 

Patterson has been profiting off a CCR5 inhibitor called leronimab since he started scamming people with HIV.

The company that makes leronimab, Cytodyn, is a shady as hell and is currently under investigation by the FDA and Justice Department.

Cytodyn is also being sued by investors for fraud.

As of today, Patterson looks like he is part of team that is taking over Cytodyn as part of a proxy war.

None of his "cures" are backed by evidence.

Bill

1 minute ago, Pawz4me said:

Thanks for explaining. I never would have figured it out.

That and I actually worked for ten years at a company that developed the first mAb for cancer treatment.  So I know that mAbs aren't just cranked out like Big Macs.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ktgrok said:

You definitely should be contacting someone who diagnoses and treats fibromyalgia. I mean, you sound classic for it, and you have relatives with it, and illness can trigger it. So...it may be fibromyalgia, not Covid specifically, that you are dealing with. 

I was thinking along these lines as well. ((HUGS)) as you search for answers.

• Thanks 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mln6anLOJTY&t=1355s  That same guy who interviewed Patterson interviews https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mln6anLOJTY&t=1355s  It's not a doc but a PT (I think?) who mentions HBOT about 18 minutes in. I know people think I'm fangirl on this (fine), but he suggests a mechanism (hypoxia) for the inflammation, which is something Patterson was going at with his mention of the exercise fatigue. And just for kicks, when you google hypoxia and cytokines, apparently it is a thing. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7460668/  

In other words, it's not crazy to suggest oxygen would reduce inflammation. And if one can't make HBOT happen, the no cost option would be simply to *sit outside*. And this is in fact something I did quite a bit (at the advice/requirement of the nutritionist) when I was very sick. Sometimes I would sleep in a tent (not so safe if a storm comes in, whew!) and sometimes I just sat outside. 

So that would be something no cost and minimal energy to try, literally just sitting outside. Don't get dehydrated or overheated obviously. Some sun is good, but after that look for shade or cooler places. When my dd was young and I was still recovering, we also did school outside a lot. I would set up a tent or sit on a lawn chair or a blanket. Costs nothing and maybe it would help. 

Copper is necessary to process the oxygen by the mitochondria. If your copper tends to run high (and zinc low) then more oxygen could help pull that down. If your copper tends to run low or you feel more fatigued even with sitting outside, then you could try an *extremely low dose* of copper or food sources of copper (molasses, liver, mushrooms, leafy greens, etc.). 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PeterPan said:

It's not gibberish, and he's not a quack. I've spent some time, because of what they said, reading some of the journal articles on monocytes and exertion: it's fascinating stuff and pre-dates covid. But that's just one of several mechanisms they propose.  More is in print on the website than in the one or two videos that were linked. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

It's not gibberish, and he's not a quack. I've spent some time, because of what they said, reading some of the journal articles on monocytes and exertion: it's fascinating stuff and pre-dates covid. But that's just one of several mechanisms they propose.  More is in print on the website than in the one or two videos that were linked. 

See I was making so many connections watching the videos that I didn't really make it to looking through their website. I've only just been learning about copper and the mitochondrial complexes. It's amazing to look back at the things I was doing, some of which helped, some of which had bumps we couldn't explain. Like I said I would sit out, but what I didn't mention is that I would get TIRED from sitting out. Like doing nothing, just sitting on a blanket! And all the nutritionist could say is "well it's fatiguing to process oxygen." And in a way that's true and in a way it's crap because it was actually a quantifiable problem. I'm pretty sure I have issues with mitochondrial dysfunction and you can test it with mitoswab testing and complex 4 uses copper to process oxygen. I've become very attentive to my copper intake doing HBOT because it seems to make a difference.

So I'm saying we're always learning and piecing together. And I've been down this road long enough that I don't need some random (well intentioned) male (I'm gender biased) to tell me what to think or tell me what is quackery nor does anyone else here. I was dealing with this 20+ years ago, when the internet was sparse and we were all still dialing up, mercy. People were DRINKING URINE, for pity's sake, trying to find answers. (and yeah, even that has logic and no I didn't do it) I think we can sort things out and piece together what makes sense to us and what adds up enough of the pieces of our experience that we think we can give it a go.

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

More is in print on the website than in the one or two videos that were linked. 

Have you found what the price is of the testing? It looks like they want you to fill out contact forms and be contacted. I just wanted to file it away in my brain in case I don't clear the 2nd shot well. I had had the assumption that time would make a difference (no longer confident of this) or that inflaming my concussions was the cause (probably not a complete explanation). And I still have the 2nd shot hanging out there whenever I decide to take it. If I have a way worse ride, I need to have my options thought through. 

Have you found what the price is of the testing? It looks like they want you to fill out contact forms and be contacted. I just wanted to file it away in my brain in case I don't clear the 2nd shot well. I had had the assumption that time would make a difference (no longer confident of this) or that inflaming my concussions was the cause (probably not a complete explanation). And I still have the 2nd shot hanging out there whenever I decide to take it. If I have a way worse ride, I need to have my options thought through. 

Don't fall for Patterson's scam.

He's been scamming cancer patients, then people with HIV, then fibromyalgia, ME/CFS, and now Long Covid.

He is running a hoax. None of his "cure" are backed by evidence. Really. Don't get taken.

Bill

I don't know.  It's not the kind of thing that I thought to ask of either of the two people I knew, and I wouldn't have asked the one I labeled an acquaintance.  I haven't needed their services myself, so I haven't checked out the cost. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Halftime Hope said:

It's not the kind of thing that I thought to ask of either of the two people I knew,

Well if you actually know them well enough to ask and can find out, do report back. 🙂 I'm gonna make a stab and guess $1400. It has to be bad or they'd put it upfront. And it looks like they're pairing it with some kind of consultation, getting a scrip through a doctor they're working with, whatever.

My understanding is that Stage One of the grift is $500 a piece.

$350 to the Patterson owned lab and another $150 for a quick "consultation" (aka sales pitch) where the real money is generated (once they have you hooked) paying for fake "cures."

They will bilk people for all they can get. This is a scam. Don't fall for it.

Bill