Menu

Book a Week 2021 - BW37: Book Lust by Nancy Pearl

Robin M

Since the majority of our readers live in areas several hours ahead of me and I’m late to bed, late to rise on Sunday, I will post Saturday night before I go to bed.  

To me, reading is as necessary as breathing. Without my books, I get very cranky.  I love the stories that make you sigh as well as the ones that make you hold your breath and forget to let it out.  The ones that grab you and pull you into the world of the characters, the ones that make you want to dive into the world of the book and not let go. The ones that make you think, and the ones that make you laugh out loud or cry.

The ones that make you wish you had the imagination to write, along with the ones that make you want to throw them across the room for various reasons. The ones that stay with you long after you've finished the book.  And the ones that make you want to revisit them over and over again.

If you can't tell by now, I have a case of book lust which brings me to Nancy Pearl, the author of Book Lust and so much more. 

It was just announced that The National Book Foundation will be presenting to Nancy Pearl the 2021 Literarian Award for Outstanding Service to the American Literary Community on Nov 17, 2021. 

Book LustMore Book Lust, and Book Lust to Go are so much fun to peruse, but I have to admit to getting lost in rabbit trails while looking up books which of course had lead to a startling long wishlist and an ever growing TBR stack.  Pearl even has a Book Lust Journal in which to record your thoughts on stories. Check out Pearl's Podcasts, her interview on How Reading Informs the Person That You Are, and the Millions interview about her first fictional novel George and Lizzie and Getting Out of Her Own Skin.

Share which book or books have you added to your stacks lately? 

Count of Monte Cristo

Chapter 85. The Journey
Chapter 86. The Trial
Chapter 87. The Challenge

Link to week 36

Visit  52 Books in 52 Weeks where you can find all the information on the annual, mini and perpetual challenges, as well as share your book reviews with other readers around the globe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I’m still ensconced in Darynda Jones world of Charley Davidson and currently on book #11 Eleventh in the Grave.  Once I’m through with the wild and wacky world of the grim reaper, angels and demons, ghosts, mystery and murder, J.D. Robb’s latest in her Eve Dallas series Forgotten in Death is waiting in the wings.  

Books I've added to my virtual stacks are Heather Grahams second book in her Krewe of Hunters series Heart of Evil and the 2nd book in S.K, Dunstall's Stars Uncharted series Stars Beyond and book lust lead me to getting 10 urban fantasies as well as military romances from the freebie list Karen posted the other day. 

• Like 5

@mumto2I finally updated my Literary Librarian spelling challenge.  I am not going to do the bolding because I haven’t updated for three months so just know a word in either the title or authors names starts with that lines letter.

June - Cheshire Cat

C.......A Wicked Conceit by Ann Lee Huber

H.......What the Devil Knows by CS Harris

E.......Mr. ChurchillS Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal

S.......The Survivors by Jane Harper

H.......Scoundral of My Heart by Lorraine Heath

I.........After I’m Gone by Laura Lippman

R........The Unkindmess of Ravens by ME Hilliard

E.........How to Break an Undead Heart by Hailey Edwards

C........The Lost Gallows by John Dickson Carr

A........A Peculiar Combination by Ashley Weaver

T.........In a Book Club Far Away by Tif Marcelo

July - Israel Armstrong

I..........The Invisible Husband of Frick Island by Colleen Oakley

S.........Someone to Cherish by Mary Balogh

R.........The Best Man to Die by Ruth Rendell

A.........The Witness for the Dead by Katherine Addison

E..........Princess Elizabeth’s Spy by Susan Elia MacNeal

L..........The Duke Undone by JoAnna Lowell

A.........The Third Circle by Amanda Quick

R.........Reserved for Murder by Victoria Gilbert

M........The Music of the Bees by Eileen Garvin

S.........Slow Horses by Mick Herron

T..........Tales from the Folly by Ben Aaronovitch 

R..........The Girl Who Died by Ragnar Jonasson

O.........The Other Side of the Coin by Angela Kelly

N.........The Danger in Numbers by Heather Graham

G.........The Bride by Julie Garwood

August - Lindsey Norris

L.........Little Black Book by Kate Carlisle

I..........Plainly Murder by Isabella Allan

N.........Northern Lights by Nora Roberts

D.........The Man Who Died Laughing by Clara McKenna

S.........Northern Spy by Flynn Berry

E.........Mardi Gras Murder by Ellen Byron

Y.........You Will Remember Me by Harrah Mary McKinnon

N.........Nearly Departed in Deadwood by Ann Charles

O.........The Marco Effect by Jussi Adler Olsen

R.........A Midsummer Night’s Romance by Various

R.........Remind Me by Samantha Chase

I..........If the Duke Demands by Anna Harrington

S.........Love for Beginners by Jill Shalvis

You are absolutely amazing with the spelling challenge. Glad you are having fun with it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Robin M said:

To me, reading is as necessary as breathing. Without my books, I get very cranky.  I love the stories that make you sigh as well as the ones that make you hold your breath and forget to let it out.  The ones that grab you and pull you into the world of the characters, the ones that make you want to dive into the world of the book and not let go. The ones that make you think, and the ones that make you laugh out loud or cry.

Robin, thank you for the thread, as always. I love your post. You described exactly how I feel about books also. I've also enjoyed a few Nancy Pearl books - "Book Lust to Go", etc. 

I read Big Little Lies - 5 Stars

and

I Am, I Am, I Am: Seventeen Brushes with Death - 5 Stars

9780399167065.jpg   9781472240767.jpg

• Like 6

Good morning~

This month I'm doing Non-Fic Sept (will change that to Non-Fic November next year for alliteration's sake). I've read/listened to two books this month. Both were easy, enjoyable reads. I have three more in queue and need to settle back down and read. I have been thoroughly distracted by the US Open and watching rising tennis stars.

Read: 

So Here's the Thing by Alyssa Mastromonaco

Works Well With Others by Ross McCammon

On the list for this month:

Soldiers of Peace by Paul Chappell

In Praise of Paths by Torbjorn Ekelund

The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down by Haemin Sunim

• Like 6

Hello all! Thank you for the wedding well-wishes 😊 One week to go and it's all coming together (fingers crossed) and my mantra is "it will all be fine."

I finished Miss Benson's Beetle and very much enjoyed it. Glad I listened to it as I think that added to the overall story. 

I also finished Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik - loved it! It took the Rumplestiltskin tale and turned it around in some very clever ways. I plan on reading more from this author.

Also - I know several of us read and love this series -Amazon and Left Bank Pictures begin production on the Three Pines series !!! I am hoping they do a good job with it and I normally like the actor who is set to play Gamache but in this instance I'm not so sure. I pictured Gamache a bit younger - especially considering there are so many books in the series. What do you all think?

• Like 5

Some bookish posts ~

Jo Walton’s Reading List: August 2021

https://www.tor.com/2021/09/10/jo-waltons-reading-list-august-2021/#comment-922940

From the Word Wenches: August What We're Reading

https://wordwenches.typepad.com/word_wenches/2021/08/august-what-were-reading.html#comment-6a00d8341c84c753ef02788044be4b200d

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 4

I seem to have fallen down a cozy mystery rabbit hole lately.  I found a knitting cozy series on audio last week when I need a book book five minutes ago and am officially hooked.  The main character’s sidekick is a ghost that only she can see and hear.  Too bad this isn’t October because I would be all set!  https://www.goodreads.com/series/95531-haunted-yarn-shop-mystery

I have read a couple of enjoyable new releases also.  Anna Lee Huber’s latest Verity Kent is awesome.  I am always impressed by her historical and cultural accuracy.  This one is set mainly in the Yorkshire Moors❤️https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/56218049-murder-most-fair  Dianne Freeman’s latest Countess of Harleigh started slow but ended up being enjoyable. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55841948-a-fianc-e-s-guide-to-first-wives-and-murder

Obviously I am still listening to the wool shop mysteries and as I am trying to finish a baby quilt before the baby arrives my listening is the majority of my reading right now.  I kept putting the quilt off hoping to learn the babies gender and still have no clue.  I am using the slightly feminine fabric that I really love and hope the parents still like it if they have a boy! 

I am close to finishing The Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrrels which is sort of a fantasy with cozy elementshttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55502861-the-wisteria-society-of-lady-scoundrels I checked Goodreads for the reviews after I was halfway through and contemplating abandoning this one and people either 5* it or 1* or 2* it.  I will probably give it a 3*.😂. The sequel releases soon and I do not plan to read it.  

eta......I gave it a 1* 😂. Not my type of book at all!

Edited by mumto2
  • Like 4

I don't think I have book lust as much as I just love re-reading books over and over.  Then again I have been comfort reading big time this year -- I know I posted some months ago about a close family member with pancreatic cancer -- then my Dad ending up passing away the end of July (relative with cancer is thankfully doing better than expected at this point but was touch and go at the same time).  I was BINGE reading Murderbot series when we went out for the memorial -- it was funny because Murderbot talks a lot about how it wants to watch it's serials when it gets stressed out, and here I was reading Murderbot because I was stressed out 😆 Also re-read the entire Ilona Andrews Innkeeper series, plus a bunch of other random comfort reads (and general re-reads too -- that I knew would be fine).  Thank goodness for books!

As far as new things I have read:

I have started trying to go through some things I downloaded from Amazon for free -- and unfortunately cannot recommend any of them: Ink Witch, Lindsey Sparks;  London Stranger, Joyce Alec;   House trilogy, Jenny Schwartz (this is actually 1 book but sold as 3 books)

I did read a few T.Kingfisher's over the last months that I enjoyed:   Paladin's Grace, Paladin's Strength, Swordheart, Clockwork Boys + Wonder Engine -- the only negative thing I would say is probably not a good plan to read them all close together as I did.  Swordheart and Paladin's Strength were my favorites.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, LaughingCat said:

...my Dad ending up passing away the end of July...

My sympathies on the death of your father.

6 minutes ago, LaughingCat said:

I was BINGE reading Murderbot series when we went out for the memorial -- it was funny because Murderbot talks a lot about how it wants to watch it's serials when it gets stressed out, and here I was reading Murderbot because I was stressed out 😆

I can appreciate that!

6 minutes ago, LaughingCat said:

I have started trying to go through some things I downloaded from Amazon for free -- and unfortunately cannot recommend any of them...

Two free Kindle books I've enjoyed ~

Stray (Touchstone Book 1) by Andrea K. Höst ... This is the first of three linked books.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 5

Thanks Kareni and mumto2.   

I have read the whole Captain Lacey series (Ashley Gardner )  -- after started it from previous recomendation on these threads  😄 

-- I'll look into the Stray book though

ETA: Apparently I already downloaded this one too, just hadn't gotten to it yet LOL 

Edited by LaughingCat
  • Like 4

Some more bookish posts ~

These are all from the blog of author Jenny Crusie:

This is a Good Book Thursday, August 26, 2021

https://arghink.com/2021/08/this-is-a-good-book-thursday-august-26-2021/

This is a Good Book Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020

https://arghink.com/2020/12/this-is-a-good-book-thursday-dec-24-2020/

The first one on the blog from 2017: This is a Good Book Thursday 4-6-17

https://arghink.com/2017/04/good-book-thursday-2/

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I've been off on a tangent reading Lexi Blake's Thieves and Hunter series, which are paranormal with lots of adult content. 😉  My TBR books are piling up, I swear the chunky rule should be 400 pages, so many of the books I've been reading are just under 500 pages, like there is an author rule about that. 🙂

Next on my TBR piles:

True Dead by Faith Hunter (I usually listen to the audible, and then go back and read the ebook.)

Forgotten in Dead by J.D. Robb

Hell Divers VIII: King of the Wastes by Nicholas Sansbury Smith (I love R.C. Bray narrations.)

The Fatal Series by Marie Force is currently on kindle unlimited. I also like those written by Catherine Bybee's books on unlimited.

@LaughingCatmy condolences.

Edited by melmichigan
  • Like 5

@LaughingCat  I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Lots of virtual hugs winging your way. 

@Negin I didn't know Big Little Lies was a book. I'd only heard about the netflix series which I haven't seen.  Like you I much prefer books over the video versions.  I'll have to check it out.

@Granny_Weatherwax Yes, I know you mean about getting distracted by other things, especially the Open. Haven't watch it, but have gotten distracted with Netflix shows. 

On 9/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, Kareni said:

My library has one of the Nancy Pearl action figures!

Oh my gosh, that's so cute. Didn't know an action figure existed. 

• Like 4

On 9/12/2021 at 6:58 PM, mumto2 said:

I seem to have fallen down a cozy mystery rabbit hole lately.  I found a knitting cozy series on audio last week when I need a book book five minutes ago and am officially hooked.  The main character’s sidekick is a ghost that only she can see and hear.  Too bad this isn’t October because I would be all set!  https://www.goodreads.com/series/95531-haunted-yarn-shop-mystery

Have you read the Haunted Bookshop Mysteries by Alice Kimberly aka Cleo Coyle? They are entertaining as well. 

4 hours ago, melmichigan said:

I've been off on a tangent reading Lexi Blake's Thieves and Hunter series, which are paranormal with lots of adult content. 😉  My TBR books are piling up, I swear the chunky rule should be 400 pages, so many of the books I've been reading are just under 500 pages, like there is an author rule about that. 🙂

Oh, those look interesting. I've been off on a tangent myself with Darynda Jones Charley Davidson series.   

Just finished the last book in the series with Summoned to Thirteenth Grave which was a tiny bit disappointing as there seemed to be a lack of continuity with the rest of the books which were very very good. Good enough to binge read the past couple weeks.  Oh well.   

Forgotten in Death has been waiting in the wings and will start reading it tonight, plus waiting for Faith Hunter's True Dead to arrive tomorrow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robin M said:

Have you read the Haunted Bookshop Mysteries by Alice Kimberly aka Cleo Coyle? They are entertaining as well. 

I read the first two last year and somehow moved away from the series.  I just put the third on hold so thank you for the reminder!

• Like 2

My local book group is meeting tomorrow evening, and I've just finished The Starless Sea: A Novel by Erin Morgenstern.

This is an interconnecting collection of stories; some take place in our world, others in a place with pirates, keys, a moon who visits the land, books (and more BOOKS), bees, cats, swords, doors of all kinds, and time loops. It's written in the present tense and the focal character is Zachary who finds an old book in which one of the stories is of his own childhood discovery of a door (a door he did not open but which had disappeared on his return a day later). This isn't a romance, but a romance develops between Zachary and Dorian. This is a very well regarded book and I have admiration for how the author constructed it; however, it did not speak to me. Perhaps I prefer a more linear approach!

"Zachary Ezra Rawlins is a graduate student in Vermont when he discovers a mysterious book hidden in the stacks. As he turns the pages, entranced by tales of lovelorn prisoners, key collectors, and nameless acolytes, he reads something strange: a story from his own childhood. Bewildered by this inexplicable book and desperate to make sense of how his own life came to be recorded, Zachary uncovers a series of clues—a bee, a key, and a sword—that lead him to a masquerade party in New York, to a secret club, and through a doorway to an ancient library hidden far below the surface of the earth. What Zachary finds in this curious place is more than just a buried home for books and their guardians—it is a place of lost cities and seas, lovers who pass notes under doors and across time, and of stories whispered by the dead. Zachary learns of those who have sacrificed much to protect this realm, relinquishing their sight and their tongues to preserve this archive, and also of those who are intent on its destruction. Together with Mirabel, a fierce, pink-haired protector of the place, and Dorian, a handsome, barefoot man with shifting alliances, Zachary travels the twisting tunnels, darkened stairwells, crowded ballrooms, and sweetly soaked shores of this magical world, discovering his purpose—in both the mysterious book and in his own life."

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 5

So good to read about your Dd’s weddings, @Mothersweets (hoping the pending one goes well for all , for you especially).

My heartfelt condolences over your recent loss @LaughingCat (and, to be dealing with your loved one’s pancreatic cancer also.   May they continue in their “doing better” trajectory ).

Because I love, and collect,  picture books I’m mentioning Mornings with Monet ~ Barb Rosenstock , illustrations by Mary GrandPré  (5 out of 5).  The text is engaging and interesting: the artwork is exquisite and makes this picture book a keeper, for me.

I’m mostly relistening to familiar authors, Ngaio Marsh mysteries, and, Dorothy Gilman’s books.    

Other audiobooks completed recently :

Simon the Fiddler ~ Paulette Jiles, narrated by Grover Gardner (4 ) (11h 39m) I found Simon’s story, and character, interesting and though there was more profanity than I’d usually endure in an audiobook the writing style is reminiscent of News of the World, just lovely in places;  and, I wanted to listen to the end to see what became of Simon and his sweetheart, an indentured governess for Ireland, Doris Mary Aherne.       Extra:  Other than one character who is noted as having a ‘potty’ mouth, yet is not given airtime in the story to spout his “filth” the cursing is in context and is not excessive.  Cursing and religious profanity. Two F-bombs and one ‘n’ word.   One bawdy, barroom song.  Doris’ employer stalks her.  Some sensual/attraction tension  - the bedroom door stays shut throughout the entire book.

The Keeper of  Lost Things ~ Ruth Hogan, narrated by Jane Collingwood  and Sandra Duncan (2 ) (8h 35m)   The "Lost Things" are mostly all connected to lost lives, lost hopes, lost loves, lost innocence.  Pretty much, think of every hard, sad, broken, hurtful thing that can happen to people in life, and it’s in this book.  The story is well written, and narrated, yet I found some of the content rather gritty:  telling something, nearly, euphemistically doesn’t make it easy to digest (we are (were) in hard lockdown here) so I’m not gifting this book ‘enjoyment/appreciation’ stars. 

Not a book I’d recommend; however, if you enjoy Rachel Joyce’s The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry you’d probably really enjoy this book, though there is more sexually riske/fetish mentions in The Keeper of Lost Things.       Extra:  f-bombs and profanity.

Edited by tuesdayschild
  • Like 6

On 9/12/2021 at 11:40 PM, LaughingCat said:

know I posted some months ago about a close family member with pancreatic cancer -- then my Dad ending up passing away the end of July (relative with cancer is thankfully doing better than expected at this point but was touch and go at the same time). 

Please accept my deepest sympathies. 

• Like 4

On 9/12/2021 at 12:00 PM, Mothersweets said:

Also - I know several of us read and love this series -Amazon and Left Bank Pictures begin production on the Three Pines series !!! I am hoping they do a good job with it and I normally like the actor who is set to play Gamache but in this instance I'm not so sure. I pictured Gamache a bit younger - especially considering there are so many books in the series. What do you all think?

When I first read about it I didn't think he'd be right but for a weird reason. I imagine Gamache with a deep voice and Molina's voice just didn't fit the voice in my head. Then when I saw the promo photo of him as Gamache I started to change my mind. I think he looks "right". We'll see. I'm looking forward to the series.

• Like 4

I've read a number of books since I last posted. (All of these have adult content.)

I read Further Arrangements (Arranging Paradise Book 2) by L. Rowyn which was an enjoyable follow up to book 1, A Rational Arrangement. It was a collection of three novellas.

I mentioned last week that I was participating in a challenge on another site. This week's challenge was to read a book that I've owned for more than a year.

Lindira by Ann Somerville (TBR since 2014)
This short (59 pages) fantasy featured three characters who have been cursed by a god -- a blind mermaid trapped in human form plus a man and his lover (another god) both in part animal form. I finished it, but this story did not appeal to me. 

Dog Days (Wolf Winter Book 1) by TA Moore (TBR since 2018)
This story is set in our world where the weather has gone crazy; it's September and snowing in the UK.The two leads are a wolf/man (not a werewolf though those also figure in the book) and a wolfhound/man. The first, Jack, has just been exiled from his pack by his father, the leader, in favor of his twin brother. Jack is happy to encounter Harry, the second lead, who left the pack years ago for life in the human world. This was a dark story with a fair bit of gore. I didn't care for Jack though, in his defense, he never claimed to be anything but a wolf. This is the first book of a trilogy so, while not a cliffhanger, the story is unfinished. I don't plan to read on. 

When Skies Have Fallen by Debbie McGowan (TBR since 2015)
Arty (British) and Jim (American) meet in 1944 while serving in their respective militaries; the book follows their love story over the next twenty years in the UK, a time when homosexuality was a punishable offense. I'd describe this book as mellow though dark things do occur. The couple have supportive friends and siblings, and they feature strongly in the story. 

Christmas Homecoming by L. A. Witt (TBR since 2019)
This novella opens in 1939 when childhood friends Roger and Jack kiss as Jack is about to leave their Iowa hometown. The story picks up in late 1945 when the men reunite after their respective wartime service; both have matured and suffered. This was a pleasant story. 

Slow Heat by Leta Blake (TBR since 2018)
This novel is set in a world without women; men are alphas, omegas, or betas. Alphas and omegas are strongly driven by biology; omegas experience heats and can become pregnant. Frequently, the alpha becomes the wage earner and the omega the homemaker. Alphas and omegas have status; betas do not and can't have children but otherwise seem to have more mainstream lives. Childbirth is risky, and abortion is illegal. Alphas and omegas either find their match (érosgápe) as new adults or they might make a contract arrangement. Jason (teen alpha) and Vale (35 year old omega college professor who has long given up the idea of finding his match) are érosgápe, an unusual situation. The story was fine but not my cup of tea. 

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 3

Didn't there used to be a way to use single spacing? I want to keep the whole list for later reference, but this is getting really long.

64. "Beowulf" A Graphic Novel Adaptation by Gareth Hinds. I'll have DD16 read it. It looks really pretty, but I had a hard time following the plot, and I already know the story of Beowulf, so we'll have to try a non graphic novel after she reads this.

63. "The Manga Guide to the Universe" by Kenji Ishikawa and Kiyoshi Kawabata. I checked out several of these for DD16, who learns best by stories and is dyslexic on top of her 2E diagnosis (ASD and gifted). I try to read what my kids are reading, since written output is challenging for them, so we rely on "big juicy conversations" to judge learning.

62. "Funny, You Don't Look Autistic: A Comedian's Guide to Life on the Spectrum" by Michael McCreary.

61. "The American Dream? A Journey on Route 66" by Shing Yin Khor. Also subtitled "a Graphic Memoir," which it was. A memoir done in graphic novel format. Route 66 is on my bucket list, so I'm trying to sell my kids on the idea.

60. "Utah State Parks" by Jan Bannan. A little out of date, so a couple of our favorite parks have changed status, but I have some new trip ideas.

59. "With All Due Respect" by Nikki R. Haley.
58. "One Vote Away" by Ted Cruz.
57. "Weekend Makeover" by Don Aslett. 
56. "Saints, Vol. 2. (LDS)
55. "Written Out of History" by Mike Lee.
54. "A Time for Truth" by Ted Cruz.
53. "Scorch Trials" by James Dashner. Audible. 
52. "Quidditch Through the Ages" by J.K. Rowling. Audible. 
51. "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" by J.K. Rowling/Newt Scamander. Audible. 
50. "An Excellent Mystery" by Ellis Peters. Audible.
49. "Tales of Beadle the Bard" by J.K. Rowling. Audible.
48. "Maze Runner" by James Dashner. Audible.
47. "Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle. Audible.
46. "The Rational Bible: Exodus - God, Slavery, and Freedom" by Dennis Prager. 
45. "A Better Heart: The Impact of Christ's Pure Love" by Tom Christofferson. (LDS)
44. "That We May Be One: A Gay Mormon's Perspective on Faith & Family" by Tom Christofferson. (LDS)
43. "Surviving Columbine" by Liz Carlston.  (LDS)
42. "The Right Side of History" by Ben Shapiro.
41. "Guerilla Learning" by Grace Llewellyn and Amy Silver.
40. "Don't Burn This Book" by Dave Rubin.
39. "The Madness of Crowds" by Douglas Murray.
38. "The Case of the Gypsy Good-bye" by Nancy Springer.
37. The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline" by Nancy Springer.
36. "The Case of the Peculiar Pink Fan" by Nancy Springer.
35. "The Case of the Bizarre Bouquet" by Nancy Springer.
34. "The Case of the Left-Handed Lady" by Nancy Springer.
33. "Stuff Matters" by Mark Miodownik. Audible Book.
32. "Temple Grandin: How the Girl Who Loved Cows Embraced Autism and Changed the World" by Sy Montgomery. Audible Book.
31. "Uniquely Human: A Different Way of Seeing Autism" by Barry M Prizant. Audible Book.
30. "A Long Walk to Water" by Linda Sue Park. 
29. "The Kidnapped Prince: The Life of Olaudah Equiano" by Olaudah Equiano, adapted by Ann Cameron. 
28. "Journey to Jo'Burg" by Beverley Naidoo. 
27. "United States of Socialism" by Dinesh D'Souza.
26. "For the Love of Europe" by Rick Steves. 
25. "Animal Farm" by George Orwell. Audible book.
24. "The Case of the Missing Marquess" by Nancy Springer. 
23. "Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen" by J.K Rowling. Audible book. 
22. "Blackout" by Candace Owens.
21. "An Excellent Mystery" by Ellis Peters. Audible book.
20. "The Pilgrim of Hate" by Ellis Peters. Audible book.
19. "Dead Man's Ransom" by Ellis Peters. Audible book.
18. "4:50 from Paddington" by Agatha Christie. Audible book.
17. "Man in the Brown Suit" by Agatha Christie. Audible book. 
16. "The Mysterious Mr. Quin" by Agatha Christie. Audible book. 
15. "I Will Repay" by Baroness Orczy. Audible book. 
14. "Dead Man's Ranson" by Ellis Peters. Audible book.
13. "The Scarlet Pimpernel" by Baroness Orczy. Audible book.
12. "The Devil's Novice" by Ellis Peters. Audible book.
11. "The Sanctuary Sparrow" by Ellis Peters. Audible book.
10. "The Virgin in the Ice" by Ellis Peters. Audible book. 
9. "Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs?" by Caitlin Doughty. 
8. "Law and Disorder: The Legendary Profiler's Relentless Pursuit of Justice" by John Doublas and Mark Olshaker. Audible book. 
7. "The Leper of St. Giles" by Ellis Peters. Audible book.
6. "The Cases That Haunt Us" by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker. Audible book. 
5. "From Here to Eternity: Travelling the World to Find the Good Death" by Caitlin Doughty. 
4. "Not a Day Care: The Devastating Consequences of Abandoning Truth" by Dr. Everett Piper. Audible book. 
3. "The Innocence of Father Brown" by G.K. Chesterton. Audible book.
2. "St. Peter's Fair" by Ellis Peters. Audible book.
1. "The Mysterious Mr. Quin: A Harley Quin Collection" by Agatha Christie. Audible book.

Edited by Maus
  • Like 3