Menu

California Governor Candidate Covid Positions

goldenecho

Hey all.   I don't want to debate covid positions here, but just wanted to share a resource I compiled related to California Recall election  governor candidate's positions on anything related to Covid, vaccination, masking, lock-downs, etc.   There's a few people I'm missing because I couldn't find their positions on that, but most of the candidates are there.

(UPDATED:   I know this isn't the only issue people will be voting on, but I did think it was useful to look at this one issue in comparison.   This was originally something I made for some groups related to covid specifically, so other political issues weren't allowed, and I don't have time to do this for every issue, for every candidate, anyways.   )

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gUsiqSjjOYC90SlK6umQo7i6tdrOZm_qwTE4J89otjE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by goldenecho
adding clarification
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ailaena said:

No clue why I even read that, but now I’m sad.  Not just from what it said but from thinking about how many people ARE one-issue voters and how politics is infuriating.  

I'm not a one issue voter, but this one is pretty important to me this year. 

48 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Talk about deciding on just one issue. . .   

I'm not deciding on one issue, but this one is pretty important.   Once I weed it down to people who can responsibly deal with covid (and I do think there's more than one way to responsibly deal with covid),  I'm looking at other issues.   This was originally compiled for some groups related to covid response in our state so I focused on this one issue because other political issues weren't something I could share about there.   Since I'd already done that work I thought I'd share it some other places too.

Edited by goldenecho

Eh, I think there are tons of posts on the Chat Board every day about various governors and their approaches to covid, pro and con, discussions about the current and previous administrations' approaches and actions regarding covid, etc. And there's currently a long thread on a particular state law that just went into effect in Texas. At any given time a large percentage of the topics on the first page here will be about covid in some capacity, so having a thread about where certain candidates stand on the issue doesn't especially bother me.

And I have to admit that I really got a kick out of seeing Angelyne's name at the top of the list of candidates. I haven't lived in LA since the mid-90s, but I'm glad to see she is still alive and well and as desperate for attention as ever, lol.

ETA: (To be clear, I think the candidates in that list are all idiots (except Angelyne!) and I think it's pathetic that the recall is wasting millions of taxpayer dollars over the fact that selfish people won't wear a piece of cloth. But the thread itself doesn't bother me.)

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Practically speaking, the moderators don't catch things unless it gets heated and/or someone flags it.  But yeah, you can't get much more openly political than this. . .

Even if the moderators don't catch it, our host has asked us not to engage in political posts on this forum. We can be good guests and honor her request. 

• Like 2