Menu

Stinky feet! Has anybody found an effective "cure"?

fraidycat

One of my family members has some rank feet after a day in shoes. We have found that the Dr. Scholl's extra strength shoe liners do help, but those aren't great (too thick) for summer slip-ons, or Converse type runners, so I'm on the hunt for the cure. A quick google search yields tons of possibilities from regular soaks to powders to essential oils or combinations of the above.

Has anyone here at the Hive found the miracle cure?

Help, please! 🤢🤢

Have they been evaluated for athletes foot? Even if they treat thier feet, they need to treat their shoes and other things like slippers, bedding and fuzzy floor mats (ie bathroom, bedroom etc).

21 minutes ago, kbutton said:

My grandmother swears by alfalfa tablets for stinky feet. I haven't tried them/needed them. The only time I had stinky feet, I had a mild case of athlete's foot, and cream fixed that.

I was about to say that the likely culprit is athletes foot or similar. Stink is from bacteria or fungus, not natural body odor. I'd be using an antifungal spray, and figure out how to disinfect the shoes. 

I'd also give this stuff a try - natural deodorant that works to prevent odor caused by bacteria. https://lumedeodorant.com/blogs/blog/home-remedy-stop-smelly-feet

3 hours ago, Lawana said:

Have the obvious culprits been ruled out? Washing with soap and friction? Alcohol to kill more bacteria?

Washed regularly. Have not tried alcohol.

3 hours ago, kbutton said:

My grandmother swears by alfalfa tablets for stinky feet. I haven't tried them/needed them. The only time I had stinky feet, I had a mild case of athlete's foot, and cream fixed that.

Will check into athlete's foot. And alfalfa - interesting. They don't complain of itch, so it never crossed my mind that it might be that.

3 hours ago, Tap said:

Have they been evaluated for athletes foot? Even if they treat thier feet, they need to treat their shoes and other things like slippers, bedding and fuzzy floor mats (ie bathroom, bedroom etc).

Will try treating everywhere their feet touch.

3 hours ago, ktgrok said:

I was about to say that the likely culprit is athletes foot or similar. Stink is from bacteria or fungus, not natural body odor. I'd be using an antifungal spray, and figure out how to disinfect the shoes. 

I'd also give this stuff a try - natural deodorant that works to prevent odor caused by bacteria. https://lumedeodorant.com/blogs/blog/home-remedy-stop-smelly-feet

Will be checking into shoe disinfectants and deodorant. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Rosie_0801 said:

Do they drink enough water? It's often a symptom of dehydration.

Probably not.

Try black tea foot bath. 

I assume you are making sure to wear different shoes every other day to avoid the issue of shoes not completely drying out. 

Loafer socks, bamboo charcoal bags for the shoes to absorb odor. Foor spray/deodorizers. 

9 hours ago, ktgrok said:

I was going to recommend Lume, as well. They have some pretty compelling testimonials.