Menu

anyone have this vaccine reaction (moderna)

JustEm

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

How are you doing?

most of the range of motion is back but I'm still in a lot of pain. Not constant but by the end of the day it is pretty bad.  Today I over did it helping my brother move and now my neck hurts again but I imagine after icing and rest for a day it'll be back to just shoulder pain. Thanks for asking.

• Sad 5

1 minute ago, hjffkj said:

most of the range of motion is back but I'm still in a lot of pain. Not constant but by the end of the day it is pretty bad.  Today I over did it helping my brother move and now my neck hurts again but I imagine after icing and rest for a day it'll be back to just shoulder pain. Thanks for asking.

Please keep us updated. I hope you feel better soon. 

And you should take it easy!! 

9 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Please keep us updated. I hope you feel better soon. 

And you should take it easy!! 

I know, I took all week off last week and have been trying to take it easy this week but it is so hard.  

• Sad 3

@hjffkj, I'm sorry you are struggling!

I regret to say that my arm is worse again and I'm calling the doctor in the AM.

So weird. It seems like there should be nothing there to hit with a needle except muscle and nerves, YWIM? I don't understand why it still hurts so much, almost six weeks out. And, I know this seems dumb, but there is so much anti-vax sentiment in my area that I feel like I don't want to tell people. (I would if someone asked me if I had side effects! Just don't want to volunteer it....) 😬

Edited by MercyA
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

I regret to say that my arm is worse again and I'm calling the doctor in the AM.

So weird. It seems like there should be nothing there to hit with a needle except muscle and nerves, YWIM? I don't understand why it still hurts so much, almost six weeks out. And, I know this seems dumb, but there is so much anti-vax sentiment in my area that I feel like I don't want to tell people. (I would if someone asked me if I had side effects! Just don't want to volunteer it....) 😬

I missed that you had this happen! So sorry! Does it seem like they gave it too high and may have hit the joint?

4 minutes ago, KSera said:

I missed that you had this happen! So sorry! Does it seem like they gave it too high and may have hit the joint?

No, it's well below where the joint is, I think. Someone mentioned that there can be problems if the bursa is accidentally hit, but I don't think that's it. It's pretty much in the middle of my upper arm. 

Really hope my dr. is working tomorrow (today! it's after midnight).

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

Thanks. I'm really trying to stay positive and just tell myself that this will not be a long-term issue. The pain will clear and my life will go back to normal. But in order to get there I have to treat my body right and let it rest. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling too. I hope you can get to the doctor tomorrow and they can get you on the path to healing properly. That is unfortunate that you can't freely share your struggles because of the anti- vax sentiment in your area.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MercyA said:

I get that. I feel some pressure not to fess up to how long my reaction lasted.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MercyA said:

I'll see what the doctor says today. Appt. at 3:30.

Okay. So, the doctor said he could feel inflammation in the arm. He thinks it could just be my immune response causing it. He wants me to take anti-inflammatories round-the-clock for three days, have DH massage it (woo-hoo!), and use capsaicin cream. He said they have seen a few cases of long-term soreness.

However--he also gave me an order to have an x-ray done. He thinks there is a possibility there is a broken off tip of needle in there. 😬 He said many of the people giving the shots are not that experienced, and the needles are very fine, so if there is a fault in the metal, it can break off. Yikes. He wanted me to go today, but I'm going to wait until taking the anti-inflammatories for three days and see how it is. It's been six weeks, anyway, and I'd rather not shell out the $$$ if it's just tendonitis.

Edited by MercyA
  • Sad 7

11 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Okay. So, the doctor said he could feel inflammation in the arm. He thinks it could just be my immune response causing it. He wants me to take anti-inflammatories round-the-clock for three days, have DH massage it (woo-hoo!), and use capsaicin cream. He said they have seen a few cases of long-term soreness.

However--he also gave me an order to have an x-ray done. He thinks there is a possibility there is a broken off tip of needle in there. 😬 He said many of the people giving the shots are not that experienced, and the needles are very fine, so if there is a fault in the metal, it can break off. Yikes. He wanted me to go today, but I'm going to wait until taking the anti-inflammatories for three days and see how it is. It's been six weeks, anyway, and I'd rather not shell out the $$$ if it's just tendonitis.

Yikes! The antiinflammatories sounds good, but with it being so long, taking a look sounds good as well. I guess there's no reason not to wait a few days. Like, in a way a broken needle tip would almost be good news because that's a fixable thing. On the other hand, I don't expect it would be a fix you would relish having done. Hopefully the antiinflammatories do the trick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MercyA said:

So not a reaction to the microchip being activated 🤪

• Haha 4

Hope you all are doing okay! Please update. 

@MercyA wishing you the best there at the hospital 

one relative of mine has what is being called “frozen shoulder” — I think it is after Moderna. (Might have been Pfizer.  Definitely one of the USA two dose types.)  (oddly I have also heard second or third hand reports of shoulder pain going away after a jab)

Edited by Pen
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ktgrok said:

So, did they find the alien implant, @MercyA?

Of course they wouldn't *tell* me if they found it. Big Pharma controls all the hospitals. Also Bill Gates. 😉 

So, technically the x-ray tech isn't supposed to give me the results, but she told me she didn't see anything obvious. She said she thinks if there were a needle tip in there, she would have seen it.

So weird. I mean, I'm relieved there's no needle that has to be taken out, but now what? Curious if my dr. will be able to tell anything else. DH says he can feel a lump or bump under the skin. Maybe just an infection?

Thank you all so much for your support! 

@hjffkj, how are you feeling? Any better?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Of course they wouldn't *tell* me if they found it. Big Pharma controls all the hospitals. Also Bill Gates. 😉 

So, technically the x-ray tech isn't supposed to give me the results, but she told me she didn't see anything obvious. She said she thinks if there were a needle tip in there, she would have seen it.

So weird. I mean, I'm relieved there's no needle that has to be taken out, but now what? Curious if my dr. will be able to tell anything else. DH says he can feel a lump or bump under the skin. Maybe just an infection?

I hope the dr can figure out what is going on with you.  I'm slowly healing. Still pain but mostly stiffness. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MercyA said:

Did anti inflammatories help at all? 

Im glad for you there’s probably no needle. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MercyA said:

You are sweet, Pen. They did help while I was taking them, but when I stopped, the pain came right back. 

I wonder if that’s a possible lead though to whatever it is being in inflammatory category even if help was temporary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Not_a_Number said:

This sounds so unpleasant 😞 . I'm really sorry you're going through this! I hope it gets sorted out soon. 

Thank you! It's not that bad, really. Mostly an annoyance. Much better than COVID (and much, much better than passing on COVID to someone else!) Also totally worth to be able to be out and about.

It's the uncertainty of it that bugs me. I'm sure my doctor will get it sorted. He's excellent.

It's funny being in such a small town...my mom is going to the same doctor tomorrow, and she said she's going to ask him if he received my x-ray results yet, LOL. 

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 3

News from my doctor via the mom pipeline: he told her that although he hasn't seen my x-ray yet, he suspects they hit a tendon rather than muscle when giving the injection. He said tendons don't like to be "touched" and they especially don't like to have liquid injected into them. He said they often can take a long time to heal. So, that's probably all it is.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, MercyA said:

News from my doctor via the mom pipeline: he told her that although he hasn't seen my x-ray yet, he suspects they hit a tendon rather than muscle when giving the injection. He said tendons don't like to be "touched" and they especially don't like to have liquid injected into them. He said they often can take a long time to heal. So, that's probably all it is.

I’m glad you at least have a probable answer. Hopefully it won’t take too much longer. (Im also amazed at the difference in doctors—I have trouble even scheduling appointments for my kids over 18 without it requiring said kid to sign release forms first. I understand, but it’s a total pain!) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MercyA said:

Oh, that makes total sense!!!! Tendons are not as forgiving, that is for sure! 

• Like 1

Mercy, I am so sorry! Really hoping it gets better soon.

Tendons are very screamy soft tissues. Ugh.

I did not have anything like you have had, but I had prolonged covid arm because I was nice and allowed a nursing student to practice on me (2nd shot), and he was super nervous and botched it. His instructor was too busy chatting with other people to pay attention and guide him through the process. His nerves were pretty awful which caused me to get tense right before he did it. Tensed muscle and bad shot technique added up to nearly three weeks of arm/shoulder pain. But not as bad as anything you have suffered.

Fingers crossed that the tendon gets over itself soon! They are like the llamas of the tissue world. "No touchy! Not touchy!"

• Like 1