Menu

Josh Duggar was arrested today

Katy

On 5/9/2021 at 8:02 PM, BlsdMama said:

Not so unusual - my grandmother was remarkably feminist for her generation. After birthing eleven children, she returned to college when the baby was four. However, my grandfather, who really was one to pitch in around home, never had a clue which was the washer and which was the dryer!

My other grandparents kept pretty even on things.  My granddad took over cooking when he retired, but that was largely self defense.  If these two were still alive, they would be more than 130 years old, so it was really a different time.

Edited by Resilient

On 5/10/2021 at 8:11 AM, Faith-manor said:

Around here the ATI folks preach against their own getting any medical training, both male and female, so they can remain righteous and not encounter these situations. Then of course when the need arises, want their medics, doctors, nurses, physical therapists, you name it. So I think it is a lot like other ridiculous rather closed religious communities...let the heathen do the dirty work and we will take advantage of it, but darn it all, we are the more righteous folks because we don't let our young participate in those careers. Neener neener! I have seen that with the local fundie nutter church. They are 100% against this level of education or participation in the world for their own, but then use EMS, hospitals, you name it all the live long day hoping the unrighteous have studied long and hard to save their lives. The pastor of the one church won't let his eldest daughter study math or science beyond 9th grade so she can be the eternal stay at home daughter and tells everyone else not to let their sons and daughters go to college, but then his profoundly developmentally delayed 7 year old attends developmental preschool and has hours of therapy a day paid for by the evil gubmint and provided by people with master's degrees in their subject material while his wife births their babies at the hospital, and when one of their kids broke her leg - nasty compound fracture - called 911 and male medics tended her. So.....your basic gigantic hypocrisy.

ATI has changed this stance somewhat, at least for males.  They receive actual EMT training at ALERT, though what I’ve seen it was sort of abysmal. We have a number of ATI families still in my area and the boys tend to go off to ALERT and then come home and join the local fire departments.  And then they wind up in my EMT classes thinking they know everything because of ALERT.

Also, there is so. Much. Nakedness. In EMS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 women including me heated with wood for a couple of Vermont winters.  One kind of avoided it a lot, and another was often with her BF after work, so I ended up starting most of the fires.  I got really good at it, especially since the first winter we ended up having to use fairly green wood so it took at lot of fussing to get a good fire going.  

DH thinks that he should man up and make all of our campfires, but actually I am far better at it.  We clash just a tad over this.

I wish that those outdoors wood burners that enhance gas furnace efficiency were legal in CA but alas they are not.  So we have nothing but propane for heat in our cabin, since it’s also not situated well for solar.  This makes me very nervous.  I hate being that dependent on just one external option.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

ATI has changed this stance somewhat, at least for males.  They receive actual EMT training at ALERT, though what I’ve seen it was sort of abysmal. We have a number of ATI families still in my area and the boys tend to go off to ALERT and then come home and join the local fire departments.  And then they wind up in my EMT classes thinking they know everything because of ALERT.

Also, there is so. Much. Nakedness. In EMS. 

😂😂😂 Yes, so much naked!

I think what they get is rudimentary CPR, but not certification, and then some American Red Cross type first aid. I know they THINK they know everything because well, that is the ATI way. So much naivety.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

😂😂😂 Yes, so much naked!

I think what they get is rudimentary CPR, but not certification, and then some American Red Cross type first aid. I know they THINK they know everything because well, that is the ATI way. So much naivety.

In their phase 3, they can actually choose to take the Texas EMT class. However—my state doesn’t recognize or reciprocate the NREMT certification so they had to redo it in our state.  I don’t know how much was really poor education and how much was sheer annoyance by being taught by a female paramedic.  Apparently they can also take firefighting and diving credentials at ALERT too.

The arrogance and the way they treated females really annoyed me, and I usually nip it right in the bud.

https://alertacademy.com/alert/training/advanced-training/emergency-medicine/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

In their phase 3, they can actually choose to take the Texas EMT class. However—my state doesn’t recognize or reciprocate the NREMT certification so they had to redo it in our state.  I don’t know how much was really poor education and how much was sheer annoyance by being taught by a female paramedic.  Apparently they can also take firefighting and diving credentials at ALERT too.

The arrogance and the way they treated females really annoyed me, and I usually nip it right in the bud.

https://alertacademy.com/alert/training/advanced-training/emergency-medicine/

It is not reciprocal here either. I think both of our states have more robust paramedicine than some so EMT basic does more than others, and EMT advanced does a lot more. I could.be wrong in that, but even NJ allowed fewer procedures, fewer drugs, etc. than here.

That arrogance would just light me up if I had to deal with it!

On 5/10/2021 at 8:51 AM, maize said:

Humans are way better at emotion-based thinking than at rational thinking.

Rationally, in their theology, God made them naked. And even though Adam and Eve "messed up" things for humankind, God is still making people naked.

• 2 weeks later...

This whole situation makes me sick. I feel bad for Anna and her kids. I'm shocked Josh still has access to his kids even with her supervision. I hope she has the courage to leave him and he spends a very long time in prison.

• Like 1