Jump to content

Menu

Josh Duggar was arrested today


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As far as I'm concerned, without evidence showing otherwise that poor woman is a victim.  She has been brainwashed her whole life with an abusive belief system.  She likely has zero money of her own a

I will say I don't follow the Duggar family at all.  I have heard bits and pieces, mostly here. Not knowing the charges, but suspecting them, I will say I was in his wife's position 3 years ago. 

I agree, strongly with what you wrote here. Additionally, in terms of the massive amount of sympathy directed toward Anna in this thread, as someone who escaped out of a similar religious setting m

Yeah, I read that.  I want to know what.   I feel bad for his kids.  His wife just announced a few days ago they are having a girl for their 7th child.  I haven't kept track of this family in years.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And it appears that his wife, Anna, has stuck by him through it all, and is now expecting her 7th child with him. 

I guess that whole “child molester” thing didn’t matter all that much to her. 

Also — was that his current mug shot at the top of the article? He looks drunk.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mommyoffive said:

Yeah, I read that.  I want to know what.   I feel bad for his kids.  His wife just announced a few days ago they are having a girl for their 7th child.  I haven't kept track of this family in years.  

We were posting at the same time about his wife being pregnant again. I feel so sorry for his children, too! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

And it appears that his wife, Anna, has stuck by him through it all, and is now expecting her 7th child with him. 

I guess that whole “child molester” thing didn’t matter all that much to her. 

Also — was that his current mug shot at the top of the article? He looks drunk.

It is the current mug shot.  On another group, we are debating if he looks high or drunk.  
 

He is being held without bond.  Another site is reporting this is not just the only warrant as why he without bond.  I hate to think this but I wonder if the latest crime involves something they found on the computer when they raided the car lot and house.  It doesn’t just sound like just money laundering as what was thought when they did the raid. 

Edited by itsheresomewhere
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, itsheresomewhere said:

It is the current mug shot.  On another group, we are debating if he looks high or drunk.  
 

He is being held without bond.  Another site is reporting this is not just the only warrant as why he without bond.  I hate to think this but I wonder if the latest crime involves something they found on the computer.  

I was wondering that, as well.

Or might he have been at the Capitol on January 6th? (I would have thought someone would have rated him out long before now, but you never know!) 

I have to admit that I am more curious about this than I probably should be.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, itsheresomewhere said:

It is the current mug shot.  On another group, we are debating if he looks high or drunk.  
 

He is being held without bond.  Another site is reporting this is not just the only warrant as why he without bond.  I hate to think this but I wonder if the latest crime involves something they found on the computer.  

I hope it’s not child porn.  I mean, I’m fine with them tossing him in jail for a few decades, but I feel for the victims and his kids.

I think the mugshot looks like a combo of drunk/high and smug.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Catwoman said:

I was wondering that, as well.

Or might he have been at the Capitol on January 6th? (I would have thought someone would have rated him out long before now, but you never know!) 

I have to admit that I am more curious about this than I probably should be.

I don’t think he would have been allowed to be at the capitol as he is being “helped/led” by mom and dad.  I would think his dad would have been front and center with him if they were there. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

As far as I'm concerned, without evidence showing otherwise that poor woman is a victim.  She has been brainwashed her whole life with an abusive belief system.  She likely has zero money of her own and zero support outside of that harmful group.  Sticking with him isn't necessarily a sign it didn't matter.  It could easily be a sign that she is stuck, possibly with the threat of losing her children.

I agree. Her dad set her up for failure. I would hope one day she takes the help offered by her sibling to leave.  She could leave the warehouse they live in on his parents property and get a life without him.  

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

I agree. Her dad set her up for failure. I would hope one day she takes the help offered by her sibling to leave.  She could leave the warehouse they live in on his parents property and get a life without him.  

I would hope she does as well.  Maybe this arrest and the charges will be the thing that gets her out, who knows.  I would imagine in the situation she is in it feel impossible even with the offer of help. That help is coming from siblings who multiple are divorced, a broken engagement, one who had a child out of wedlock, and at least one estranged from the parents.  So, not the shining example of the grass is greener on the other side if that makes sense (not judging these siblings just viewing it from her perspective and the way she was raise.) If she accepts their help without the support of her family who is still in the religion she will lose more than just her marriage.  She will lose many siblings, her parents, and friends she's known her entire life.  Plus, the threat of losing the kids or even possibly leaving them alone with him is enough to make most women stay.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hjffkj said:

I would hope she does as well.  Maybe this arrest and the charges will be the thing that gets her out, who knows.  I would imagine in the situation she is in it feel impossible even with the offer of help. That help is coming from siblings who multiple are divorced, a broken engagement, one who had a child out of wedlock, and at least one estranged from the parents.  So, not the shining example of the grass is greener on the other side if that makes sense (not judging these siblings just viewing it from her perspective and the way she was raise.) If she accepts their help without the support of her family who is still in the religion she will lose more than just her marriage.  She will lose many siblings, her parents, and friends she's known her entire life.  Plus, the threat of losing the kids or even possibly leaving them alone with him is enough to make most women stay.

Assuming these are federal charges and felonies, is it really possible she could lose her children to this man or his family? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Between freejinger and Duggar TikTok I’m laughing so hard my cat is looking at me weird and I’m pretty sure I’ve busted a surgical stitch in my shoulder.

I suspect they’ve known it was coming and it’s related to the 2019 federal raid on his car lot.  I also suspect(which I posted on FJ) that Derick isn’t running to offer his brother in law free legal advice.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Holmesschooler said:

Assuming these are federal charges and felonies, is it really possible she could lose her children to this man or his family? 

That is why I'm saying hopefully this is the thing that gets her out.  But not knowing the extent of their hold on her who knows.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Holmesschooler said:

Assuming these are federal charges and felonies, is it really possible she could lose her children to this man or his family? 

His family.  They hold a lot over her head.  They provide the warehouse she lives in on the property and rumor is manage the money ( I would not be surprised at that).  I could see them being nasty about the kids if she left. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, itsheresomewhere said:

His family.  They hold a lot over her head.  They provide the warehouse she lives in on the property and rumor is manage the money ( I would not be surprised at that).  I could see them being nasty about the kids if she left. 

This is what I imagine, that the grandparents would take legal action to try to take the kids. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Between freejinger and Duggar TikTok I’m laughing so hard my cat is looking at me weird and I’m pretty sure I’ve busted a surgical stitch in my shoulder.

I suspect they’ve known it was coming and it’s related to the 2019 federal raid on his car lot.  I also suspect(which I posted on FJ) that Derick isn’t running to offer his brother in law free legal advice.

Since you are on FJ: I am attempting to catch up and haven’t paid much attention to the Duggar threads quite some time. Can you tell me if this has anything to do with why Jill and Derrick stopped going to TTH? This place is far slower than FJ so perhaps I can catch up on all the back story here. I am reams behind there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I would hope she does as well.  Maybe this arrest and the charges will be the thing that gets her out, who knows.  I would imagine in the situation she is in it feel impossible even with the offer of help. That help is coming from siblings who multiple are divorced, a broken engagement, one who had a child out of wedlock, and at least one estranged from the parents.  So, not the shining example of the grass is greener on the other side if that makes sense (not judging these siblings just viewing it from her perspective and the way she was raise.) If she accepts their help without the support of her family who is still in the religion she will lose more than just her marriage.  She will lose many siblings, her parents, and friends she's known her entire life.  Plus, the threat of losing the kids or even possibly leaving them alone with him is enough to make most women stay.

I don’t think her family has followed the cult and cut anyone out. I think they are genuinely doing their best to follow their faith and have always been so poor her parents were dazzled by the money. 
 

I also think he looks high. And edibles would be easier to sneak than alcohol in their church. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Katy said:

I don’t think her family has followed the cult and cut anyone out. I think they are genuinely doing their best to follow their faith and have always been so poor her parents were dazzled by the money. 
 

I also think he looks high. And edibles would be easier to sneak than alcohol in their church. 

that may be true. I do not know much about her family.  Although I do believe one of her brother's is estranged from his parents.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Holmesschooler said:

Since you are on FJ: I am attempting to catch up and haven’t paid much attention to the Duggar threads quite some time. Can you tell me if this has anything to do with why Jill and Derrick stopped going to TTH? This place is far slower than FJ so perhaps I can catch up on all the back story here. I am reams behind there. 

Jill and Derick hired a lawyer to get some of their money. It then came out that the older kids/adults had not been paid by TLC and JB was hoarding all the money.  They’ve also been candid about Jill being in therapy, the fact that they use birth control, their oldest son attends public school, and they drink alcohol occasionally. They’ve said that JB doesn’t want them at the house and that there is a huge rift between them, but haven’t said a lot of details.  JB and Michelle have radio silence on the whole thing.

Derick claims he’s writing a tell all book. That would probably solve all their money problems forever lol.

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

Derick claims he’s writing a tell all book. That would probably solve all their money problems forever lol.

Especially after today. 
 

I see Jinger and Jeremy have a forthcoming book as well that probably isn’t going to be released or do well now. Leave it to Josh to screw up even more for that poor girl. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Holmesschooler said:

Since you are on FJ: I am attempting to catch up and haven’t paid much attention to the Duggar threads quite some time. Can you tell me if this has anything to do with why Jill and Derrick stopped going to TTH? This place is far slower than FJ so perhaps I can catch up on all the back story here. I am reams behind there. 

Derrick got fed up when he found out the full extent of the abuse; then came a disastrous birth for their last baby and thousands in medical bills with no insurance. He wanted TLC to pay. Then he found out the show wasn’t a ministry at all, instead his father in law had a contract for everyone in Arkansas, Jeremy & Jinger had their own, and presumably Josh & Anna had their own when he was working in politics too. 

Derrick filed suit against the Duggar production company for Jill’s back wages and for their medical debt to be paid. The lawsuit was settled outside of court. Derrick & Jill quit working at the local Southern Baptist church. Derrick enrolled in a local law school.  They bought a house to be built in a new subdivision that has now been finished a few years. Jill hasn’t been allowed home without permission since. 

Derrick has had Jill going to therapy to work through her abusive past, boundaries, and while she hasn’t said the word narcissistic abuse she’s said some of the buzzwords enough to make it clear she’s probably seeing a real, licensed therapist. 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Katy said:

Derrick got fed up when he found out the full extent of the abuse; then came a disastrous birth for their last baby and thousands in medical bills with no insurance. He wanted TLC to pay. Then he found out the show wasn’t a ministry at all, instead his father in law had a contract for everyone in Arkansas, Jeremy & Jinger had their own, and presumably Josh & Anna had their own when he was working in politics too. 

Derrick filed suit against the Duggar production company for Jill’s back wages and for their medical debt to be paid. The lawsuit was settled outside of court. Derrick & Jill quit working at the local Southern Baptist church. Derrick enrolled in a local law school.  They bought a house to be built in a new subdivision that has now been finished a few years. Jill hasn’t been allowed home without permission since. 

Derrick has had Jill going to therapy to work through her abusive past, boundaries, and while she hasn’t said the word narcissistic abuse she’s said some of the buzzwords enough to make it clear she’s probably seeing a real, licensed therapist. 

Good for them.  I actually watched a lot of their courtship episodes when they first aired and I always thought that he would be the husband that gets their wife away from Jim Bob.  I stopped following them ages ago though so had no idea where everyone stood.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Katy said:

Derrick got fed up when he found out the full extent of the abuse; then came a disastrous birth for their last baby and thousands in medical bills with no insurance. He wanted TLC to pay. Then he found out the show wasn’t a ministry at all, instead his father in law had a contract for everyone in Arkansas, Jeremy & Jinger had their own, and presumably Josh & Anna had their own when he was working in politics too. 

Derrick filed suit against the Duggar production company for Jill’s back wages and for their medical debt to be paid. The lawsuit was settled outside of court. Derrick & Jill quit working at the local Southern Baptist church. Derrick enrolled in a local law school.  They bought a house to be built in a new subdivision that has now been finished a few years. Jill hasn’t been allowed home without permission since. 

Derrick has had Jill going to therapy to work through her abusive past, boundaries, and while she hasn’t said the word narcissistic abuse she’s said some of the buzzwords enough to make it clear she’s probably seeing a real, licensed therapist. 

Oh I had no idea of the baby or any else. That is so tragic. Was this their youngest or a loss of a child? 
 

I had drifted away from forums in general and only come back here a few months ago to see if it even still existed. It seems FJ is still quite healthy, so it will take me aeons to catch up. I appreciate the summaries. 
 

I have no idea why I am so interested in this or any of the other USA homeschool scandal, but since living here it is a guilty habit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hjffkj said:

As far as I'm concerned, without evidence showing otherwise that poor woman is a victim.  She has been brainwashed her whole life with an abusive belief system.  She likely has zero money of her own and zero support outside of that harmful group.  Sticking with him isn't necessarily a sign it didn't matter.  It could easily be a sign that she is stuck, possibly with the threat of losing her children.

I’m not so sure that Anna doesn’t have any options. 

She could probably make a quick phone call to the TLC people, and a few months from now, we would all be sitting around watching her new reality show, Anna’s Escape from Duggarland. 😉

Or maybe that’s just what I wish would happen!

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

Good for them.  I actually watched a lot of their courtship episodes when they first aired and I always thought that he would be the husband that gets their wife away from Jim Bob.  I stopped following them ages ago though so had no idea where everyone stood.

Except what’s with “Jill isn’t allowed...” and “he’s had her in therapy...”

 Is the wording on this correct? As an autonomous human, shouldn’t it be, “Jill chooses not to visit home alone,” and “the couple agreed Jill needs therapy to set healthy boundaries and advocated for herself in her life...”

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Holmesschooler said:

Oh I had no idea of the baby or any else. That is so tragic. Was this their youngest or a loss of a child? 
 

I had drifted away from forums in general and only come back here a few months ago to see if it even still existed. It seems FJ is still quite healthy, so it will take me aeons to catch up. I appreciate the summaries. 
 

I have no idea why I am so interested in this or any of the other USA homeschool scandal, but since living here it is a guilty habit. 

It was their youngest. 

1 minute ago, Catwoman said:

I’m not so sure that Anna doesn’t have any options. 

She could probably make a quick phone call to the TLC people, and a few months from now, we would all be sitting around watching her new reality show, Anna’s Escape from Duggarland.

Or she could write her own tell-all book, even with a ghost writer. She could probably get a two million dollar advance and if she managed it carefully not have to work. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Catwoman said:

I’m not so sure that Anna doesn’t have any options. 

She could probably make a quick phone call to the TLC people, and a few months from now, we would all be sitting around watching her new reality show, Anna’s Escape from Duggarland.

TLC seems to have a habit of finding the hottest of the “hot mess.”  Perhaps they would do well to sit this one out. Their pivot from 19 Kids to Counting On and keeping JB as proprietor on contracts as the other ladies disclosed here would show some moral ambiguity to put it nicely. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlsdMama said:

Except what’s with “Jill isn’t allowed...” and “he’s had her in therapy...”

 Is the wording on this correct? As an autonomous human, shouldn’t it be, “Jill chooses not to visit home alone,” and “the couple agreed Jill needs therapy to set healthy boundaries and advocated for herself in her life...”

It isn’t Derrick that doesn’t allow her home. Her own  parents have banned her. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Holmesschooler said:

TLC seems to have a habit of finding the hottest of the “hot mess.”  Perhaps they would do well to sit this one out. Their pivot from 19 Kids to Counting On and keeping JB as proprietor on contracts as the other ladies disclosed here would show some moral ambiguity to put it nicely. 

I don’t think you can really use the words “morals” and “TLC” in the same sentence. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Holmesschooler said:

Oh I had no idea of the baby or any else. That is so tragic. Was this their youngest or a loss of a child? 
 

I had drifted away from forums in general and only come back here a few months ago to see if it even still existed. It seems FJ is still quite healthy, so it will take me aeons to catch up. I appreciate the summaries. 
 

I have no idea why I am so interested in this or any of the other USA homeschool scandal, but since living here it is a guilty habit. 

They have two. The youngest, Sam, had a traumatic birth and a NICU stay. They’ve never given details, but Derick’s argument was that since TLC had profited off Sam’s birth then they should help with the overwhelming NICU bills.  Up until that point, it seems Derick and Jill had no knowledge that the Duggar family(JB) was actually being paid for their appearances on TLC. They’d been told it was a “ministry.”   When JB wasn’t handing the money over and it seems that Jeremy had negotiated a contract for him and Jinger, Derick got a lawyer. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I don’t think you can really use the words “morals” and “TLC” in the same sentence. 

Quite fair. 
 

Didn’t they have multiple other scandalous families? I did not watch these but am trying to recall. Jon and Kate. That poor beauty queen child with the calamitous mother. Weren’t there a few others? One would think at some point people would say “perhaps we should get back to science and whatnot and let’s leave the scandal rag behind?” But apparently that didn’t occur to anyone. 
 

I claim full confession to reading scandal rags occasionally, but short of 19KAC I have not taken in the others, so I can shrug off any contribution to their ratings.  😛

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle said:

They have two. The youngest, Sam, had a traumatic birth and a NICU stay. They’ve never given details, but Derick’s argument was that since TLC had profited off Sam’s birth then they should help with the overwhelming NICU bills.  Up until that point, it seems Derick and Jill had no knowledge that the Duggar family(JB) was actually being paid for their appearances on TLC. They’d been told it was a “ministry.”   When JB wasn’t handing the money over and it seems that Jeremy had negotiated a contract for him and Jinger, Derick got a lawyer. 

That is shocking that they didn’t realize the family was profiting off the show! There should be an !!!! reaction. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Catwoman said:

I’m not so sure that Anna doesn’t have any options. 

She could probably make a quick phone call to the TLC people, and a few months from now, we would all be sitting around watching her new reality show, Anna’s Escape from Duggarland. 😉

Or maybe that’s just what I wish would happen!

That is unrealistic sadly.  She likely doesn't even fully understand just how much of a victim she is.  It takes a strong person to get out from under an abusive person let alone a whole community of abuse.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say I don't follow the Duggar family at all.  I have heard bits and pieces, mostly here.

Not knowing the charges, but suspecting them, I will say I was in his wife's position 3 years ago.   My then husband was arrested on  federal offenses involving minors.   I had no idea.  Honestly.   I had defended him in a few other minor unrelated issues as honestly I had NO idea.    Once I knew, the prices fell into place.   My life and that of my kids was turned upside down.

I pray that the media and people in general leave her and the kids out of it.  I remember well the panic of finding my rural house surrounded by the media and trying to protect my kids.

Horrible, terrible things were said about me in social media.

As to getting out, I had it much easier, but I still had some from the church questioning my decision to get a divorce, leave him, etc.   And she will likely face the same.  He is sorry, you must forgive him and support him and ...........     The church can be terrible behind the scenes for these things.   

I did have others that were wonderfully supportive and we have since moved and moved on.   My ex is in federal prison for 90 years.

Is you want to read my story and gain some insights into what women in similar situations face, check out my blog

It is best to read it from oldest posts to newest to get the feel of processing these things.

  • Like 30
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 17
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

And it appears that his wife, Anna, has stuck by him through it all, and is now expecting her 7th child with him. 

I guess that whole “child molester” thing didn’t matter all that much to her. 

Also — was that his current mug shot at the top of the article? He looks drunk.

Please rethink this.   There is likely much more behind this than you know.   Likely the church or strong family members assured her it was in the past, forgiven, to be forgotten and move on.

I WAS her is many ways just 3 years ago.   I honestly had no idea what was occuring and when I found out did everything I could to bring justice and truth to the light.

Still, I had people that knew that didn't tell me the facts.  I had those that after the face questioned my decision to divorce.

Check out my blog for a taste of what life like this is like.....and I was not famous or controlled by powerful people using religion as power 

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly relating to something with his car dealership in 2019.   

I feel sorry for the kids to have their life upended. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Color me not shocked. 

I think that in order for Anna to feel she can leave with seven kids, she needs someone with money, resources, and the ability to stand up to the Duggars and help her get custody of the children to swoop in and help. She lives on the compound under scrutiny, and has no job skills, no education beyond "high school" with ATI allowed materials which is really only a very limited middle school education. If we think it is a daunting task with two or three kids, it has to feel utterly insurmountable to her with seven. When ATI materials are followed closely, girls are not give enough education to pass the GED. ATI does not allow women to have their names on property, bank accounts, etc. Husbands and fathers are encouraged to shred the identification documents of "wayward" spouses and daughters in order to keep them in line. So she is going to need some help, and somehow that has to happen even though she lives on JBob property.

I think for all of the Duggar children and grand children's sakes, if the feds could get something on JBob and throw him in the pen, it would be a huge help if they want to break free of the cult.

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh good grief, I hope he didn't beat up another stripper.  Fundie Fridays should be good this week, Without a Crystal Ball probably already has 3 videos posted about this, and the Dugger Snark subreddit must be on fire.  I got my Pandemic PhD in cults and the Duggers and their ilk came up a few times.  The Leaving Eden podcast did an episode on the Duggers where they did mention the whole Ashley Madison debacle, but that podcast is mostly about the Independent Fundamentalist Baptist cult.

If he goes to prison maybe Anna will have a birth control loophole.  Ugh, if they had arrested him just a little bit sooner she could have had a break between pregnancies.

Edited by KungFuPanda
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Catwoman said:

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

And you said that with such a straight face . . . . 😜

1 hour ago, itsheresomewhere said:

I agree. Her dad set her up for failure. I would hope one day she takes the help offered by her sibling to leave.  She could leave the warehouse they live in on his parents property and get a life without him.  

She would be better off to get away from the duggars - and if the charges are federal felonies, he won't be around no matter what.

1 hour ago, Seasider too said:

This is what I imagine, that the grandparents would take legal action to try to take the kids. 

jb and m certainly seem the type.  (and I hardly watched any of it, and that was 'before', but they just made me feel creepy all over.)

1 hour ago, Katy said:

Derrick got fed up when he found out the full extent of the abuse; then came a disastrous birth for their last baby and thousands in medical bills with no insurance. He wanted TLC to pay. Then he found out the show wasn’t a ministry at all, instead his father in law had a contract for everyone in Arkansas, Jeremy & Jinger had their own, and presumably Josh & Anna had their own when he was working in politics too. 

Derrick filed suit against the Duggar production company for Jill’s back wages and for their medical debt to be paid. The lawsuit was settled outside of court. Derrick & Jill quit working at the local Southern Baptist church. Derrick enrolled in a local law school.  They bought a house to be built in a new subdivision that has now been finished a few years. Jill hasn’t been allowed home without permission since. 

Derrick has had Jill going to therapy to work through her abusive past, boundaries, and while she hasn’t said the word narcissistic abuse she’s said some of the buzzwords enough to make it clear she’s probably seeing a real, licensed therapist. 

Good for Derrick, actually cares about his wife's well being.

53 minutes ago, BlsdMama said:

Except what’s with “Jill isn’t allowed...” and “he’s had her in therapy...”

 Is the wording on this correct? As an autonomous human, shouldn’t it be, “Jill chooses not to visit home alone,” and “the couple agreed Jill needs therapy to set healthy boundaries and advocated for herself in her life...”

my impression was JB won't allow her home (and any siblings following him, won't talk to her either for fear of him cutting them off.) 

Sadly, I've read stories from women who came from this type of religious abusive backgrounds, and their stories are horrific - and very sad. If they even suspected to think something "not allowed" - they're ostracized.  When they escape, they loose everything.  One in particular did manage to take her kids with her.  At least she had  people waiting and willing to help her get on her feet and learn to stand on her own feet.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

I will say I don't follow the Duggar family at all.  I have heard bits and pieces, mostly here.

Not knowing the charges, but suspecting them, I will say I was in his wife's position 3 years ago.   My then husband was arrested on  federal offenses involving minors.   I had no idea.  Honestly.   I had defended him in a few other minor unrelated issues as honestly I had NO idea.    Once I knew, the prices fell into place.   My life and that of my kids was turned upside down.

I pray that the media and people in general leave her and the kids out of it.  I remember well the panic of finding my rural house surrounded by the media and trying to protect my kids.

Horrible, terrible things were said about me in social media.

As to getting out, I had it much easier, but I still had some from the church questioning my decision to get a divorce, leave him, etc.   And she will likely face the same.  He is sorry, you must forgive him and support him and ...........     The church can be terrible behind the scenes for these things.   

I did have others that were wonderfully supportive and we have since moved and moved on.   My ex is in federal prison for 90 years.

Is you want to read my story and gain some insights into what women in similar situations face, check out my blog

It is best to read it from oldest posts to newest to get the feel of processing these things.

I thought of you as I started reading this thread. So glad you weighed in.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

I thought of you as I started reading this thread. So glad you weighed in.

Thanks.  It hits home.   Especially how people (not her) are sure to be attacking the wife, etc.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ottakee said:

Thanks.  It hits home.   Especially how people (not her) are sure to be attacking the wife, etc.

I’m hoping that she will use this opportunity to leave him and start a new life with her children. She could probably start a GoFundMe and raise enough money to have her legal expenses paid for within hours.

 I can’t help but worry that she might actually love that idiot, though. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...