Menu

Cool gift ideas from teen-son to his dad?

Alicia64

Perhaps you can find a patent art t-shirt or print related to his hobby or to IT?

I sympathize! My husband never wants anything and is super hard to buy for. Things he has liked:

A custom mug printed with a computer screen shot that is significant to him

A photo book of pictures of him doing activities with my DD. We did it in ABC order, "A is for Autumn, B is for Beach," etc.

A mischief bank (just weird fun; we all enjoy it)

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 3

When my kids were teens, they gave him a wooden sign that said, "Dad's Office, open for advice 24/7." 

Corny it might be, but he liked it and still has it hanging up on his desk years later. 

Edited to add: his other favorite gifts are probably coffee mugs with their photo on it. If ds is self-conscious about photos, maybe a dad/son one. 

Edited by katilac
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Kareni said:

In the category of unexpected wish list items, one year my husband had a scythe on his list. He was/is very happy with the one he has from the Marugg Company. He now owns two of their scythes.

Regards,

Kareni

The scythe sounds wonderful, but sadly he does zero yardwork.

Tee shirts and mugs are wonderful, but we've done them many times before.

He loves making pancakes for the boys on Sunday .  . . heading over to William Sonoma.

Wendy

Edited by Alicia64
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Kareni said:

In the category of unexpected wish list items, one year my husband had a scythe on his list. He was/is very happy with the one he has from the Marugg Company. He now owns two of their scythes.

Regards,

Kareni

Ah, DH owns so many axes!!! This one is a Gransfors Bruks ax, which must be very special since the whole world wants them and can’t get them!

Edited by Arctic Bunny
  • Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 1:32 PM, Alicia64 said:

My son says he can't think of anything and I'm not sure what to suggest.

Dh is hard to buy for. He's in IT and buys his own IT stuff. He has a super expensive hobby and also buys himself what he needs.

What are your kids giving their dad?

Thanks!

W.

I'm curious about the hobby.

Bill

• Like 1

Glasses or smart watch holder? We have one of those wooden faces for Dh to put his glasses on at night.

A gadget? Indoor air quality monitor? Weather station? Outdoor security cameras? kitchen tools? There’s a cute Star Wars waffle maker right now. 🙂 Coffee equipment? phone soap?

Is he a sneaker head? Or into allbirds? 

• Like 2