Menu

The Vaccine Thread

JennyD

10 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

I’m tired of having these announcements come from CEOs with clear financial conflicts of interest. 

I would feel better about a fourth shot if it was modified for current variants. If it continues to appear that omicron protects against past variants much better than past variants protect against omicron, an omicron-based booster seems a better idea. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, KSera said:

I’m tired of having these announcements come from CEOs with clear financial conflicts of interest. 

I would feel better about a fourth shot if it was modified for current variants. If it continues to appear that omicron protects against past variants much better than past variants protect against omicron, an omicron-based booster seems a better idea. 

By the time they roll it out, omicron will have peaked, and we will be on to something else. They need to look at the data and see if they can mathematically predict what type of variant would be next and do some research on how to fight it. This is ripping through so fast that as the saying goes, the horse has left the barn!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

By the time they roll it out, omicron will have peaked, and we will be on to something else. They need to look at the data and see if they can mathematically predict what type of variant would be next and do some research on how to fight it. This is ripping through so fast that as the saying goes, the horse has left the barn!

I agree with that. But based on current data, it looks like an omicron based shot could be better than an original strain based one. I saw an interesting study this past week showing which strain’s antibodies protected from which other strains, and it really looked like it may be time for a switch. 

9 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

No one predicted omicron though -- its not related to any of the more recent variants.

This article implies it goes back to mid-2020.

https://www.livescience.com/omicron-origin-theory-rodents 

Don’t know if anyone who is skeptical about the vaccine is following this thread, but thought something I experienced might be interesting for them concerning possible side effect follow up.

I got a Pfizer vaccine last December with the second dose the beginning of January. I registered and filled out all the V Safe questions, initially weekly and then less frequently when they contacted me with them. I just had the yearly follow up sent to me and I completed it and submitted it yesterday. One of the questions was “Have you seem a Dr or sought medical help since your last questionnaire.”

I had to see the Dr in August for a transient problem that completely resolved and did not seem in any way connected to the vaccine, especially since it had been over 7 months since my last dose. There is no way of clarifying that on the questionnaire, though, it’s just a yes or no question.

Anyway, I just received a phone call from the CDC following up on it and checking if there was any possible link with the vaccine. I hope that might be reassuring to some people, that they are actually checking up on things.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd bump this thread because I thought is where we were sharing booster side affects back in the day?  If we have a newer thread for this let me know.  I'm still interested!  My spouse and I both had dose 4 recently

DH

dose 1 - Pfizer - sore arm
dose 2 - Pfizer - sore arm
dose 3 - Prizer - sore arm, 1 day slightly tired, swollen lymph node in armpit
dose 4 - Moderna - BARELY a sore arm, really no problem, out biking day after

Me

dose 1 - Pfizer - sore arm
dose 2 - Pfizer - sore arm, sligthly tired day 2, swollen lymph node in armpit
dose 3 - Pfizer - sore arm, flu like symptoms from 10 hours post shot until about 30 hours (chills, fever, aches, malaise, etc).  Swollen lymph node in armpit.
dose 4 - Moderna - sore arm, flu like symptoms from 10 hours post shot until about 30 hours.  But I did go out and walk just fine for an hour the following day.  No lymph node action though!  

• Like 2