Menu

What do you do with wet mitts and snowpants?

Our front entry has a shoe rack and a small coat rack for the boys, but nothing really to hang wet items on. Our back door is a laundry room but we rarely use it. The other day I tried standing an acordian style drying rack over the laundry sink but it isn't the right size so it is very precariously perched.

What do you do with your wet mitts and snowpants to allow them to dry but not drip over everything?

When my kiddoes were small, they were instructed to go directly down to the utility room and removed their wet stuff there. I had a wooden clothes rack I left set up during the winter months and they were to put their wet stuff there to dry.

Could you place a drying rack over your utility tub?? There are some flat ones for drying sweaters that might work.

OUr neighbors put a tension rod across the whole bathroom (they are narrow rooms) and can hang up their clothes there.

Hang stuff in the bathroom - also string a cord in the bathroom or front hall with lotsa clothespins for mittens,etc. We cover the front hall with those dark mats anyway so stuff can drip away. it isn't pretty, but neither is winter with six sets of wet gear needing to dry out.

Am I the only one who makes sure they get directly to the dryer, boot liners and all?:confused:

I know they'll need them again sooner than later and they won't be dry if we hang them (and I, personally, remember the nasty feeling of cold, damp mittens!), so out of my sight and into the dryer for 20 min they go.

Am I the only one who makes sure they get directly to the dryer, boot liners and all?:confused:

I know they'll need them again sooner than later and they won't be dry if we hang them (and I, personally, remember the nasty feeling of cold, damp mittens!), so out of my sight and into the dryer for 20 min they go.

Me too!

If they don't go in the dryer, then tension rods in the bathtubs. They have tension rods that are small enough for a shower stall and also tension rods big enough for a regular sized bath.

I have tension rods in my shower stall and tub and they come in very handy! They're cheap--like under $10.

I don't put mine in the dryer because I would rather not bake the mud into them. Once it has completely frozen it might be okay, but there is a lot of mud mixed into these early snows.

Jennie

Oh I love those drying racks for mitts and the standing one too. I'm going in to the city today so now I know what to look for thanks!

We wear wool mitts and hats here so I can't put them in the dryer. I'll start doing that with jackets though.

Thanks for all of your ideas!

quote]

Unless they are going right back out, they go right into the dryer, then when dry shoved back into the closet.

I did see a neat plastic tray in which you place your snow boots in the house, I guess by the door, that has a lip to keep the melted snow from getting on the floor. I'm really, really tempted to get this so that I'm not so anal about moisture on my wood floors.

But I like to attack every situation with the quickest resolution. The dryer.