Menu

How can we avoid having a new cat?

BlsdMama

We have *another* new cat.  This is the second lost and bedraggled rescue kitten.  Judging from the color, it also came from the same farm, but who knows? She is half grown, suspected pregnant, beautiful... But we have fixed probably about 20 cats in the last six years, reduced our cats to three... and *really* didn't want this kitten. The last one we gave to a cousin as a house kitty.  The previous rescue is our nightmare cat.  But, how do you let a kitten starve either? You can't.

Anyone need a pretty little gray semi tabby, half long hair kitty?

I wish I had an answer for you, Kelly, but we always get attached to them and end up keeping them. 

I wish you knew of someone nearby who wanted a new cat. Can you call your local vets and ask them if they know of anyone? Our vet was always matching up unwanted pets with new owners. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlsdMama said:

We have *another* new cat.  This is the second lost and bedraggled rescue kitten.  Judging from the color, it also came from the same farm, but who knows? She is half grown, suspected pregnant, beautiful... But we have fixed probably about 20 cats in the last six years, reduced our cats to three... and *really* didn't want this kitten. The last one we gave to a cousin as a house kitty.  The previous rescue is our nightmare cat.  But, how do you let a kitten starve either? You can't.

Anyone need a pretty little gray semi tabby, half long hair kitty?

I'm glad that you turned into my mother so that I don't have to.  She has a cousin in the same town who is a vet and between the two of them they have had so many stray cats fixed.  In the end they had a system where mom would pay the vet tech and her cousin did the procedure for free.  She's down to ONE part-time outdoor cat . . . for now.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I'm glad that you turned into my mother so that I don't have to.  She has a cousin in the same town who is a vet and between the two of them they have had so many stray cats fixed.  In the end they had a system where mom would pay the vet tech and her cousin did the procedure for free.  She's down to ONE part-time outdoor cat . . . for now.

Can I just say that I love your mother and her cousin? What kind people!

• Like 3