Menu

A serious conspiracy theory question

medawyn

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Frances said:

So what do you make of all the factual information posted here about excess deaths? Have you taken the time to study and analyze it? Actually gone and looked at the CDC links provided? I hope so since you want us to believe some random person on the internet who has done “extensive research”, but you can’t even produce her graphs so we can look at them.

I am happy to share it, but I’m trying to figure a way to get it from my phone to my iPad without making it LESS readable.

Just now, StaceyinLA said:

I am happy to share it, but I’m trying to figure a way to get it from my phone to my iPad without making it LESS readable.

That wasn’t my question. Have you taken the time to study the information and links posted here and compared them to the information posted by your acquaintance? What is your conclusion?

15 minutes ago, Frances said:

That wasn’t my question. Have you taken the time to study the information and links posted here and compared them to the information posted by your acquaintance? What is your conclusion?

Well, she’s a good friend, not an acquaintance, and I am in the process of looking at some of what’s been posted here, as well as getting the graph she posted to share here, in between trying to cook and clean and take are of my family.

Edited by StaceyinLA
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, square_25 said:

But you can look at the actual CDC website. People have linked it. They update it all the time, and it sounds like her screenshot is from a few months ago. 

Here is it, and I don’t think it’s old, as the 2020 line stops around week 28 as far as I can tell. Like I said, it’s blurry, and I have not had time to try and find it on the CDC site. 

D64B628C-5472-4C95-AD69-1442A531ACA3.png

8 minutes ago, StaceyinLA said:

Here is it, and I don’t think it’s old, as the 2020 line stops around week 28 as far as I can tell. Like I said, it’s blurry, and I have not had time to try and find it on the CDC site. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-coronavirus-cdc-numbers/partly-false-claim-the-total-death-count-in-the-u-s-is-way-down-during-the-new-coronavirus-pandemic-idUSKBN21Y2IV

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, StaceyinLA said:

The reason people can't find that graph on the CDC website is because it's NOT from the CDC. The title says the graph is based on "Data from CDC." The way the graph is created seems specifically designed to minimize the excess deaths, because the 2020 line only looks "excessive" if deaths exceed every week of every year for the last 5 years. Here is the actual graph of excess deaths from the actual CDC website:

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 12.31.15 PM.png

Edited by Corraleno
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, StaceyinLA said:

Well, she’s a good friend, not an acquaintance, and I am in the process of looking at some of what’s been posted here, as well as getting the graph she posted to share here, in between trying to cook and clean and take are of my family.

I’m looking forward to your analysis.

30 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

The reason people can't find that graph on the CDC website is because it's NOT from the CDC. The title says the graph is based on "Data from CDC." The way the graph is created seems specifically designed to minimize the excess deaths, because the 2020 line only looks "excessive" if deaths exceed every week of every year for the last 5 years. Here is the actual graph of excess deaths from the actual CDC website:

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 12.31.15 PM.png

I will share this with my friend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StaceyinLA said:

It does appear that what was shared regarding the UK was true. Not sure what newspaper, but it looks to be a legit article.

430513DA-C227-4166-9BBE-80F01B7A16F6.png

Here’s a link at an actual complete article that more fully explains everything. It once again makes the point that excess deaths are the gold standard in measuring the impact of the virus.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/12/coronavirus-death-toll-in-england-revised-down-by-more-than-5000

And just to be clear, I don’t think anyone was questioning that numbers in England were adjusted. I actually read about it before it was ever mentioned here. But it doesn’t change the excess deaths in England.

What was being questioned was your belief that we are over counting deaths in the US and the statement that your friend’s graph showing this was from the CDC website.

Edited by Frances
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 3:28 PM, maize said:

What I don't get is why they think the rest of the world is making a big deal of the virus if the only reason it is a big deal here is because of our Presidential election? Do they think the entire world revolves around election cycles in the United States?!?

I’ve heard it claimed, sans evidence, that the rest of the world is back to normal and people with political agendas are just dragging out the hoopla here to make leaders look bad so that the opposition will be more likely to be elected. Then after the election it will cease to be a news item.

59 minutes ago, emba56 said:

I’ve heard it claimed, sans evidence, that the rest of the world is back to normal and people with political agendas are just dragging out the hoopla here to make leaders look bad so that the opposition will be more likely to be elected. Then after the election it will cease to be a news item.

Considering the political folks in charge in the White House, the U.S. Senate and a majority of state legislatures are one particular party, I'm thinking these other "people with political agendas" must have super duper special sauce powers to be able to "drag out the hoopla."

I can't decide if that's gaslighting or just plain stupid or both. Regardless, people who lack critical thinking skills, or just plain want to stay in their bias bubble, will happily guzzle that particular flavor or Kool Aid.

• Like 4