Menu

So distracted by images of our "old" life..

PerfectFifth

I'm admittedly watching a lot of tv and reading books. I'm on summer break and just trying to destress from our new life. But, every time I watch an old show or read a book, I get distracted by images of no social distancing, sharing food, large crowds, packed venues.....I can't concentrate on my bingeing!!!!! 

That's all...just an observation. 😜

Edited by PerfectFifth
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

The flashbacks on FaceBook were really hard for me. My hubby and I had such a nice anniversary trip last summer (25 years woohoo). Those pics keep showing up and it's painful to look at.  We had planned to take a trip with the kids this summer. They're getting older and I wanted one last family trip before they all get out of college.....sigh. 

I miss the old life too

Edited by PerfectFifth
hit enter to soon
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

So true,  I do this too when watching tv or all my neighbors.  I wonder how long that will last in my mind.

Me too! I am still thrown when I see a movie that shows the NY Twin Towers, so this feeling might not go away for me.

I have a couple of neighbors that I've had to STOP watching. It was driving me crazy!!! Now I just pour a glass of wine. 😇

Edited by PerfectFifth
  • Like 2

It is definitely a weird feeling. I just started watching the new season of Father Brown, which is labelled 2020 on Britbox. It definitely must have been filmed in 2019 as no one is social distancing. Makes me wonder what TV shows will look like in the future. 

I watched a live series from the UK called Spring Watch filmed and broadcast in May/June, and all the announcers were on their own with a cameraman filming their segments around their homes, where normally they'd be 4 announcers and all the production team together in one place in the UK. The only people sitting close together on-screen were a father-daughter team who were in lock-down together. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PerfectFifth said:

I'm admittedly watching a lot of tv and reading books. I'm on summer break and just trying to destress from our new life. But, every time I watch an old show or read a book, I get distracted by images of no social distancing, sharing food, large crowds, packed venues.....I can't concentrate on my bingeing!!!!! 

That's all...just an observation. 😜

That happens to me, too. Right before Christmas, when some channel on TV played all the Harry Potter movies over and over again, I DVR’d them. I often watch them for a half hour or so when I’m going to bed, but it’s so striking to me to watch the commercials of people having Christmas parties, hugging relatives, all the stuff that seems so wrong now. 

I even notice it while I’m listening to a novel on audiobook and people shake hands. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, StaceyinLA said:

Deleted. I swore I wasn’t gonna get involved in another thread having anything to do with Covid on these boards, so I’m just removing this. Sorry.

I understand. 🥰 This difficult time has been trying for everyone and it's taking a lot of determination for me to be positive and not jump in the mud. Have a wonderful day!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PerfectFifth said:

I understand. 🥰 This difficult time has been trying for everyone and it's taking a lot of determination for me to be positive and not jump in the mud. Have a wonderful day!

The mud.  Can I jump in the mud?  I am sick of all the isolation, weirdness, and suspicion of/between our fellow men.  (yes, yes...shallow, I know, as it all is simply for my and other's safety) 

If they begin incorporating masks and social distancing and virtue signaling and...and...and...into my little bouts of escapism, I will just permanently escape into my real, semi-isolated-anyway-due-to-stage-of-life life and be much happier for it.   I have had it.