Menu

my son-in-law loves me

gardenmom5

It makes me feel good.  Two weeks - they actually are excited to have me there that long.  Maybe by the end, my grandson will like having me there too.  (he's always been exceptionally leery of me - but loves his uncles.)   

I'm going in August, before dudeling's back in school (or whatever happens - the district is making noises about high school students being from home again.  big eye roll. we have another IEP meeting next week.).   

Then I'll go again in November when the new baby is born.

I was supposed to go down there for two weeks over Mother's day (so dd and I could spend it together), and help with the baby while dd was in Switzerland . . . . . we all know how that went.  (her friend got married anyway - and will have a big party later.  Which dd won't be able to go to.)

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, DoraBora said:

You must be an awesome MIL!  I would love some pointers because I may become one later this year.  

Be a good guest 🙂

My husband applied for my mom the B2 visa so she could come over and stay for six months at a time to help me when my kids were little. My mom’s B2 visa was valid for 10 years. 

Have fun. I took lots of photos of my mom with my kids when they were under 5. My husband was so thankful she could come and help me. It was a 9 + 7 hours flight over the Pacific Ocean for my mom.

• Like 2

2 weeks is the perfect length. It takes a few days for my granddaughter to warm back up to me. If it's been a while since I visited, it can take as long as a week so having that second week is absolutely perfect. You'll get tons of hugs and kisses, books brought to you to read, snuggles, and pulled along to a favorite game or toy. Honestly, there is nothing better than that second week. Congrats on the new grandbaby coming soon. My second is coming in August so I'm planning on an August trip too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephanier.1765 said:

2 weeks is the perfect length. It takes a few days for my granddaughter to warm back up to me. If it's been a while since I visited, it can take as long as a week so having that second week is absolutely perfect. You'll get tons of hugs and kisses, books brought to you to read, snuggles, and pulled along to a favorite game or toy. Honestly, there is nothing better than that second week. Congrats on the new grandbaby coming soon. My second is coming in August so I'm planning on an August trip too.

he likes stories - so that could be a good bonding activity.

he loves to be outside - he has a sand/water table he loves. 

• Like 1

Aw, that's great!  I always loved having my own parents visit.  They'd often stay with us for a couple weeks at a time when we lived out of the country.  It never felt too long.  When I was a child, my grandmother would come stay with us for two months and that was always the highlight of my year!!  I wish I could re-live those days sometimes.  I miss her.   You must know how to be a great and easy guest.  🙂 

• Like 1

I am so happy for you!  Being accepted, appreciated and wanted by people who love our kids, is such a wonderful feeling. 

I just came back from my daughter and her husband's home in another state. It really does mean the world to me that I get along with my son-in-law. When they were dating, my SIL and I had a rough patch. It makes the fact that we get along now that much sweeter. 

• Like 1