Menu

Day 10 - March 25 - Do what we can

Murphy101

Slept okay. Having some coffee and then it’s morning prayers and mass followed by some home schooling and chores. Goal is to finish striping beds and laundry from all the beds.  Then play a family game. And then decorate our windows with window markers. It’s supposed to get to upper 70s and low 80s the rest of the week! Oh how I’d be thrilled to go walking but I’m staying home. If it’s dry enough, we need to get some yard work done.

• Like 4

Exercise is done.

Will continue yesterday's list of activities: clean light covers, make cards, write thank you cards, order stamps. I did get the cobwebs down, cut out the rest of the masks I'm going to make, did a load of laundry, and took dd for a walk (mis-timed it--we got rained on).

New for today:
1) Sewing machine is due to arrive! Want to learn how it works, make at least one mask I'm donating and one mask for me.
2) Trash day--change litter box, collect trash and recycling around the house, get it all out to the curb.
3) Eat healthier than yesterday. I had no plan for lunch and just ended up snacking on a bunch of stuff. Today I have a plan.
4) Get in a walk with dd
5) Find out all the supermarket hours (they have different schedules for senior hours at different stores. I need to avoid those hours but still want to shop early). Finish grocery list. Shop either Thursday or Friday.

• Like 4

I have noticed that when I get up on time, pray and read my bible my day goes much better and my mindset is better. 

and if I exercise during the day I sleep better at night.

son is sick. No fever so probably (hopefully) just a sniffle and a cold. But reactive airway disease means he’ll be coughing a whole lot. 

• Like 6

Slept in until almost 10, which was wonderful. Now we're just lounging around while dh make waffles. School is slowly getting done. We'll do our Mo Willems lesson around 1, write for an hour after that, hope it stops raining so we can go on a walk. 

Some serious cleaning has to get done today and the kids aren't going to like it much but things have gotten a bit out of control. 

• Like 5

I talked to my parents this morning, so read aloud started late. The kids are finally, slowly starting school. I want to do a bit of cleaning in addition to helping them with some things. I think we'll have homemade pizza and play board games tonight. When Dh gets home, he and the kids can spar while I make the pizzas. And that will probably be our day.

• Like 5

Later start this morning: 

DH had to go into work today. I have a pickup order in at Walmart - he is set to pick up on his way home from work. We shall see what all I get. DD had a telephone call from physical therapist. She is doing well on her new meds, super-strength compression socks, and at-home exercises. So, we'll pick up after life resumes at the medical office. Youngest had a Lingo Bus class this morning; I had forgotten I never received my refund a few months back, and lo and behold, she still had classes, so she'll do those during lockdown.

Roofer is coming by later today to check on leaking skylight. I am stripping the rooms he will walk through so I can thoroughly decomtaminate the areas after he leaves. Most of it is done. I need to vacuum so I can mop later. Need to keep laundry going and clean kitchen after lunch.

Sandwiches for dinner tonight, so little prep. 

Will be doing heavy duty cleaning and some time on the exercise bike today.

No real relaxation goals today. Probably just play a computer game and watch some trash TV.

Edited by beckyjo
  • Like 3

I canceled school for today and am calling it a spring break day. I am playing Yo-Yo Ma and am working on sewing masks today. I made a dozen a few weeks ago (Youngest cannot cover her sneezes or coughs and we had a covid scare when several of dh’s coworkers were diagnosed.). We FINALLY got a bit more elastic in. I am hoping to get some more made for the menfolk in the family and for some elderly friends. I only have 8 yards of elastic so we will see how far that goes. I had been making them respirator style, which would make about 8-9 masks but I will experiment to see if we can get a tighter fit with earloop style.

(Most if the local hospitals here are only accepting masks made from surgical sheeting they provide, if they accept them at all.)

My mail order drug company still hasn’t processed my order. I am kinda freaking out, I highly suspect the drug has gone into shortage and they just aren’t telling me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good morning....er, afternoon! Where did the time go? 

Did 20 minutes of cardio this morning, so I still owe myself 20 this evening. I just finished proofreading a paper for dd.  About to clean the kitchen and start a big batch of pancakes to freeze, since I have a bit of buttermilk left that I don’t want to waste. Still need to vacuum the whole house and do some obedience work with my Tasmanian devil puppy. 

Peace and health to you all!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, CuriousMomof3 said:

Oh no, is it a drug related in some way to Coronavirus, or just that people are stocking up on all their meds?

It’s a drug likely to go into shortage based on a variety of factors, including imports being shut off. My insurance limits when I can reorder and the timing is just bad. 

• Sad 2

Three of our caterpillars (Bob, Bob, and Bob) have assumed the J shape for forming chrysalides. The other two (Bob and Bob) are still crawling around.

School got accomplished with mostly minimal fuss. One of my children has days when math is the! Best! Thing! Ever!, and days when a math book is a torture device. Today was the latter sort. But it's done now and everyone is happier.

I am teaching myself how to write interactive fiction (text adventure games). It's a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to teach the girls after I've played around with it some. The tool I'm using is pretty intuitive. If I end up writing anything worth sharing and can figure out how to share it, I'll do so. 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, purpleowl said:

Three of our caterpillars (Bob, Bob, and Bob) have assumed the J shape for forming chrysalides. The other two (Bob and Bob) are still crawling around.

School got accomplished with mostly minimal fuss. One of my children has days when math is the! Best! Thing! Ever!, and days when a math book is a torture device. Today was the latter sort. But it's done now and everyone is happier.

I am teaching myself how to write interactive fiction (text adventure games). It's a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to teach the girls after I've played around with it some. The tool I'm using is pretty intuitive. If I end up writing anything worth sharing and can figure out how to share it, I'll do so. 😄

Wait...you have an app or something?

4 minutes ago, fairfarmhand said:

Wait...you have an app or something?

For writing interactive fiction? You can download Inform from http://inform7.com/downloads/ and there's a useful introductory article at https://medium.com/coinmonks/how-to-create-your-own-text-adventure-12df36411b7f (the article has a link for downloading Inform but it's outdated - the one I gave is correct). I'm doing a bit of reading the documentation and a bit of "what happens if I try this?" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purpleowl said:

For writing interactive fiction? You can download Inform from http://inform7.com/downloads/ and there's a useful introductory article at https://medium.com/coinmonks/how-to-create-your-own-text-adventure-12df36411b7f (the article has a link for downloading Inform but it's outdated - the one I gave is correct). I'm doing a bit of reading the documentation and a bit of "what happens if I try this?" 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Haven’t posted this week because I started homeschooling again this week and doing 3 at home instead of 1 is a big adjustment. Much more chaotic. I’m focusing on the 3 R’s for the boys (who are usually in ps), keeping it interest led. Turns out they’re both having fun doing research reports on animals. They find khan Academy not as fun, but they do it. Next week the school will have some sort of work for them.

my attitude has not been as good lately. I did yoga Monday but couldn’t muster up the energy yesterday or today. I’ve also torn a muscle in my back and that makes all activity less attractive.

• Like 2