Menu

Who’s going to tackle Monday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning! It snowed last night, so I am going to drive dh to work. dd2 had a long weekend- someone accidentally kicked her phone into the pool at the party- so the phone has lived in rice. We are unsure of its fate as of yet. She also has a huge test today- so  I hope she has a good day.

Meanwhile she is using my phone...

Regular Monday here. No one was home yesterday- so the house is pretty clean.

• coffee/paper
  • dd2 off to school
  • drive dh to work
  • more coffee
  • school with ds3
  • daily chores
  • read a little
  • ds3 to PT
  • quick stop at the library
  • pick up dh
  • dinner- beef stew (dh made it last night)

Have a great day!

• Like 6

Good morning!

I need a mega coffee infusion this morning. The coyotes, who are always loud, really outdid themselves and had an all-night jamboree right under my bedroom window. My dogs were going nuts, howling back at them and wanting to go outside and chase them away. Then I felt the need to get up at 3am and go check on the horses, and there was no getting to sleep after that. I need an early bedtime tonight!

• make a grocery list
  • water plants
  • clear off kitchen counters
  • dd and I have a hair appt. at 12:45
  • pick up Heartgard & food from dog vet and arthritis meds from horse vet
  • get groceries
  • must remember to buy socks!! They changed the Hanes ankle socks that I've been buying forever and now they're all baggy and slide down into my shoes. Most annoying feeling ever! And I keep forgetting to buy different ones when I'm at Walmart. 
  • work on getting myself organized
  • dinner: might pick something up in town, or I might make orange veggie stirfry
  • sleep! 
  • Like 5

It is raining again.  I took extra trash outside and took the second trashcan up to the street (we had to get a second trashcan because they moved to rolling large bins ((yeah)) but also to once a month recycling ((booh)). We recycle almost as much as we throw out so now we have to throw away extra recycling.  We also lost our standing recycling drop place ((booh)) but did get a drop off place for electronics, paint, and hazardous waste ((yeah)).  Anyway, I do not know if it is the aspergillis mold that caused me to need my inhaler or early pollen but probably the mold since it is raining and pollen isn't likely to be in air.    So its that kind of day.  

• Breakfast, coffee, meds done
  • take shower, get dressed
  • work on taxes, election
  • call Wetumpka and register for crater tour this coming Saturday
  • wait for call from Subaru- talked w them, will talk again at 1:30ll be ready today or 2, they don't think it wi
  • call Uber, Lyft or taxi or rent car or nothing if ready today or early tomorrow depending on what Subaru gives as timeline
  • Coumadin Clinic- made appt for Friday
  • get eye glasses prescription filled  tomorrow
  • maybe pick up my Outback
  • dinner
Edited by TravelingChris
  • Like 6

Monday!!

• orthodontist
  • school
  • prepare to vote
  • laundry - in dryer
  • empty dishwasher
  • kitty litter
  • drum lesson
  • quick stop at grocery store
  • pick up items from 2 other stores
  • put trash out
  • dinner - just waiting for it to be done cooking
  • scouts
  • run dishwasher
Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 6

Good morning! Still in the hotel. Dh and ds are gone for the day. Dh did the carpool run!! 

Raining here too, Traveling Chris. I think your weather is very similar to ours. Only 1.5 hrs away.
Selkie, sorry for the coyote concert and lack of sleep!

Get documents printed and buy a couple things at Office Depot
Return tuxedo
Return Redbox movie

Call mom
Bank
Pay a medical bill
Email or text a Scout leader
Make appt for recall repair on my car
Grocery
P.O.
Lunch

Email ds' history teacher about essay assignment
Dd to/from church to practice piano
Pick up ds from school
Tutor one student 
Make sure ds takes all his mb stuff to Scouts tonight. Remind him to give his blue cards to the AC.

Dinner is hotel social hour snacks, plus whatever we have in our room. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, MysteryJen said:

dh reminded me that he is taking the car tomorrow- so I am reworking the day.

• get ds3 working on school
  • grocery store/gas
  • library
  • house things
  • more school
  • update calendar with tennis dates
  • PT

See dh and I can't even share one car unless it is my Subaru.  He has a 2001 Toyota Tundra and I cannot drive it anymore (and even have a difficult time getting into it a lot of times).

• Like 4

Made my grocery list

Dealt with a bunch of phone calls

Cleaned kitchen & started dishwasher

Made breakfast for dh

Did one load of laundry & folded one basketful

Did a quick round two of horse chores - more to do later

Took a shower

Getting ready to leave for our hair appt.

• Like 6

Made great progress on my morning list! Leaving in an hour for the afternoon driving part.

Adding to my list:

Cancel dental appt.
Check Geometry and Biology
Update YNAB
Finish The Winter's Tale 
Listen to a podcast

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Howdy!  Happy Monday!

I missed Sunday because (a) I got sucked into something that took half of the post-church day and (b) our electricity was out the remainder of the day.  Our main accomplishment yesterday was to do the hands-on part of a project for the AHG zoology badge.

I was supposed to get up early this morning to make up the work I didn't do yesterday, but that didn't happen.

Got the kids off to the school bus.

Then I had to get "dressed up" and go participate in the ribbon cutting for our 3rd rehab project.

Got home and did a few minor client things.

Emailed the school psychologist.

My main goal before close of business is to respond to a few semi-urgent work emails.  Then at some point, I need to complete some accounting reports before the end of the day.

Kid2 has a clarinet lesson (I will drive).  I should also pick up some cash.

Kid1 needs to complete her Zoo Crew application.  It's due tomorrow by 4pm.  I foresee driving it down to the zoo tomorrow.

Now off to remind the kids to practice their instruments.  Also need to find out if they have any homework.

• Like 6

Just discovered that ds, who has never written a research paper before, has one due next Wednesday for his history class. The teacher gave no scaffolding and did not put any details at all on the assignment sheet. Argh! My new-to-school boy with adhd is in way over his head. 

Math teacher teaching History is not the best idea, perhaps? 

I love his little school for a hundred reasons , but an assignment like this makes me mad because it set ds up to fail. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Dh just told me that the movers are scheduled for Sunday. I spent one Sunday working frantically all afternoon to get out before the movers came and it was awful. Not working like a dog on the Lord's day this time around! That rest day is important! We can move back in slowly over the course of Sat, Sun, and Monday. 

Nice to have a date and be able to plan a bit! Looking forward to cooking real meals and sleeping in my own bed! 

• Like 5

I do not normally check-in on Mondays, but....

over the weekend, my grandpa was admitted to ICU. We went over on Saturday, and between the time we were told of his condition, to the time we got there, things had (seemingly) improved. Things continued to (seemingly) improve on Sunday. Today, I teach K/1st at the homeschool place we attend, so couldn't be down there......and I got a call at 10:30 that he had passed away at 9:04 this morning.  (which, incidentally, is what would have been the 60th bday of my late stepMom as well). 

It was all very sudden, and I have not had time to wrap my brain around it yet. If anyone happens to actually know me IRL or on FB, my grandma hasn't made it public, so please don't say anything. (and, if you *do* know me, send me a PM to let me know that, Ha!). My grandparents were more in my life than my parents were.....the first quilt I made was a "diary quilt" where you make a block for different things in your life. I made a single block for my mom, and one for my dad, just for the fact of them being my parents. I made a block for the divorce, because that was a big deal. I made FOUR blocks (out of a total of 25) for things involving my grandparents, because they are that much a part of my life. Were. Are.  I cannot wrap my brain around the fact that my grandpa is.....gone. I mean...he was 86. I knew it was a thing that would happen. But.....I am really having trouble grasping it.  

They have been married for 60+ years, and still very much in love.  I have no idea how my grandma will do now. She just last month had a bad fall -- broken ribs and pelvis -- and while she's recovering well, I don't know what this will do. She's strong.....but....I just don't know. 

my dad & sister are feuding, and I'm in the middle of that, and.....we're supposed to go down tomorrow to visit. I was able to spend some time on Saturday and on Sunday with him; the family (dad, uncle, aunt, grandma) were there when he passed.....my sister was not able to visit. Lots of drama, long story, she's probably not going to forgive any of us for any of this for a long time. Tomorrow she and I will be visiting grandma together (dad will be there) at the same time. Hopefully that goes okay. 

Anyway. Umm, my to-do list for today is mostly done -- teach my K kiddos, teach my 1st kiddos, go to our once/semester "fundraiser night" at a local restaurant, dinner, home. Added "a zillion phone calls about grandpa dying" to the list and "deal with psycho family drama" because, yay. I wrote my school emails, posted my school homework pages, have vegged out, had a drink, heading to bed soon. 

Prayers appreciated. 

• Sad 4

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am so terribly sorry for your loss, Reader. 

thank you so very much. I really can't process it yet. He was an amazing man. He helped design the female urinals used on the (early) space station. And so much more. If I'm remembering correctly, he was on the team that was consulted in Apollo 13's disaster (he worked for a contractor that worked with NASA). 

On a personal level, he was the family photographer, historian, and the strongest example of true, unselfish love I've ever seen. He was a man of deep faith, unshaking convictions, humor....he once snuck into the "off limits" areas in the Roman Colliseums and took a disguise with him (he wore an oversized coat, and had my grandma carry an oversized bag) so he could photograph areas he'd otherwise not get to see. He went in, took his pictures, left, took off the coat, shoved it in my grandma's bag, put on a hat (that had been in the bag) and calmly walked away. 

If you've ever seen the illustration with a jar, rocks, rice, sand, water, etc., about putting in the main things first......he once did that demonstration for the family, 20 yrs ago, at a family dinner. Sent all of us home with spice jars holding 3 hazelnuts, rice, and sand to remember the meaning of it. 

He's just a phenomenal man.  Was. I'm blessed, fortunate, and so very grateful to have had him in my life all this time. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MysteryJen said:

I am so sorry for your loss, Reader. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

thank you so very much. I just can't believe it. He was in the hospital over the weekend, but things were explained to be improving, we thought. 

Thankfully, he had a lucid moment yesterday and was able to look at my grandma, squeeze her hands, make eye contact, etc. I'm so very glad she had that moment with him. 

• Like 2

So I am finished researching about a hundred delegate nominations and the judge nominations, etc.  I also sent it to my dd1 who did decide to forget about trying to influence another party's nominee and just go vote in her usual party.  That really took most of the today and a bit of Sunday and a few hours on Friday too.

They told me my car was ready and they came to pick me up (which took a long time because there was a police car chase that happened as the driver left the dealership and then two separate car accidents caused by people distracted by the police chase.  Had a pleasant conversation with a smart young service guy.  Got there and paid the diagnostic fee and went with my service guy out to the car to check it out.  The most important repair- the defogger, defroster was not blowing air at all.  He had earlier told me that if it didn't work and probably even if it did, sooner or later we would have to replace the whole radio/ climate control panel because this was the kind of stuff it would start doing before it failed completely.  It takes a week for the part to get there so I ended up renting a 2020 Outback from them ( at a much reduced price).   I will be able to go shopping and to medical appointments now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TravelingChris said:

I was writing the above response while you were posting, Reader.  Sincere condolences for your loss. He sounds like he was a very great man and so talented.  Very sad indeed.

thank you so much, Chris. He really did live a fantastic life, and at 86..I mean...I guess it was expected, even if it was sudden. But thank you. I am sure the next days as it sinks in will be hard. 

Heading to bed now.... 'night, all. 

• Like 2