Menu

My version of "Would you eat this?" only mine is, "Am I going to die?"

DawnM

UGH!

I am still in Ohio, driving back to NC later today.

My friend and I went out for ribs on Friday night.  I kept the box of food in my car overnight as it was 30 degrees all night.  Then I brought it in to the hotel room on Saturday around 9am and put it in the fridge.  I came back at 6pm or so and heated them up and ate them for dinner before heading back to the hospital.  

Later I came in to put my soda in the fridge, only to find out that the fridge was at the absolute highest setting, in fact, that may mean it is completely off.

I have lived for 13 hours now.  Will I make it to 14 hours? 

I will keep you posted.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, PrincessMommy said:

I think the thing about BBQ ribs is that it's almost like preserved food because of all the sugar and vinegar in the BBQ sauce.  I think you'll be fine.  Plus, they were probably defrosting in that  fridge 😉 

They had a dry rub, no sauce.  

1 hour ago, Amy in NH said:

Did you know that...

in many other places in the world, people keep cooked foods in their cupboard with no refrigeration at all, and eat said items 2-3 days later with no ill effects. 

If it was only one day you should be fine, unless the food was spoiled when you bought it.

Yes, I do know that, but my tummy is not used to it anymore.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterPan said:

I'm not razzing her. I live in Ohio and we eat a lot of BBQ! I just haven't seen dry rub bbq. I drive all over for ds' sessions, so, like I said, I was legit thinking I should be finding this bbq. :biggrin:

Smokey Bones is the name of the restaurant.

• Like 1