Menu

why . . . .

gardenmom5

First mine came at night, resulting in sweat-soaked sheets. Then they can throughout the day, forcing me to wear layers so I could strip down as needed. 

The only time they were really helpful was when it was super cold in the winter and I didn't freeze like my non-hot-flash friends. 😉 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wintermom said:

The only time they were really helpful was when it was super cold in the winter and I didn't freeze like my non-hot-flash friends. 😉 

Traveling to Iceland was interesting.  I spent most of the trip putting on layers and stripping them off like my life depended on it.  LOL!  (What can you do but laugh?)

Last night I thought about this thread and immediately had a hot flash.

I tend to get them most reliably when I get stressed out about anything; when the weather changes; when my activity level changes; and apparently anytime I think about hot flashes.

So about last night ... I was kinda cold when I went to bed, so I let the hot flash warm me up rather than throw off the covers.  Like 30 seconds later, still covered under plenty of blankets (flannel sheet, warm fuzzy blanket, and thick comforter), I'm suddenly so cold I'm actually shivering.

Needless to say, as the night progressed, the blankets were on and off several times.

I really just want to know when this BS is going to end.