Menu

We finally closed on our house!

ashfern

All I can say is if someone told me this story I wouldn't believe them. The house that we were supposed to close on June 24th is finally ours as of July 30. There is still 2-3 weeks of work before we can move in. We started pulling up the carpet yesterday and need to finish that today plus demo the kitchen and baths. We fenced off the pool area and will deal with that in the fall when the pool companies aren't busy so they may actually return my calls. Today we will be changing all the locks and reprogramming the garage doors (no remotes even though the openers were installed less than a year ago). It was grandma's house so everyone had keys.

Most important thing to do is get my oldest enrolled at the high school. Thankfully she's already registered for a couple of classes at the college for her dual enrollment. We just need to get her transferred from her old high school since they start classes tomorrow and have her fully scheduled there.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful!

I admit we have lived in our new house for a month and haven't even changed the garage code (it is 1234 if anyone wants to break in!) yet.  We didn't change any locks and I am not even 100% sure we have a key to the front door.  I am sure it is somewhere.  We come in through the garage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DawnM said:

Wonderful!

I admit we have lived in our new house for a month and haven't even changed the garage code (it is 1234 if anyone wants to break in!) yet.  We didn't change any locks and I am not even 100% sure we have a key to the front door.  I am sure it is somewhere.  We come in through the garage.

Changing the locks was the first thing we did in our house.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ashfern said:

All I can say is if someone told me this story I wouldn't believe them. The house that we were supposed to close on June 24th is finally ours as of July 30. There is still 2-3 weeks of work before we can move in. We started pulling up the carpet yesterday and need to finish that today plus demo the kitchen and baths. We fenced off the pool area and will deal with that in the fall when the pool companies aren't busy so they may actually return my calls. Today we will be changing all the locks and reprogramming the garage doors (no remotes even though the openers were installed less than a year ago). It was grandma's house so everyone had keys.

Most important thing to do is get my oldest enrolled at the high school. Thankfully she's already registered for a couple of classes at the college for her dual enrollment. We just need to get her transferred from her old high school since they start classes tomorrow and have her fully scheduled there.

That is crazy it took so long to close.  Glad you are in possession of it now though.  

4 hours ago, ashfern said:

reprogramming the garage doors (no remotes even though the openers were installed less than a year ago). .

congratulations.

you should be able to program the doors to be opened by your cars.  though apparently they have made changes to the programming on the openers...  I had to have my garage door replaced.  my 2000 van can't be programed to open my new one...  but my new car is coming, and we'll see if I can program it to open dh's door.  2ds will park in my garage bay when I'm gone for prolonged periods.  he has an '18.  he can't program his car to open dh's door - just mine with the new opener.