Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

• office work (lots to do, needs to be my main focus)
  • mop main floor
  • clean upstairs bathrooms
  • verify that horse bedding is being delivered today
  • laundry - wash dog bed covers
  • figure out meals for the rest of the week
  • dinner: kale fried rice
  • Like 5

So. . . I was hoping that the new bucket system for the a/c would solve all of the world's problems.  But as I had secretly suspected, but hadn't wanted to put into words in case it jinxed things, the stupid a/c is leaking from somewhere else on the bottom.  Good thing I still insisted on leaving the rubber mat under it.   So back to the towel method of clean up. 

Last night was a rough-ish night.  i was in pain and couldn't get to sleep.  I thought that I was hot and kept taking off my blanket but it wasn't working.  I finally figured out around 2 am that I was actually cold.  It's rough having your wires crossed so that you can't tell if you are hot or cold! 

human care done

pet care done

medical care done (I am so glad that I have the habit of typing all this out because as I typed this, I realized that I had not in fact done my meds so I ran and did them.)

morning exercises done

dishwasher rebooted after I spent a bit of time cleaning it.  I'm hoping that regular degunking will keep it running without me having to constantly take the stupid thing apart.

Katy Bowman blog read.

And now I'm late to get out the door to work on my camp lessons.  And no, I can't seem to concentrate enough here to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Kids are at cupcake challenge camp.  They enjoyed yesterday - lots of batter and cake eating.

I did my yoga and a bit of work.

I went to the dentist and started my Invisilign.  It is weird but no too bad.  I want a nap though.

Client just asked for a conference call this afternoon.  Yuck!!

• Like 4

I'm coming into this late.  So far:
-grocery shopping for dinner tonight and sundries - done
-start dinner - done.  Pork shoulder went in the dutch oven for a nice, slow, roast.
-ds music lesson - done. He was not as enthused because he group class last night had everyone cancel but him, so he got a 2x longer private lesson than usual followed by his private lesson today.
-take books back to the library - done.  I should have stuck around a minute longer.  As soon as we left Shelter In Place alerts were sent out and a tornado was spotted not too far from us.  Thankfully our route took us slightly away from the path.  I haven't heard from friends, though, who were much nearer.  Last night we had a Shelter In Place and I debated on it being silly or not, but while we were in the basement lightning struck our neighbor's house, so it's a little dicey out there.
-math with ds - done
-finish making dinner - done.  We're having pulled pork and cole slaw sandwiches using this amazing Apple n' Cabbage recipe.  Ds made bbq sauce while I was out.  If power goes out we're still good for meals.

Still to do:
-switch over laundry
-help ds with room organization

• Like 4

Half of me wants summer to be over so I won't be the one having to push my kids all the time.  The other half of me wants it to be July 1 again so we can do all the great things I planned for this summer ....

• Like 6

Rotten day--- that is it was a lovely day weather wise and I felt pretty good but that means I won't probably be in the study.  Because they tested mostly intelligence and not really memory all that much.   Like I knew how to read all the words, do almost every spelling word,  aced the math and apparently was the first one who knew how to do algebra well, and even got the picture right I believe,  I couldn't recall random words well but could recognize them very well,  I couldn;t recall random numbers well either.  I was fairly slow at the coding part.    But the naming fruits and vegetables in a minute, I did a lot of them.   Not like I would have done in the Spring and not like I would have done last week, etc, etc.  

My issue isn't that I do not know things or that I have really become stupider.  My brain fog issues is almost a complete eradication of my executive function skills,  horrible memory issues like I cannot  reliably remember and place when and if certain things happen-- I really have to ponder and look for clues and ask people- and then I may remember.  When I have a flare, which I am not having right now, I cannot express myself well at all with speech- I get aphasia.  

Also, since they moved the test to earlier, we had no nice lunch, no museum, etc.  My dh really wanted to see the exhibits too so I think we will probably go up again Saturday and visit the museum and have lunch.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

@HomeAgain everything ok? 

We managed to come through unscathed, not even a shingle missing.  Our friends, not as lucky, but still not bad.  They were trapped yesterday due to fallen trees and live wires.  I'm not sure if they're gotten power back.  The hotel there had the roof lift off and all hands were on deck getting the streets safe enough to get that and all the guests taken care of.
DS and I permanently moved the cots to the basement from the garage, which probably makes more sense.  This was such a rare occurence (I think it was the 4th and 5th in a century to make landfall), but it makes me feel better.

• Like 2