Menu

Who’s going to tackle Saturday with me?

Good morning!

• usual chores
  • see if I need to have the vet come out and give horse another shot (hopefully not) he is more mobile this morning, so no vet call needed
  • run up to college to pick up ds18 (or dh might do it...need to figure this out)
  • stop at walmart and get epsom salts for soaking horse's foot
  • straighten up house
  • get some outside work done - supposed to be sunny and 66*
  • make a list of the million errands I have to run tomorrow
  • take ds18 back up to school in the afternoon
  • maybe pick up dinner somewhere??
  • read and relax tonight
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 6

I am at the Farmers' market, waiting for it to open. Local strawberries, picked yesterday, YUMMM!

After shopping:

• Stop by my mom's for a visit.
  • Meal planning and make a grocery list.
  • Tidy the house and clean a bathroom.
  • Help Ds with his catechism and his play lines. 
  • Listen to/watch (at least some of) Cindy Rollins and Angelina Stanford's Literary Life conference talks.
  • Quick grocery trip
  • Church prep = mostly laundry

Dinner is lettuce wraps and pot stickers.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Safe travels, Amy!

Not much going on today, we may or may not go to a baseball game at Furman.  Depends on weather (supposed to rain) and what time DS18 rolls out of bed (he had a late night out with friends last night).

-coffee
-loaf around
-plan school for next week (including lots of studying for AP exam Friday)
-laundry
-workout (the dreaded leg day)
-maybe baseball?
-if no baseball, clean house (this will be a family affair)
-check sprinkler system to make sure all flower beds are being watered (there is one part I suspect isn't getting any water based on the wilting hydrangea)
-read (I have one more chapter in my book)
-dinner (the same celery root and chicken risotto I didn't make Thursday or Friday....)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Happy Saturday!

• Kid 2 to horse riding.
  • Bring the critters back home at some point.
  • Switch to new computer.
  • Lots of work.
  • Kids have lots of homework.
  • Kids have to do project for teacher appreciation.
  • Bills, calendar, filing, etc.
  • All the laundry.
  • Some reading, exercise.
  • Maybe start working on AHG plan for coming year.
  • Maybe get some purging done in the kids' rooms.
  • Like 6

Good morning! It is like I am on vacation in my own house. Dd2 spent the night with friends last night and probably won't be home for a little while. I am going to work in the garden, goof around and probably treat myself to lunch.

• coffee/paper
  • work in garden beds
  • shower
  • read
  • maybe head out for shopping or art museum (if I hear from my flaky friend)
  • Not sure what the evening will bring

Have a great day!

• Like 6

clean bathrooms

vac downstairs and mop floors

sort through one daughter's clothes, bag up outgrown and organize remaining...    

school scheduling for the last two weeks of school! :biggrin:  --think it through, type it up, print it out

make pizza dough for tonight's supper-- Sloppy Joe Pizza

supper

bathe dishes

bathe little children and convince them to go to sleep

maybe play scrabble with my sweetie; he usually beats me, but hope springs eternal. 🙂

Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 6

My poeple are all out.

Dd is on a youth trip, ds went to a movie with neighbors, dh just said he was going out... 

Next up:
Grocery store
Cook dinner, because someone will be hungry later! 
More laundry

Tidy dd's room
Sew a button on a shirt  

Read

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

I spent some time looking at AHG badges for this summer, and double-checking the troop's records on what requirements were met.

I signed my daughters & me up for a CPR / first aid course the Sunday after school ends - to meet a badge requirement, and because it seems like a good thing to do.  I also sent an inquiry about volunteering with the Special Olympics.

Kids are working on their homework, supposedly.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, SKL said:

I spent some time looking at AHG badges for this summer, and double-checking the troop's records on what requirements were met.

I signed my daughters & me up for a CPR / first aid course the Sunday after school ends - to meet a badge requirement, and because it seems like a good thing to do.  I also sent an inquiry about volunteering with the Special Olympics.

Kids are working on their homework, supposedly.

Yep, good to have a plan on that badgework! My dd will be doing CPR to finish up Emergency Preparedness, but it knocks off a requirement in Swimming (rescue breathing) and in Kid Care too. Double dip when you can! She is also doing Cooking and Swimming. 

• Like 4

Jean, Juliet is so pretty.

I feel like I've been running (or driving) all day.

Brought ds18 home once he woke up enough to stumble out to the car.:laugh:

Did many horse-related chores - that took up most of my day.

Cut dh's hair.

Got dinner with ds18 and took him back to school.

Went to the farm supply store and got grain, salt blocks, a new halter for dd's horse, and pill pockets for Buttercup.

Ds20 tracked us down while we were there & we had a good visit with him. He went to a car show today and had lots of car stories to tell.

Went to Walmart for a few things.

Came home, did horse chores.

Now I need to unpack Chewy boxes so I can feed my dogs.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

Yep, good to have a plan on that badgework! My dd will be doing CPR to finish up Emergency Preparedness, but it knocks off a requirement in Swimming (rescue breathing) and in Kid Care too. Double dip when you can! She is also doing Cooking and Swimming. 

Our leader is picky about that - she does not like to credit for more than one requirement for one single activity.  Otherwise the first aid stuff could apply to several items.  I am not sure whether or not she is correct about that.  She has more experience than I do, so I tend to follow her lead.

Is there a guideline somewhere for this kind of thing?  For example, there are some activities that could be considered service hours, while meeting the requirements for an event or a badge requirement.  For example, the fitness badge suggests volunteering at the Special Olympics, but does that mean the volunteer work doesn't count as service hours?  There are so many things like that.

• Like 1

Well, I didn't get my daughter's clothes sorted, nor did I get the school scheduling done.  

BUT

I did spend a few hours visiting with a friend who stopped by out of the blue and needed someone to talk to.  That's what I was supposed to do.  So I did. 

We did eat supper, older kids did the dishes, younger kids are bathed and in bed, and maybe dh and I can relax together soon.  

• Like 3

Quick ran to the grocery store for a gluten free frozen meal to pop into the microwave for my supper tonight.

The College Boys have taken over my living room and are filling it with a "wall of sound" from their electric guitars.  Just like old times. 

I am going to flee outside to do twenty more minutes of yard work if my arms can take it. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SKL said:

Our leader is picky about that - she does not like to credit for more than one requirement for one single activity.  Otherwise the first aid stuff could apply to several items.  I am not sure whether or not she is correct about that.  She has more experience than I do, so I tend to follow her lead.

Is there a guideline somewhere for this kind of thing?  For example, there are some activities that could be considered service hours, while meeting the requirements for an event or a badge requirement.  For example, the fitness badge suggests volunteering at the Special Olympics, but does that mean the volunteer work doesn't count as service hours?  There are so many things like that.

I think that badge requirements can double-dip, if they are actually the same thing. 

Service hours can't double with badge requirements or hours toward leading events for level awards.

• Like 2