Menu

How do stars who wear the huge dresses to awards shows sit down?

Tap

Whenever I see the award show dresses that are massive works of art, I always wonder how do those girls sit in their seat? How do they get to the show? RV? Even in a limo, I can't imagine some of those dresses fit. Some of those girls can't weigh 100 lbs but their dresses look like they are half again that amount. LOL I can't imagine how they get out of the vehicles with any sense of decorum. That has to be a sight to see. LOL I assume the presenters have dressing rooms to get ready in, but don't the rest have to arrive already dressed?

I look at dresses from the Grammys like Bebe Rexha, Cardi B, Katy Perry, St. Vincent, Ashanti, Ella Mai. Beautiful women in beautiful dresses, but I can't imagine sitting on top of, under or even next to those dresses for the night. 

Even Kasey Musgraves as she took album of the year, I was like, what the heck are you even wearing.

Yeah, those dresses... sometimes I like them, sometimes not... but they often look really uncomfortable. At least it wasn't the Met Gala or whatever. Those dresses are nuts.

A friend of mine was in a play wearing a period Elizabethan dress.  She had to take teeny tiny steps because otherwise the dress would start to sway more and more until it would literally knock her over.   But don't the actresses all arrive in limos?   I remember reading that Princess Diana regretted the fabric choice for her wedding dress.  It was an easy wrinkle fabric and it wrinkled on the way to the church.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Farrar said:

Even Kasey Musgraves as she took album of the year, I was like, what the heck are you even wearing.

Yeah, those dresses... sometimes I like them, sometimes not... but they often look really uncomfortable. At least it wasn't the Met Gala or whatever. Those dresses are nuts.

Kasey’s outfit reminded me of Liza Minnelli. 

And Cardi B dress on the carpet reminded me of a bad sushi roll.

I hope those bathroom attendants are paid or tipped well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kareni said:

That reminds me of an article I read. It will make you look at gravy boats with suspicion.

What was a Bourdaloue?

Regards,

Kareni

How have I never read a thing about this? Oh my. The author's quote in the comments had me giggling. Really?!

"Thank you so much for your comment and yes, apparently they did hike their skirts up in public or perhaps they disappeared to a side room or similar. According to historian Lucy Worsley ‘Privacy is not essential, and the French ambassador’s wife annoys everyone with the “frequency and quantity of her pissing which she does not fail to do at least ten times a day amongst a cloud of witnesses”.’"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, iamonlyone said:

"Thank you so much for your comment and yes, apparently they did hike their skirts up in public or perhaps they disappeared to a side room or similar. According to historian Lucy Worsley ‘Privacy is not essential, and the French ambassador’s wife annoys everyone with the “frequency and quantity of her pissing which she does not fail to do at least ten times a day amongst a cloud of witnesses”.’"

Lucy Worsley has a whole lot of docos on Youtube. I've had a lot of fun watching them lately! Possibly the bathroom episode of 'If the Walls Could Talk' would be of relevance to this thread.