Menu

Has anyone seen a good price for dried Elderberries this season?

mommyoffive

Just now, SereneHome said:

Following.  I bought it during the summer, thinking I still have time to get more, but it's now at $48/lb on Amazon.  My guess is it won't go down until next May or June ?

You were smart.  Are you out of it already.  I meant to buy it during summer too and then just didn't.  ARGH.

How much did you pay in summer? 

10 minutes ago, Lostinabook said:

iherb is out of stock, but Frontier elderberries are listed at $12-16/#. You can sign up to be notified when they're back in stock, but sometimes it takes a very long time to re-stock, and then they run out right away. 

That is an amazing price!!!!! Do they have high fees for shipping or something? 

30 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

That is an amazing price!!!!! Do they have high fees for shipping or something? 

No, it's free shipping in the US for orders over $20 I think. The problem is whether or not they'll actually get elderberries back in stock before spring. You might check locally at herb & spice stores, food co-ops, etc. Even if they don't have elderberries in stock, they might be able to order from Frontier & get a better price than Amazon.

I'm seeing Frontier Elderberry for $45 for 1 lb on Amazon. ? I have it in my shopping cart. I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and buy it, or wait for Mountain Rose Herbs to come back in stock, which won't be until November. ? 

5 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

You were smart.  Are you out of it already.  I meant to buy it during summer too and then just didn't.  ARGH.

How much did you pay in summer? 

I lied.  I just looked and it seems I bought it September 6th for $20.34.  I am not out, but I like to stock-up on it, especially since what happened to prices last winter.  I was also hoping to make my own syrup this winter, but now not sure if I'll have enough