Menu

Silly Question: WWE2....do you break your book in half, tear out pages, ???

umsami

Looking for hive wisdom on this.  What is the best way to handle the fact the the second half of the WWE2 book is the student pages.  The book is so ginormously thick, that I can't really give it to my eight year old to use/write in.   Did you break your book in half, and possibly spiral bind both halves?  Do you just rip out the pages and put them in a binder?  

Help!  

(I realize that the answer may be painfully obvious. ? )

I wanted to be able to reuse the book with my second, so with the first I made copies of the copywork pages and just gave him regular handwriting paper for the dictation. 

Now that I'm on kid #2, I'm just tearing the pages out of the back of the book and then saving in a binder. I was worried that the book would be awkward to handle once a bunch of pages were missing, but it has been fine.

• Like 1

I kept the book intact.  We didn't use the student pages.  The copy work lines didn't work for my kids.

I transcribed the copy work to handwriting without tears style paper.   I typed narrations.  Dictations done on same style paper as copy work.    Filed it all in a loose-leaf binder.

• Like 1

I used to photocopy the student pages (which the book says is legal for single family use), but I got tired of all the loose pages.  So now we use a notebook.  I handwrite the copywork model as we go over it and discuss it, as well as handwrite the narrations as the kids give them to me.  Dictations are likewise done in the notebook - I just make sure it's on a fresh page where she can't see the copywork.

• Like 1

My child does the writing in their own notebook. I copy out copywork into his notebook as needed (literally as we sit down to do the lesson)

I have previously done both printing pdf student pages and tearing out. I settled on this because my kids do most of their work into one notebook and I like keeping everything together.

• Like 1