Menu

On Sunday I spend an afternoon holding a baby...

mellifera33

16 minutes ago, Liz CA said:

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Super cuteness, warm and fuzziness all rolled into one.

If you hold another baby next Sunday, what will you bring home next?  ?

I think my dh would prefer I not hold any more babies for a while--while he knew that I was thinking about bringing home "a kitten," the second was a bit of a surprise for him. ?

• Haha 1

I'm so over of the moon excited about my grandbaby arriving in November that I went to PetsMart to play with kittens today. It was so hard not to bring one home, especially the ginger colored one that I'm partial to. Knowing that my dh would kill me is the only thing keeping me from bringing it home.

Congrats on your pair! Lucky lady!

• Like 2

Kitties 100% need friends, so it’s perfect that you have two. ?

I started with one...who looked lonely, so we got two.   But the 2nd kitty was younger and more energetic the the first, so he needed a young friend, so we got three.  But the third died.  So, we looked at the pet store for a replacement third and found a pair of brothers and we couldn’t separate them, so we got three *and* four.  And then friends of ours had to give away their kitty (turned out they had severe allergies in the family), and now we have five.  

But most certainly, you should always have at least two.

• Like 6

I love this post!  I definitely support your decision to get two.  We have decided we'll adopt single adult cats but kittens will always come in pairs. At our house, it is me that tries to hold a line on the number of pets we have. DH has a huge soft heart. We've had as many as five cats years ago but are now down to two.  I've told DH he has to wait until our older dog is gone before bringing home more cats. He still tells me about adoptathons at all the local animal organizations.

• Like 1