Menu

WTM shut down from March 24th to March 28th?!?!?

mlktwins

I had issues, too, but then realized that if I went directly to the board it worked but the main page was down. At least, that's how it appeared to be working. 

Yes, I realized that if I went to forums.welltrainedmind.com it worked, but if I just went to welltrainedmind.com it didn't work.

During the blackout, if anyone has a Dr Hive question, the answer is, "Go to the doctor.  Or better yet, the ER.  Now."  

Don't wait 5 days to ask us if you should have gone.  Just go.

I'll chime in with- if you're questioning if a food is spoiled, don't eat it.

• Like 2

I now have a pink banner at the top of the page which reads "IMPORTANT CHANGE, MUST READ!"  When I click on it, I am redirected to a post by SWB which talks about the addition of ads to the forum.

The thing is, this post is nearly FOUR YEARS OLD!!

So I'm wondering if it REALLY took four years to implement the change OR if the pink banner is somehow in error.

SWB?  Perhaps you could edit the post with a note saying that this is, indeed, current, or some such?

• Like 2

I now have a pink banner at the top of the page which reads "IMPORTANT CHANGE, MUST READ!"  When I click on it, I am redirected to a post by SWB which talks about the addition of ads to the forum.

The thing is, this post is nearly FOUR YEARS OLD!!

So I'm wondering if it REALLY took four years to implement the change OR if the pink banner is somehow in error.

SWB?  Perhaps you could edit the post with a note saying that this is, indeed, current, or some such?

I am wondering the same thing.

The length of time is necessary because we want to transfer EVERYTHING over--archives, classifieds, messages, everything. 

Thank goodness y'all are transferring EVERYTHING. I was really worried about the fate of the 15,000 replies to the "ignore this thread" post  :lol:

• Like 7

Aww, guys, hang in there.

We've been needing to do this for a LONG time but we've been delaying just because...we didn't want to stress you out. But pretty soon this software will not function at ALL if we don't bite the bullet.

The length of time is necessary because we want to transfer EVERYTHING over--archives, classifieds, messages, everything. 

You would not BELIEVE how much stuff is on this site.

See my post above--you can still stay in touch on Instagram, or Twitter, or (dare I say it) Facebook during the upgrade.

You're going to spend those days tweeting like a madwoman, right?  Right?!

<breathes deeply but furiously with brown paper bag>

• Like 1

You're going to spend those days tweeting like a madwoman, right?  Right?!

Yes.  SWB will probably tweet lots of things like this:

"The transition is going poorly.  It's gonna take at least a month to complete!"

or

"The transition went extremely poorly!  We lost ALL of the data!  All of your old posts are gone.  Sorry!"

:leaving:

• Like 2

"The transition is going poorly.  It's gonna take at least a month to complete!"

or

"The transition went extremely poorly!  We lost ALL of the data!  All of your old posts are gone.  Sorry!"

:svengo:  :svengo:  :svengo:

Imagine if the transition happened on April 1... she could be SO cruel!  ;)

• Like 2

or

OMG, this actually just made my anxiety spike and my heart pound. Stop it!!!  :svengo:

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops
  • Like 1