Menu

Who’s going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

School with ds

Lunch date with a friend while ds and dh have a lunch date

Bazaar

People coming to look at furniture we are selling

More packing.....

I hate how long the process of moving is. I wish I could just hire someone to do it all. Anyone want to volunteer? 😆

• Like 8

Good morning!  Lolo, I agree - moving is the worst.  Very stressful.

DS13 and I made it to the Orlando airport and got to watch the Falcon Heavy launch from the 11th floor of the parking garage with about 100 other people.  He really enjoyed it.  It looked like a bright comet in the sky and with binoculars we could see the actual rocket.  Pretty cool.  Back to the grind today.

-coffee

-straighten up for the cleaning people

-DS16 off to school

-DS13 to co-op (may just drop him off)

-laundry DONE:  3

-workout (upper body weights, lower body is so sore from Monday)

-read and enjoy my nice clean house

-dinner (the chicken sitting in the fridge for 3 days)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 8

Lolo, yes, moving is difficult. We used to do it more often earlier in our marriage, but we haven't moved in almost 14 years. We most likely will move in 2-3 years, though. 

Done:

breakfast and lunch for dh

fed cats

coffee

To Do:

more coffee

meals

tidy house (left it a little cluttered last night)

school with ds

renew driver's license

look for puffy mints for welcome bags 

prep for tutoring tomorrow

laundry      

church

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 8

My dishwasher leak turned into a colossal flood.  This morning I am expecting the return of the plumber as well as a flood damage company.  Had to cancel the meeting at my parish's environmental group.  Boo hoo.  I haven't made it to one of thse meeting in three months because something or other comes up!  

Today - wash dishes some place other than the kitchen sink.

Hang around talking to work guys trying to fix my house

Get ds to his math class

Remember to mail check 

Dd needs to do history and literature

Dd to voice lessons

I need to plan, plan, plan for Latin and history at co-op tomorrow

What's for dinner?  Don't know - but it has to been anti-inflammatory!

Call P. tonight about sign up genius and bulletin announcement for hypothermia shelter (forgot to do this last night, grrr)

• Like 7

Good morning!

lolo, I hope your move goes smoothly!

Pink and Green, I'm glad you and ds got to see the launch! I watched the video - so cool!

Faithr, so sorry about the flood. Dealing with water damage is awful!

Busy day here today...

•school

•teen driving practice if roads aren't horrible (they probably are, since it snowed again all night)

•post office

•office work (go through bank statements, pay a few more bills, do some shredding)

•make a bowl of salad

•roast some veggies (asparagus, brussels sprouts, beets)

•dd Music Club

•dd and ds17 Model UN

•ds17 golf lesson

•dd violin lesson

•dinner: tofu stirfry with coconut lemongrass cauliflower rice and chile oil. (Something unexpected happened. We've all been reading the book How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease. After looking through the studies cited in the book, the avowed carnivores in our family (dh and boys) have all decided to go 100% plant-based. This is a huge change for them and I'm pretty excited, because this is the way I have always preferred to eat and cook. :) )

• Like 7

I must be the only person who doesn't mind moving. My dream is to keep moving into smaller and smaller places until all I own can fit into a couple of suitcases and I can go anywhere at a moment's notice. Dh likes to put down firm roots and keep adding acorns to the pile. 

Faithr-so sorry about the flood! Water damage is the worst.

To do:

late start for dd2, so she is sleeping

boys will be up soon and working

school with boys

chores/some paperwork

take dd2 to school/bank/gas

dd2 to hs practice-team dinner tonight

ds2-aikido

ds3 makes dinner (roasted pork tenderloin with root vegetables)

pick up dd2 from team dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Wednesday!

Short school day here today. ✅

Pick up milk and bagels ✅

Pick up mom's dog. ✅

Appt with Ds' doc ✅

Trader Joe's ✅

Scout store ✅

Piano lessons

Church for choir, dinner and class.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 6

Good morning

- dd2 up and dressed- done

- take dd2 to school- done

- stop at Walmart for creamer- done and ended up buying dd2 a pair of gloves because right now she’s at school with mismatched mittens because I can’t find a pair of matching gloves that kind of fit her in this house

- coffee!!!!

- work on microbiology/history stuff

- laundry- in dryer

- dishes- in dishwasher

- tidy living room- done

- tidy kitchen- done enough

- girls off bus- done

- dinner- in crockpot

- help dd1 with any homework- done

- take girls to dh’s work and meet classmate there

- school

- more microbiology/history stuff

- bedtime routine for me

- anything else I get done- lunch for me, nap

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 6

Well, I got off to a pretty good start.  Kids up & ready early, garbage out.  I had to drive the kids to school early because they forgot to bring something home yesterday.  Got that done & then cleaned off my car really well so the driver can borrow it this afternoon.  Got coffeed up, did some house work, probably a few other things.

Then I ended up spending hours on my kids' summer camp schedule.  That wiped me out, so I took a nap.  Ugh!  I have got to get some work done!

I will get a few things out now, then go brush off the car again & pack my kid's gym clothes, so things are ready for the evening.

Driver will cart the kids around  - youth group to Sylvan to gymnastics & back.

Help the kids finish whatever other homework they haven't finished yet.

Maybe a read-aloud?

Kids to bed.

Work.

• Like 5

Today was awful.  Dh stayed home though and got things cracking.  We have those huge fans all over the basement and one in the kitchen behind the (now) pulled out fridge.  Apparently it was a slow leak where a lot of water sat until it became a flood.  Had to have water off for a chunk of the day.  Been eating out for everything.  The laminate flooring in the finished basement was ruined.  They found mold (but I don't think it was the evil black mold - just mold).  So dh was a total sweetheart and he's lined up painters and dry wallers and he dealt with the workmen and he's ordered new stuff to replace old stuff and the water is back on!  The house is a wreck!  

Hardly anything got done school wise though.

• Like 3

I am very late, but feeling so accomplished. I got some of my longest standing fear of how I was going to handle it homeschooling stuff done today for the first time ever, and it feels WONDERFUL. 

I got dd registered for the PSAT10. We are even late for getting registered, but I found a PS giving it that had a few extra copies, and doesn't mind working with homeschoolers or going ahead and checking on how to include her even though they already ordered their tests!! The counselor invited us over to tour the school and testing area today, gave dd the practice exam booklet and invited us for her college prep seminar coming up for her students and their parents. She says dd can test there in the fall for her PSATnm. I am just so glad to have found this contact. It took a lot of prayers and phone calls to find this woman. 

Then I got her driver's ed curriculum purchased and got her set up to take the state's required reading exam which is usually given through schools and again, took a lot of phone calls to find someone that would administer to a homeschooler at another school, lol. 

Plus other random parenting related things done today. But these took a HUGE load off of my mind. I was feeling really behind in the testing stuffs! 

Edited by 2_girls_mommy
  • Like 1