Menu

You know what I am so sick and tired of...???

unsinkable

That sounds good! The maple cremes out here are maple creme-filled with maple frosting. Yours sounds better because sometimes all that maple is overkill. I would probably like one with maple creme filling and white frosting, though.

Your name makes more sense. Maple Creme sounds like maple flavored creme.

It's kind of like coffee cake...most recipes have no coffee in them!

• Like 2

Your name makes more sense. Maple Creme sounds like maple flavored creme.

It's kind of like coffee cake...most recipes have no coffee in them!

That’s true! I think you’re supposed to drink coffee with it, but then that would mean we’re supposed to chug down maple syrup with the maple donuts.

I might be able to manage it if it becomes a requirement.

I’m such a rule follower that way.

• Like 3

Who are you calling homely?  :D

Just kidding. I'm posting to see how many posts I have.

Just her page, her homely page, not her, not Catwoman, she's beautiful. I don't know why I called it that. I don't know when the last time was I went to her page, but I was just being a savage. Homey page, homely page. Same thing. lol. jk

• Like 3

So...donut stories...

My brother was so drunk once that he went on an epic rant against glazed donuts. At the bar bc we were talking about going to get donuts. Then in the car on the way to Tim Horton's. Then in Tim Horton's. Then on the way home from Tim Horton's. Then at home.

The rant was so memorable that I rarely hear the words "glazed donuts" without mentally repeating *f---ing glazed donuts* in my head.

The best part was that the next morning, my DB got up and saw the donut box and the FIRST thing he said was, "Oh, donuts! I hope there's no glazed."

• Like 9

So...donut stories...

My brother was so drunk once that he went on an epic rant against glazed donuts. At the bar bc we were talking about going to get donuts. Then in the car on the way to Tim Horton's. Then in Tim Horton's. Then on the way home from Tim Horton's. Then at home.

The rant was so memorable that I rarely hear the words "glazed donuts" without mentally repeating *f---ing glazed donuts* in my head.

The best part was that the next morning, my DB got up and saw the donut box and the FIRST thing he said was, "Oh, donuts! I hope there's no glazed."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

So donuts are great and all but does anyone here eat breakfast tacos? I realize that is probably very regional but I thought I would ask (just to help generate more posts for Catwoman of course. It certainly isn't because I am hungry and craving a breakfast taco...).

I have been to a lot of places where they serve breakfast tacos, and I have made them at home a few times, but I still can’t get past the concept of “breakfast†and “tacos†together. I love breakfast and I love tacos, but breakfast ingredients wrapped in a tortilla still seems wrong to me, even though I know in my head that I’m being completely idiotic.

Put the same ingredients on toast, English muffins, or bagels and I’m fine with it.

Clearly, I have issues.

• Like 5

So donuts are great and all but does anyone here eat breakfast tacos? I realize that is probably very regional but I thought I would ask (just to help generate more posts for Catwoman of course. It certainly isn't because I am hungry and craving a breakfast taco...).

Yes...we have them a lot. I also made them and freeze them for lunches.

I make them from scratch often but I also buy this frozen "skillet" bag of potatoes, red and green peppers, onions and sausage. You cook all that then add beaten eggs. We put the whole thing in a tortilla with whatever else the person eating it likes.

• Like 2

Tim Horton's calls it Strawberry Vanilla...strawberry filling and vanilla frosting.

A Strawberry donut from TH's has strawberry jelly and powdered sugar.

We had plenty of donuts and coffee at Tim Horton’s in Toronto and Niagara Falls so my strawberry loving DS12 probably tried TH’s strawberry vanilla donut.

• Like 2

Yes...we have them a lot. I also made them and freeze them for lunches.

I make them from scratch often but I also buy this frozen "skillet" bag of potatoes, red and green peppers, onions and sausage. You cook all that then add beaten eggs. We put the whole thing in a tortilla with whatever else the person eating it likes.

Oh that sounds yum!!

DD prefers to eat her breakfast tacos for lunch or dinner so we try to have some around all the time but I don't have any right now and I'm getting hungrier and hungrier.  LOL

• Like 2

Have you tried signing out and signing back in? that might work. I'm pretty sure I've handed out more than 10 today.

Actually you are supposed to have 50.  As one is used it is not available again for 24 hours.  If you use all 50 in a 10 minute period you will get all 50 back within 10 minutes of each other roughly 24 hours after using them.  If you spread them out over a whole day then they will trickle in over the next day.  I hope that makes sense...

• Like 2

Oh that sounds yum!!

DD prefers to eat her breakfast tacos for lunch or dinner so we try to have some around all the time but I don't have any right now and I'm getting hungrier and hungrier. LOL

I just looked it up. The product is by Jimmy Dean and it comes in a red bag. The bag suggests using 6 eggs but i usually add 8.

I know...I'm hungry, too. But by morning, I'll be like, "eh. Not hungry."

• Like 1

I just looked it up. The product is by Jimmy Dean and it comes in a red bag. The bag suggests using 6 eggs but i usually add 8.

I know...I'm hungry, too. But by morning, I'll be like, "eh. Not hungry."

:laugh:

Yeah, by morning I will simply pull out my protein oatmeal, drink my Irish Breakfast tea and call it good.  But tonight...good grief am I hungry.  :)

• Like 3

CAT!!!

We're FIVE POSTS from the fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our smiles! I must be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to get Cat to 30,000 posts!

• Like 5

Paczki day is coming up soon! Hurray!

I've been stress eating sugar lately. I wonder if paczki day is enough incentive to abstain from sugar until then?

I've thought of trying to make them but it sounds like a lot of work.

Deep-frying anything is a lot of work, IMO. Especially bc I can get good ones quite easily.

• Like 1

CAT!!!

We're FIVE POSTS from the fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our smiles! I must be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to get Cat to 30,000 posts!

Sorry I disappeared for a few minutes! The people in this house have some nerve wanting food and clean laundry! Don’t they realize I have more important things to do???

• Like 5

Have you tried signing out and signing back in? that might work. I'm pretty sure I've handed out more than 10 today.

Actually you are supposed to have 50.  As one is used it is not available again for 24 hours.  If you use all 50 in a 10 minute period you will get all 50 back within 10 minutes of each other roughly 24 hours after using them.  If you spread them out over a whole day then they will trickle in over the next day.  I hope that makes sense...

I keep clicking the like button and every now and then I get one back, so if it seems like I’m randomly liking posts, that’s why.

Consider all of your posts liked!!!

What number post is this? I have to check and see if I’m getting close.

• Like 1

Dawn probably has to get up early for work so she’s probably getting ready for bed.

No donuts for Dawn tonight!

You’re at 29,999!!! One more post! This is like waiting for the ball to drop on New Year’s Eve! So exciting!

ETA: We posted at the same time!! SOOO COOL! 30,000!

Edited by Garga
  • Like 2