Menu

dab nabbit...friggin furnace is broken

SparklyUnicorn

If a modern furnace ran last Spring, but won't start up in the Fall, 99% of the time it's a plugged vent pipe, or plugged or dried out drain trap.  Both are relatively easy fixes with not much to go wrong.  The self diagnostics (flashing lights) and youtube are all you need to figure it out.

• Like 2

If a modern furnace ran last Spring, but won't start up in the Fall, 99% of the time it's a plugged vent pipe, or plugged or dried out drain trap.  Both are relatively easy fixes with not much to go wrong.  The self diagnostics (flashing lights) and youtube are all you need to figure it out.

We have two furnaces, but the symptoms are just like the problem that happened at the end of last season with the other one.  I cannot recall the name of the part.  It was about $250.  So not too bad.  The fan isn't working right and it smells like burnt crayon (that's how I describe it anyway).

It's annoying to have 2, but it is what it is.  Good thing is if push comes to shove we won't ever freeze and can hang out on the first floor if needed.

Edited by SparklyUnicorn
  • Like 1

We have a really old unit and I am terrified every season change that the heat or ac won't work.  I have started testing it out much earlier than I will actually need to use it just in case.  I have found that the sooner I call in the season the more likely I am to get quick service.  

• Like 1

We have a really old unit and I am terrified every season change that the heat or ac won't work.  I have started testing it out much earlier than I will actually need to use it just in case.  I have found that the sooner I call in the season the more likely I am to get quick service.  

Yeah same here and I SHOULD do the same.

smart

I hope it is an easy fix