Menu

All Saints Day Mass

ktgrok

Don't suppose being slightly hung over from hard apple cider and too much sugar is a valid reason to get out of a Holy Day of Obligation, huh?  :huh:

Not me, of course. I'm way too responsible for that......it's um..my friend. My friend who has lost her alcohol tolerance and after 1  and 1/2 bottles of hard cider and a few sips of cinnamon whiskey, not to mention a cupcake and a piece of candy, isn't feeling quite up to par. 

(I'm not truly asking..I'll suck it up and go. Just need one more cup of coffee in me first, lol.)

We went! There is a 7 PM mass tonight but I think the kids have faith formation when? I need to double check the calendar. I'm not sure if it's canceled for all Saints Day or not. Plus by then I'll be even more tired. This was the noon mass, so it isn't like I had to get up early for it. I'm just lazy. But we went.

• Like 5

Frankly if there's a valid reason to miss Mass this evening, it's got to be Game 7. Let's Go, Astros!

But we will record it instead.

ETA: The game, not Mass.

😂 Surely there is a special dispensation for these types of situations.

—signed a 4 decade Astros fan

• Like 1

Don't suppose being slightly hung over from hard apple cider and too much sugar is a valid reason to get out of a Holy Day of Obligation, huh? :huh:

Not me, of course. I'm way too responsible for that......it's um..my friend. My friend who has lost her alcohol tolerance and after 1 and 1/2 bottles of hard cider and a few sips of cinnamon whiskey, not to mention a cupcake and a piece of candy, isn't feeling quite up to par.

(I'm not truly asking..I'll suck it up and go. Just need one more cup of coffee in me first, lol.)

I just found out the name of that drink a few weeks ago but I'm not saying it in your Mass thread.

:lol:

• Like 1

I thought having to take the eleven year old for an unexpected tooth extraction might be the straw pushed tnis tired. Recovering from illness mama over the edge with a two year old in tow. However, she perked up, and seemed to feel fine, and the baby took a nice three hour nap so he was happy. The Lord wanted us.

Most parishes have a valid evening Mass for Holy Days like this, because most people can't take off work (or would choose not to).

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Our parish decided to do an evening vigil ON HALLOWEEN.  The only masses they have the day of are 8:30 and noon.  Which means that most people who work or go to a non-Catholic school would have to skip the fun on Halloween.  I'm disliking this pastor less and less.  (There are many WAY more important issues than this.)  Unfortunately we are stuck with him for another 10 years (or 4 if he decides not to stay for 2 terms.)  

Anyway, dh went last night.  I stayed home to help dd with college apps and I couldn't make it to any of our local masses due to doctors appointments.  Hope I'll be forgiven.