Menu

prayer, good thoughts request...

bettyandbob

I'm probably sounding like a broken record in my continuing "hobby" of applying for jobs, which I've been doing intensely for close to 2 years. I do feel I'm getting closer: understanding how to frame my descriptions of skills and responsibilities and reframe to match new job applications, getting better at prepping for interviews, getting used to interview panels.

Anyway, I've got an interview today. 11 am EST. It's exactly 45 minutes. I got someone who has the same level of position within the organization to explain the general interview structure, which is a little weird, but now I know what to expect. My current boss went through all the topics I should expect to be questioned on two days ago. My current boss is sure I'm one of the most qualified. He knows who the applicants are, but he will not be on the interview panel.

I'd really like to stop working 1 big part time job, plus 3 other jobs--it's a bit of a ridiculous juggle. I'd like to pay into a 401K and maybe have a chance to do that for 20 years and have something more than I have now. Dh(60) and I (52) do not have much for retirement, so the thought was we'd likely not retire, but we can't count on staying healthy.

OK, this got long. If you have a second to help me be confident and positive (and calm) I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Diana P.
  • Like 6