Menu

Now the neighbors will think we're racist

Moxie

DH is from Cleveland and he has always been an Indians fan. The Indians are having an amazing season so DH's mother sent a gift--a Chief Wahoo flag for the porch ☹ï¸. I hate Chief Wahoo. I don't allow any clothes in this house with Wahoo on it. When we go to games, we don't take photos with Wahoo. But now his stupid mug is hanging from my front porch. Grr.

Does your husband disagree with you on the anti-Wahoo stance? Because if he has gone along with the no Wahoo clothes or photos I don't understand why he would hang the flag.

Yesterday, I would have said we are in 100% agreement. But Wahoo is on my porch now sooooo.....

I live in Cleveland and everyone I know hates the racist Chief Wahoo mascot and wants it gone. There are plenty of things available with the block C.

Which is what we have on the cars and shirts. I have no idea why mil, who I have a great relationship with, thought this was okay.

Maybe suggest it comes out only on game days or on the back porch, if it HAS to be shown? Or above the TV?

As an Indians fan finally being rewarded for my lifelong loyalty, I completely understand wanting to display team pride. Though I am vaguely annoyed that some people see me as a bandwagoner, and am at the same time vaguely suspicious of all of these other fans I now see. LOL. Maybe tell him that a brand new flag implies he is a new fan, and he should instead use a weathered one to prove he's a longtimer.

I think it's time to stage an accident. Based on recent domestic events at my house, I suggest the following:

A teen or tween should come up with a need for "spirit wear" for the high school football game of a school he or she doesn't even attend. The concept for the spirit wear should involve a baseball cap, plastic sunglasses, and an oversized men's white undershirt - the heavy cotton kind, with sleeves - and the large can of gold spray paint from the auto parts store.

The location for the heavy duty bedazzling should be the front porch. If the brickwork, the rail, the birdhouse, and the screen door are all gonna get defaced by shiny gold overspray, so should Chief Wahoo.

You're welcome.

p.s. The kid won a prize for his blinged out look. In case anyone was wondering.

• Like 7

I am not even a baseball fan, and I'd recognize Wahoo as a sports mascot.  I think most people would.  I think I'd compromise with your DH and only have it out on game days and maybe a day later if they win.  

I see flags for sports teams all over the place.  I mean, I live in central PA; blue stuff is everywhere.  I don't think any Nittany Lion fans are child molesters any more than I'd think you were racist.

• Like 7

Yesterday, I would have said we are in 100% agreement. But Wahoo is on my porch now sooooo.....

I wouldn't make a deal of it, since he previously was in agreement with you. The novelty will wear off pretty quickly and it will come down.  Note, if you weren't previously in agreement I would say a discussion was in order.  But as is, let it run its course.

I wouldn't make a deal of it, since he previously was in agreement with you. The novelty will wear off pretty quickly and it will come down. Note, if you weren't previously in agreement I would say a discussion was in order. But as is, let it run its course.

Yeah, it is staying up until baseball season is over. He dislikes Wahoo but wants to show support for his team. Sigh.