Menu

Ok, now what about booties and pants/leggings? Links to pics in #20

Night Elf

I have a pair of suede slouchy ankle boots I bought to wear with my skirts. Dd says it won't look good to wear them with jeans because they're slouchy. So in my Trunk Club box, I asked for combat boots and skinny jeans. I also own jeans that wouldn't really fit into a boot because they're straight, not tight. Can you only wear tight ankle jeans or jeggings or leggings with ankle boots? My youngest dd wears leggings with her combat boots and oversized shirts and sweaters. If the skinny jeans don't work on me, I am not sure I should keep the combat boots. I don't know what I'd wear them with. But they look so awesome!

Edited by Night Elf

I have a pair of combats that I wear with straight-leg jeans. I have also worn them with leggings and a shorter skirt. My DD thought this was the "coolest" way I've worn them.

When I've worn my combats with straight jeans, I just ease the hem of the jean over the top of the boot.

• Like 2

Combat boots are great with skirts, skirts and leggings combo, just leggings (my current fave), skinny jeans, or your straight leg jeans rolled up to the top of the boot. Basically, you can't really go wrong. :)

Can you tell my fashion sense comes from the punk rock '80s? ;)

• Like 5

THe last time legging were in style was 80's we called them stirrup pants LOL.  We also wore the scrunch ankle  boots.   They came with a elastic strap that went under your foot within the boot so no ride up.

Between my childhood of the 70 and teen years of the 80's everything has come back.  There is really nothing new.  

My sons girlfriend was having the same issues.  I sewed  some elastic strapes for her.   So if you like the look for a bit of thread and time make your straps to keep the pants within the boots - good luck.

I'm tall, so I can't wear leggings with ankle boots. The leggings creep right up!

Me, too!

• Like 1

I like ankle boots with jeans (skinny or straight leg), but I think you have to cuff your jeans to get the right length.  Here's an article with pictures of jeans with different types of ankle boots:

http://www.un-fancy.com/outfits/fall-outfits/part-i-how-to-wear-ankle-booties-with-jeans/

and part two with socks, and boot cut jeans:

http://www.un-fancy.com/outfits/fall-outfits/how-to-wear-ankle-booties-with-jeans-part-ii-socks/

I'm not a combat boot person, but my dd wears them with tights and a skirt.  Or with straight jeans pulled over the boots.  Or cuffed jeans like the ankle boots above. I'd buy some skinny jeans and go for it, if it were me!

Here's some photos of combat boot fashion: http://www.outfittrends.com/cute-outfits-to-wear-with-combat-boots/

• Like 3

THe last time legging were in style was 80's we called them stirrup pants LOL. We also wore the scrunch ankle boots. They came with a elastic strap that went under your foot within the boot so no ride up.

Between my childhood of the 70 and teen years of the 80's everything has come back. There is really nothing new.

My sons girlfriend was having the same issues. I sewed some elastic strapes for her. So if you like the look for a bit of thread and time make your straps to keep the pants within the boots - good luck.

Ah, stirrup pants. The memories...

But it is true that it did the job of keeping the pants down in the boot. And then you had bodysuit-cum-top for essentially the same purpose - keeps a top looking smoothly ever-tucked. Those were kind of murderous on the hoo-ha, though.

• Like 5

Ah, stirrup pants. The memories...

But it is true that it did the job of keeping the pants down in the boot. And then you had bodysuit-cum-top for essentially the same purpose - keeps a top looking smoothly ever-tucked. Those were kind of murderous on the hoo-ha, though.

I was still wearing both of those in the mid-90s. I wore them to my office job. Haha

• Like 1

Nah, the easier solution is to wear calf or knee boots, or go with cropped leggings and sneakers or other flat shoes!

I either wear them with higher boots or flats.

Stirrup pants never worked for me. They weren't tall enough. I am not only tall, but I have a short body and long legs.

I like ankle boots with jeans (skinny or straight leg), but I think you have to cuff your jeans to get the right length.  Here's an article with pictures of jeans with different types of ankle boots:

http://www.un-fancy.com/outfits/fall-outfits/part-i-how-to-wear-ankle-booties-with-jeans/

and part two with socks, and boot cut jeans:

http://www.un-fancy.com/outfits/fall-outfits/how-to-wear-ankle-booties-with-jeans-part-ii-socks/

I'm not a combat boot person, but my dd wears them with tights and a skirt.  Or with straight jeans pulled over the boots.  Or cuffed jeans like the ankle boots above. I'd buy some skinny jeans and go for it, if it were me!

Here's some photos of combat boot fashion: http://www.outfittrends.com/cute-outfits-to-wear-with-combat-boots/

Thank you!! I needed to see these options!

• Like 1

Ok, Lots of good ideas. However, one thing we didn't address was the style of bootie. I have a suede boot, this pair,  that is slouchy. Dd was saying she didn't think ankle pants would look good with slouchy boots. I initially bought the boots to go with my skirts this winter and plan on wearing leggings to keep my legs warm. I've got the combat boots, this pair, coming in my clothing box. Would these be better for all these ideas you've been giving me? They're $100. I want to make sure I'll wear them before I spend that kind of money. I'm fairly certain these combat boots won't go with my rayon skirts so I need to keep the slouchy boots so I know I'll wear them.

I should have put pictures in my first post!

Ok, Lots of good ideas. However, one thing we didn't address was the style of bootie. I have a suede boot, this pair, that is slouchy. Dd was saying she didn't think ankle pants would look good with slouchy boots. I initially bought the boots to go with my skirts this winter and plan on wearing leggings to keep my legs warm. I've got the combat boots, this pair, coming in my clothing box. Would these be better for all these ideas you've been giving me? They're $100. I want to make sure I'll wear them before I spend that kind of money. I'm fairly certain these combat boots won't go with my rayon skirts so I need to keep the slouchy boots so I know I'll wear them.

I was heavily influenced by the punk era so combat boots will always win my heart. :) To me, they go with nearly everything.

The slouchy boots remind me of the Madonna years. I think they will go well with your longer skirts and maybe leggings or skinny jeans. I would add a couple bangles to make myself giggle. :).

Both boots are cute!

Ok, Lots of good ideas. However, one thing we didn't address was the style of bootie. I have a suede boot, this pair,  that is slouchy. Dd was saying she didn't think ankle pants would look good with slouchy boots. I initially bought the boots to go with my skirts this winter and plan on wearing leggings to keep my legs warm. I've got the combat boots, this pair, coming in my clothing box. Would these be better for all these ideas you've been giving me? They're $100. I want to make sure I'll wear them before I spend that kind of money. I'm fairly certain these combat boots won't go with my rayon skirts so I need to keep the slouchy boots so I know I'll wear them.

For me, combat boots go with everything.  I adore mine and I wear them with jeans, leggings, skirts, etc.  I do like tallish boots, always have.

• Like 2

THe last time legging were in style was 80's we called them stirrup pants LOL.  We also wore the scrunch ankle  boots.   They came with a elastic strap that went under your foot within the boot so no ride up.

Between my childhood of the 70 and teen years of the 80's everything has come back.  There is really nothing new.  

I wore stirrup pants in the 60s so they were having a come back when you wore them in the 80s. I hated stirrup pants because they hurt my feet. I have long legs (thighs mostly) so for the pants to fit properly and not be too big at the waist, they had to be too short and cut into the bottom of my foot. But oh, I was determined to wear them because "everyone" was wearing them.

And then you had bodysuit-cum-top for essentially the same purpose - keeps a top looking smoothly ever-tucked. Those were kind of murderous on the hoo-ha, though.

Oh I remember the shirts with the 3 snaps at the crotch LOL.  They were not comfortable

If those snap adult onesies are what you mean Quill, I wore those too. I remember having to pee so bad and trying to undo the snaps in time. What were we thinking? Why did we go along with such crazy fashion?  :lol:

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1

LOL. I remember the stirrup pants but not the equivalent for tops that hurt the hoo-ha. I cannot even picture this even though I am trying... :lol:

Leotard shirt maybe?

I'm just thrilled that plaid flannel shirts are back! Wahoo - back to the 90's, I'm wearing one today. :-) 

Oh yes they have! We saw them in almost every store when we were at the mall shopping two weeks ago. My kids are like, What in the world... Thank goodness they wouldn't wear that!

what were they thinking LOL  Maybe with todays all elastic stretchy fabric they may be more comfortable.

But like everything being sold now I have a really hard time buying any of it.  I seriously feel like I've I'm in a time machined back to 86 or something.   :lol: