Menu

I thought kids outgrew this (tongue-in-cheek post, no advice needed)

marbel

My daughter is home today with me.  She is 18 and a freshman at community college.  She has always been a talker and likes contact with me.  (Unless I'm asking too many questions about her boyfriend, etc.  LOL)  

But, today she was working on an art project and we hadn't talked for about 30 minutes.  So I plugged into an audiobook.  Within 5 minutes she was shrieking about something so I had to pause my book and see what was going on. She was just frustrated with something, and said "sorry, go back to your book."  Well, I didn't bother for about 30 minutes because I figured I'd hear from her again.  But when some time went by, and she was happily working, I plugged in and not 5 minutes later... 

This happened twice more today (not always in the midst of her art project).  I can't read or listen to anything when she is home.  

I knew little kids had that 6th sense about when mom shouldn't be interrupted, and so interrupted her.  I thought it would be over by young adulthood.  :-)

(Don't get me wrong; I love that she talks to me, wants my advice, etc., etc.  But I have been waiting for quiet in my house for many years now... )

• Like 13