Menu

What is your experience with Zulilly?

Laurie4b

A shirt I really liked popped up in an ad, but I have never purchased from them before. 

How would you rate the quality of their garments? 

How easy are returns? 

Their sizing was a bit unique. Do you order according to their measurement charts?  How does that work? 

Love Zulily but they do things differently. They ship bulk so often shipping takes a while. No returns. If you have an issue with quality though they will fix it often in the form of a refund or store credit. I have used them for a long time for kids clothes and the like. They are a lovely company.

• Like 2

I've ordered two things from them. A dress that was absolutely adorable, but ran small, so Youngest didn't get to wear it as long as I would have wanted. And shoes that ran HUGE (seriously more than a size larger than they were labeled) so they sat in her closet forever waiting for her to grow into them and then they weren't the highest quality and the bows came apart in only a few wears. I could have gotten something nicer for the same price at Target. Sooo, I'm kinda meh on Zulilly. Their prices aren't good enough for the uncertainty. But if I find something there I simply have to have, I might order again.

• Like 1

I haven't ordered from them, but I like looking through their things.

My friend is totally addicted to them.  Apparently, whenever you order something, they send you special deals on other things, and before long, you have a chain of orders for things you never intended to buy.  She thinks it's great fun, like Christmas all year.  I know myself well enough to know that is not a safe environment for me!   :001_rolleyes:

• Like 1

Not great. No quality issues, but I was buying a brand I'm familiar with, so I knew the quality would be excellent. But of the three orders I have placed, two got messed up (a missing item from one order, and an order that got lost and was never located), and the customer service dealing with the issues wasn't great. I'm not planning on ordering from them again.

• Like 1

Yeah the shipping time is a real killer.  On top of the fact it takes FOREVER to get stuff, part of my order was delayed beyond the shipping estimate.  And 2 things were delayed so long that they basically suggested I cancel the order.  No joke.  Which I did. 

Some of our seasons are often very short.  For example, summer.  So if you order summer clothes at the beginning of July, but don't get them until mid August, summer is nearly over.  That is what happened to me. 

• Like 1

Quality depends on the brand. Some brands are excellent. Some are not. Just like shopping at a mall. Remember, Zulily doesn't manufacture the stuff, they're more like an auction house.

There at usually returns at all. It's very rare that I've seen an item which can be returned.

Yes, use the measurement charts. Again, different brands. They provide the sizing chart from the company making the stuff, if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Quality depends on the brand. Some brands are excellent. Some are not. Just like shopping at a mall. Remember, Zulily doesn't manufacture the stuff, they're more like an auction house.

There at usually returns at all. It's very rare that I've seen an item which can be returned.

Yes, use the measurement charts. Again, different brands. They provide the sizing chart from the company making the stuff, if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This.

Things to keep in mind...it is best when you can get a deep discount on something you already wanted. Last spring I got my kids all crocs for 10 bucks a pair. I ordered based on going to the sizing chart for crocs on their site, not zulilies. I did the same thing with Coco Jumbo shoes for my daughter which I love. They are so expensive but found some for 5.99 a pair so I bought a bunch in different sizes. Just go straight to the brands site for sizing.

I like Oilily, Hanna Andersson, crocs, Mini Boden, magnetiles, etc so I just type in brands and click the heart next to the brand. When zulily is going to have them available I get an email when to jump on. Things usually are up for sale by 6am pacific time and that is the best deals.

Buy in advance. I bought Adidas swimsuits for the kids in March and they were to us by the end of April in time for sprinkler season.

If you use them this way they are fabulous.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for the feedback. The item I liked was a tunic by Reborn. When I searched around on the internet, that is apparently a Zulilly produced brand , and sight unseen, no returns, and a weird size chart: I think I will pass. I will use your strategy nixpix and figure out what brands they carry and shop by brand. 

I had been interested in ordering something from them too, but I looked up their return policy and read this - I didn't order. 

Can I return items on zulily?

At zulily, we’re committed to you, our customers. We generally are unable to process returns, except in limited circumstances or as part of special promotions. However, we want you to be delighted. If something doesn’t meet your expectations, we’re committed to doing our best to help you find a solution. For questions, contact our customer service at service@zulily.com, or (877)-779-5615. For more information about return-eligible items, see zulily's Terms and Conditions.

• Like 1

I've purchased shoes and paint from them. In both cases at a great price, but they were brands I knew. I got my last pair of orthaheel shoes from them, and a huge amount of washable Crayola paints. Both times the prices were amazing, but shipping took much longer than most places. A few weeks maybe? 

A shirt I really liked popped up in an ad, but I have never purchased from them before. 

How would you rate the quality of their garments? 

How easy are returns? 

Their sizing was a bit unique. Do you order according to their measurement charts?  How does that work? 

I order online a fair bit so size is always an estimate.  Quality is hit or miss dependent on the brand/price of what you buy.  Bought a pair of Skecher shoes for Liv at a great price - they were the quality of Skechers.  Bought a dirt cheap pair of shoes for La and they were the weight of a feather.  (Held up remarkably well though - very odd.)  

Haven't had to return anything yet.